Coverage Mapper will record and submit cellular signal strength data to a central server, to generate accurate coverage maps for your provider.
Please check out the website (http://www.coveragemapper.com), preferably on a computer, to get a better understanding of the application before downloading it.
As you travel with the application running, it records your device's signal strength, tied to your current location. This data is all uploaded to a central server, where it is aggregated with the data from other users, and averaged into accurate coverage maps that show not just where a provider has coverage, but also how good the coverage is.
This is a beta application. Please report any issues on the forum or by email.
Since this question is frequently asked, install to SD is not an option, because Coverage Mapper runs as a background service, which cannot be moved to the SD card.
Reliable Site Surveys with Precision and Flexibility
The Coverage Checker device application is free solution designed for anyone to complete wireless site surveys of indoor and outdoor locations.
~ Great M2M Training Tools Included
~ Bandwidth & Speed Tests
~ Network Quality Tests
~ See your surveys on Maps
~ Great for Indoor Distributed Antenna System Planning (iDAS)
Built for Mission Critical Wireless Solutions, Large M2M Deployment, Reliable Site Surveys with Precision and Flexibility
~ Design and deploy the most accurate indoor & outdoor WAN network correctly the first time and prevent costly rework & IT complaints
~ Collect real-world data by performing unique true end-user experience (WAN throughput, data rates, retries, losses) measurements
~ Simulate “What-if” scenarios to prevent or minimize costly repeat survey walks
Single-click WAN network readiness verification for Voice over WiFi and Location Services
~ Confidently certify the network for any design/application requirements using customer-ready pass/fail assessment reports
~ Customize reports enabling efficient hand over of results based on WAN design/application requirements
~ Seamless integration to validate the estimated WAN model
The Coverage Checker Pro device application is an affordable solution designed for anyone to complete wireless site surveys featuring dynamic live readings and measurements while providing detailed reports that are importable and exportable. Infatrac is the leader in Machine to Machine (M2M) software and application development.
Look at 2G / 3G coverage in two clicks and a little time!
App collects current cell parameters and draws pictures according to Google and Yandex.
WARNING! Only for GSM family devices (UMTS, HSDPA, ...)
★ GSM Field Test
★ GSM Signal Monitoring
View easy-to-use maps showing millions of mobile performance test results to get insights down to the street level. With the push of a button, test your network’s Call Performance and data speeds. Your test results are combined with those of other users in the RootMetrics community for a holistic view of performance. Multiple testing options and constantly updated maps make this app the easiest and most comprehensive source for improving your mobile experience.
• View information about call performance and data connection speed.
• See the number of tests completed by location and operator.
• Compare your network’s true performance against other networks with interactive call performance and data speed maps.
• Report dropped calls, poor signal strength, and slow data issues.
• Choose whether you want to do a single test at a time or set the app to do background or continuous testing.
100% FREE. No annoying advertisements or in-app purchases.
If you like the app:
• Please rate it and leave your comments in the app store
• Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/rootmetrics
• Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/rootmetrics
Download the app, keep testing, and help spread the word. Together, we’re making mobile performance better.
MyMobileCoverage℠ Smartphone Application users will be able to:
• Map and view the exact locations of dropped calls, failed calls and congestion spots
• Measure data speed and performance
• View the live status of network signal strength
• Share coverage metrics with your operator to help them improve your coverage!
What sets MyMobileCoverage℠ apart from other coverage applications is that we measure and display real coverage from real users, one user at a time and we never interpolate data. Our technology is simply more accurate and we work directly with wireless providers to improve your mobile experience.
We are looking for "virtual engineers" to download the application and help drive-test your own wireless network. Uncover coverage deficiencies and help measure the performance of various devices and operating systems. Join the thousands of virtual engineers already helping to improve wireless networks around the world with MyMobileCoverage℠!
*Some features may not be available on all Android devices.
**Some features may not be available on CDMA devices.
Visit http://mymobilecoverage.com/support.html for more details.
MyMobileCoverage℠ protects your privacy by collecting ONLY coverage information such as dropped calls, failed calls, poor signal quality and data speeds; identifying where on the network the trouble spots exist, sharing that information with users themselves and their primary wireless provider for the purpose of improving their network.
The application puts colored markers on a map after determining the exact location using GPS. Google Maps or OpenStreetMap can be displayed as a map.
Collected data can be exported as an image, KML or CSV file.
It allows Android handsets to be used as test-devices, allowing it to be used by OpenMarket to verify coverage and capabilities of messaging routes both in regions where we don't have staff on the ground and to better test real-world situations: for example using ported numbers or roaming subscribers.
- Determine which operator is best for you by visualizing 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE and Roaming coverage information for the largest operators in the United States.
- You can perform an address search or geolocate your device to view a map of the mobile network technologies that are available in your area of interest.
- The “Insights” feature provides a dynamic stream of global intelligence about the mobile industry.
Why should I spend $1.99 per year to upgrade to the premium version of CellMaps Mobile Coverage?
- The premium version provides mobile network coverage intelligence at the street level versus a less detailed market view in the free version.
- You can view and compare the mobile network coverage maps of multiple operators at the same time.
- The coverage check feature is enabled that lets you quickly compare – by operator and technology – what networks should be available at a given location.
The information used in this application is based on marketed network coverage information and does not guarantee service availability. Actual service availability may vary due to weather, terrain, foliage, buildings, equipment, and other factors.
The application requires access to mobile or Wi-Fi data networks. Standard usage fees for data transfer apply.
If you are having issues with address search or geolocation, please try rebooting your device. There is a known issue related to Google Play updates on some devices which may cause location services to fail until the device has been restarted.
Current network status may be displaying in the customizable widget.
Tags: GSM, 3G, CDMA, EVDO, signal detection, cell tower location, cellular network, cell location, cell id, cell coverage statistics, cell coverage map, network widget
Useful if you experience 'No Service' problems with your network provider.
- Start app when phone is turned off/on
- Hide notification when Status is OK
- Updated UI
** FULL ROOT SUPPORT **
Application updated to offer support for rooted devices.
We just launched! Help us collect data to make the reports more accurate.
Carrier Coverage is a community driven project that shows which carriers have the best signal strength in your area and around the globe.
- What carrier performs best in your neighborhood?
- Near your job?
- How good is your current carrier?
- Will you get reception on vacation?
Carrier Coverage aims to answer these questions but we can't do it without your help! Simply download the app, choose your participation level, and rest assured that we keep your privacy and battery life as top priorities. Thanks for being part of the #1 resource for Carrier Coverage information!
- Specific address reporting
- 3G vs 4G support
- Data speed reports
- International support
- Additional features based on user feedback