Staying in touch has never been easier. Use Skype on any device to message, video chat, call, or share with the people and groups you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Connect anywhere: Use Skype across all of your mobile and desktop devices to call, text and instant message all of your favorite people and groups.
• Free messaging internationally: Send Skype messages internationally to chat with your family, friends, and groups around the world.
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Group chat: Add your favorite people and start chatting with a message or video chat. Use groups to plan together, play together, text, or just for hanging out.
• Calling and international calling made simple over Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* voice and video calling make it easier to stay connected with friends, family, and groups. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Supercharge your messages with Add-Ins**: No more switching back and forth between apps. Easily share content to your groups without leaving Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations. Easily add photos to a call or text to share your day with the people and groups you care about.
• Share highlights: Keep others updated with highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
* Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
** Add-In availability will vary by country/region.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.