"My Anchor Watch" (MAW) is one of the Best and most Reliable Safety Tools of its kind for Sailors and Yachters.
MAW is your personal Anchor Watch. It is Advanced - yet Easy to Use, and will give you Peace Of Mind while at Anchor.
One of the best Apps for Anchoring. For Sail- and Power-boats.
MAW makes sure that you are alerted if the anchor fails to hold, and starts dragging.
For Saliors - by Sailors.
Please note that GPS Performance and Accuracy is determined by your Device's Hardware alone, and not by this App. If you experience bad accuracy or many False Alarms, you should try to move the Device to another place, e.g. on deck.
IF YOU ARE ANCHORING AT E.G. 30 FT, USE AT LEAST 90 FT CHAIN, AND SET DRIFT LIMIT TO AT LEAST 130 FT.
The battery is conserved by having the app running in the background, and by letting the user optionally configure a slow (selectable) GPS Update Rate.
After the Anchor has been set, you can close the User Interface screen, letting MAW continue running in the background - while you use your Android for other Purposes.
When your boat exceeds the Drift Limit - or enters the optional Alarm Sector - or the GPS Fails, an Alarm is activated.
Access to the Internet or a Phone Network is normally not required. If you want MAW to send SMS Messages, however, you need access to the Phone Network.
(*) NOTE that sending and reception of SMSs will NOT work on Tablets without a SIM card.
- GPS based Anchor Alarm
- Details View
- Swing View
- See Boat on Map
- Drift Alarm
- Optional Alarm Sector (+ Wind Shift Alarm, + Tide Change Alarm)
- GPS Alarms
- Anchor Projection
- Boat/GPS Track History
- GPS Low Pass Filter
- Configurable GPS Update Rate
- Configurable Position Formats
- Selectable Nautical Units
- Visible, Audible and/or Vibrator Alarm
- Selectable Alarm Sound/Signal
- Bearing Compass
- Low Battery consumption
- Extensive Help Text
- Smart Watch Alarm Notifications
- Optional use as an Emergency Navigator
- Display of GPS Accuracy (Nummerical and Graphical)
- Audible and Visual Warnings on various GPS issues (such as poor accuracy and temporary unavailability)
- Saves Last Anchor Position
- Runs in the Background, even when phone "sleeps"
- Optional sending of an SMS Message to another phone at various Alarm Events
- Sending an SMS Status Message (including the Boat Position, Alarm Status, Battery Level and other Statuses and Settings) when an SMS is received from another phone - with the selected/settable Password
- Optional Selection of BLACK or WHITE Button texts
If you like MAW, please give it a Rating. If you have a Problem, please send us an Email before posting a Bad Rating. Many Problems seem to be caused by simple Misunderstandings.