Every time the screen is switched on, the app checks whether Wi-Fi networks are close to previous connection hotspots/wifi-modems respectively which are permanently stored in the settings (see wpa_supplicant.conf). If no stored network is found, the Wi-Fi feature is turned off completely, otherwise it remains switched on.
- No power consuming background processes
- Increase the battery life
- App without frills
- Only rooted devices: Overview over all networks + passwords
- Timer (Disable the app for a certain time)
- Turn Wi-Fi off, when the display is turned off
If you are looking for the best wifi optimizer then this wifi network tool must be your best choice! It is totally free, lite and fast!
Download this perfect wifi booster & Easy Analyzer and increase your wifi signal now.
How to use:
Open Wifi Booster & Easy Analyzer, watching at the wifi signal strength and move your device to other location. When you find the wifi signal has been enhanced. Then this place is the best position to obtain a better signal.
✔Display your wifi info and wifi signal strength.
✔Provide Manual boosting mode with the network analyzer to lead you to move your device to a better place .
✔Detect the available wireless hotspot, wifi tether or wifi direct as a wifi detector.
✔Monitoring and analyze your network speed in background to ensure you have the fastest network speed.
Notice: This network signal speed booster is for wifi signal only. Not for 3g 4g wireless Signal.
If you think our wifi network booster is useful, please give us 5 stars to encourage our hard work. Thank you very much!
ASUS Wi-Fi Projection is an easy-to-use app which enables you to project whatever is on your mobile device display through an ASUS wireless-ready projector. Showcase photos, PDFs, and MS Office files from your mobile device through a Wi-Fi network; you can even display web browser content and link it to your Dropbox storage account.
All ASUS wireless-ready projectors feature a small Wi-Fi adapter for direct wireless connections to a notebook PC, or Android and iOS devices. This eliminates the need for a video cable for presentations as files can be streamed to the projector. An Android or iOS device can also be used as a wireless remote presentations, and even to annotate slides in real time.
- View MS Office files(Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, and it also supports Sketch function and save to photo roll.
- View local photo gallery; with sketch support
- Display web pages-link and view documents stored in Dropbox
This plugin can't be launched by itself. You need to get QR Droid 5.3 (or greater) for free in order to use it.
You can get it here: http://q.qr.ai
This is when Android starts to drain all the juice from the battery, as it will start searching for a wireless connection, and this process requires a lot of energy, it will continue until we manually turn off the Wireless connection, or we find a hotspot.
This is where Wifi Battery Saver Widget comes to save the day!!! Once activated, it will scan for active wireless connections, if it finds that the Android device have the Wifi turned ON, but is not connected to any Wireless network, it will just turn OFF the Wifi connection! That simple!! NO ROOT ACCESS REQUIRED!!!
Once you put the Widget in the homescreen, just tap it once to activate it, and tap it again to deactivate it. :)
The recommended settings are selected by default. You should confirm the settings are appropriate for your usage of WiFi.
1. WiFi Auto On
- This app periodically turns on WiFi. After a while, it checks whether a WiFi connection has been made. When you do not have a WiFi connection, the phone WiFi is turned off.
2. WiFi Auto Off
- This app turns off WiFi when the phone WiFi service turned on but you are not connected to a known WiFi access point.
- Check Policy ("When screen on" or "Always")
* Please push the button("Start Application").
* This application doesn't use GPS.
Add the widget to your Home Screen and one touch to switch on and off the Wifi.
** IF YOU ARE UPGRADING, PLEASE REMOVE ALL WIDGET INSTANCES AND ADD THEM NEW **
This App has 2 Widgets Simple and Advanced Widget with more details and more controls.
- Single tap to open WiFi System settings.
- More detailed information on the status.
- Shows External IP Address as well.
Send your feedback and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Featured on Life Hacker, PC World & Android Central and recommended by Motorola! The ORIGINAL, best, steadiest and most popular WiFi file transfer app with now over 1 million users across all app stores worldwide! *
Browse, transfer, download, upload, delete, copy, rename, stream and manage files that are on your Android device, using a web browser via a WiFi connection.
No more taking your phone apart to get the SD card out or grabbing your cable to access your camera pictures and copy across your favourite MP3s.
"I wholeheartedly recommend going the wireless route with WiFi File Explorer!" - PC World review - 5 stars.
"Best couple of bucks I ever spent." - Top app of 2011 - from Android Central's Jerry Hildenbrand.
1. Using a web browser, you can browse and download all the files on your Android device without the need for a cable. Download entire directories with one click which no other similar app offers;
2. Multiple batch file uploads and downloads to save you time when transferring many files at once from your computer to your Android device or vice-versa;
3. Backup your entire SD card or just backup individual directories with one simple click – for example, backup all your photos just by downloading the Camera directory!
4. Download a streaming media playlist to allow you to quickly flick through and stream all the stored media files in a directory into a media player on your computer. This is a unique feature not offered by other apps;
5. Create brand new directories and delete/rename/copy/zip/unzip files - the perfect file manager;
6. Use the one of a kind gallery viewer to create a slide show of all your camera pictures directly from your Android device. Simply click on a picture’s file name to launch the gallery viewer and then hit the play button to enjoy all your pictures in the web browser;
7. Search box so that you can find any file on your Android device;
8. Select between thumbnail and detail views to choose the best method to quickly browse your files. Thumbnails are supported for both pictures AND videos!
9. It is also uniquely an installer, so automatically install app files with just once click in the web browser;
10. With with one simple click you can set any audio file on your device to become your ringtone;
11. View all the camera pictures and videos or listen to all the music on your Android device streamed directly in a web browser. Use shortcut tabs to quickly view ‘All Music’, ‘All Pictures’ and ‘All Videos’ stored on your device, no matter which directory they are in;
12. Runs as a service in the background so you can use other apps while you are making transfers;
13. Simple to use with no set up or buttons – it just works!
14. Password protected to prevent unwanted access;
15. Ability to configure the port settings;
16. Full support for special characters in file names which competitor apps do not support;
17. Visual indicators and stats of how much free space is on your Android device as well as real-time indicators of how much battery and WiFi signal you currently have;
18. Send an email to the web link from the app for easy connection;
19. Special “Development Goodies” mode to enable SSL protection – email developer for details!
20. LOTS more features in development;
* Before emailing, check FAQs at http://dooblou.blogspot.com *
* Follow @dooblou on Twitter for all the latest news and updates as they occur *
* Find us on Facebook – Search for ‘WiFi File Explorer’ *
If you do have problems using this application on your WiFi network, it is most likely a configuration problem with your router/network. Please contact the developer if you have any questions and he may be able to help you ... but please don't rate low because your network isn't configured properly - that isn't the application’s fault ;)
This is based on a recent blog post 'Helmhurts' at www.jasmcole.com, which was featured on io9, Ars Technica, the Daily Mail, Scientific American and many other blogs.
This app uses the 2D Finite Difference Time Domain method to solve Maxwell's equation on a Cartesian grid. An example floorplan is included in the app.
How to use:
Your floorplan needs to be a .png file, with empty space marked black and materials marked with colours. Images will be converted into the correct materials on loading - this may take a few seconds.
Pixels are mapped to 1 centimetre, so scale the floorplan appropriately.
The simulation is limited in speed due to the mobile processor, so try to keep images below approximately 500x500 pixels
Touch the image to set a router location, marked by a red circle. Select the antenna parameters at the bottom.
Set the number of iterations to run for, how often to plot the result, and the upper limit on the colourmap scale.
Choose a field to plot - the default is the out-of-plane electric field.
Click run and the simulation will begin. Click stop to pause at any time - this saves the simulation progress which can be continued by clicking run again. To reset, open an image again.
To save the simulation output as an image, click Save at any time. Images are saved to internal/external storage and added to the end of the camera roll.
To start recording a simulation click the record 'R' button. When the simulation is stopped a GIF animation is generated.
Under the bonnet:
An antenna oscillates at 2.4 GHz. The edges of the image use absorbing boundary conditions as in Mur 1981, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
Where walls are defined, the relevant refractive indices and loss tangents for 2.4GHz radiation are used.
Wavelength and resolution are currently constant, this may change in a future release.
This app is not intended as a replacement for existing EM simulation software packages.
As a 2D approximation including only simple walls it does not accurately model a given floorplan.
It is, however, a bit of fun and entertaining to play with.
Get in on play here: http://go.syslynx.co.uk/go/wifi+web+login+app/play+app+desc
ON SALE NOW!
Both apps need to be installed on you device at the same time to have unlimited access to "WiFi Web Login" features.
Automatic hotspot login, hotel WiFi login, corporate guest WiFi login, and other Captive Portal Logins. Stop filling in the annoying web login form to get Internet access on you favourite hotspots, WiFi Web login can do it for you automatically! Simply record your login steps ONCE and WiFi Web Login replays them in the BACKGROUND when ever required without any manual interaction from you!
- Supports hotspots with multiple step login procedures, popup windows, and any combination of Captive Portal entry fields (username, password, accept terms, etc)
- Target recordings at multiple Wireless Access Points by name (SSID) or location (BSSID)
- Configurable re-checking to promote playback when login expiries whilst connected
WE ARE AWARE THAT THE RELEASE OF LOLLIPOP HAS CAUSED SOME PROBLEMS FOR THE APP AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE
There only workaround is to disable mobile network data before connecting to the WiFi network.
Did you know that there are thousands of privacy attacks and password theft incidents per day? These are mostly executed by attackers through public WiFi Hotspots. From Appriva Privacy Maximizer's team, Moobila's standalone full WiFi Security+ app helps you protect yourself from such attacks.
Moobila WiFi Security+ provides you a security solution by analyzing your connected WiFi. It tells you whether the connected WiFi is Safe or Malicious.
1. WiFi Security
2. Current WiFi Status (Secure/Malicious)
3. List of top 10 recently connected WiFis
4. Listing of available hotspots and connect/disconnect with any available hotspot
5. Link to Appriva Privacy Protector by Moobila
6. Feedback option
For a full explanation of why SkipLock was created, see this blog post: http://benhirashima.com/posts/the-rebirth-of-unlock-with-wifi/
This app is NOT the unlock key for SkipLock. Do not buy this app if you want to use SkipLock.
Tired of entering your password every time you turn on your phone? Unlock With WiFi™ unlocks your phone when you're connected to your home WiFi network. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?
Unlock With WiFi is the leading password convenience app on the market. It's focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn't quite right.
How it works:
When you get home and connect to your WiFi network, your device will unlock. Then when you leave, and the WiFi disconnects, the device will lock again. You have to enter your password the first time after you connect to your WiFi network. This is so that if someone steals or finds your phone, they can't just bring it to your house to unlock it. After you enter your password once while connected to your WiFi network, you won't have to enter it again until you leave/disconnect. This is great for SMS texting!
You can also set a lock delay, for when you're not at home. The default delay is set to 5 seconds (you can adjust it), so when you turn the screen off, the device won't lock until 5 seconds have passed. That way, if you remember something you forgot to do, you can turn it back on without entering your password. This feature is considered experimental at this time. It works on most devices, but isn't guaranteed to work on all devices.
There are also battery saving options to:
Turn off WiFi when you leave home
Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home
Turn off Bluetooth when you get home
Turn off Auto Sync when you leave home
Turn on Auto Sync when you get home
If you have trouble with this app, please email me. Send an email with Unlock With WiFi in the subject to email@example.com. If it doesn't have Unlock With WiFi in the subject, it will be filtered as spam.
IMPORTANT: To uninstall this app, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won't work if device admin mode is enabled.
WARNING: This app doesn't work on some phones. Please read this description carefully, and the FAQ. http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Does not work on Android 5+. However, Android 5.0 has much of SkipLock's functionality built in now.
The app is not compatible with Motorola Skip or Dots.
Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
It won't work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
It won't work if your employer enforces a password policy on your phone. Some corporate Exchange email users have this.
Only PINs and passwords can be used in Android 4.0 and above. Patterns and face unlock are not supported.
Unlock With WiFi is incompatible with some antivirus and battery saver apps. See the FAQ for details.
Make sure to exclude Unlock With WiFi from your task killer apps, or it won't work properly.
See the FAQ for more details http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement, which can be read here: http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/eula.
THIS APP WORKS ONLY IF YOU HAVE ROOT PERMISSION
*** FOR REQUESTS SUPPORT OR HELP ON THE CONFIGURATION WRITE ME TO EMAIL, DO NOT NEED TO WRITE REVIEWS / FEEDBACK FOR THIS ***
REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT MUST BE MADE FROM YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT WITH WICH YOU PURCHASED THE APP
PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, CONTACT US BY EMAIL AT SNCLABS@GMAIL.COM BEFORE LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT SUCCESSFUL WIFI TETHERING IS OFTEN SOMETIMES HARDWARE-SPECIFIC WITH VARYING SOFTWARE CONDITIONS.
*** If you have problems with Android 4.3 / 4.4, be sure you have DISABLED (unchecked) the "Scan always available" option following path: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> Scan always available ***
FOR T-MOBILE USERS AND NEXUS 5
Need to change your APN, simply navigate to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names. Select your T-Mobile APN, and scroll to APN protocol. Change this to IPv4, and then save your APN.
Now compatible with: Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note 3, Note 4 and other devices
LG G2 and LG Flex with Android 4.4.x
Games Online with Xbox or Play Station? this app can correct the problem MTU
Turn your device into a WiFi Router! WiFi Tether Router lets you use your smartphone as a WiFi hotspot without additional costs.
Most cellular providers charge additional rates on top of your smartphone data plan for tethering or hotspot usage. With WiFi Tether Router, however, you can connect to the internet via another wifi-enabled device through your carrier’s data plan that is already associated with your phone!
Compatible with most PC’s, tablets, smartphones, or other portable devices. Also compatible with Android 4.0.x 4.1.x, Android 4.2.x and Android 4.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean). Language support for Italian, English and French.
WiFi Tether Router is simple to use without complexities. Simply configure the your hotspot by first naming your personal network (located under “Configure WiFi Router”), then select “Enable WiFi Router” to begin surfing the web from your secondary device or PC.
As noted above, each individual smartphone/tablet is different in a myriad of ways, so in cases where a connection is does not work right away, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address your specific situation. We make every effort to respond promptly to inquiries, and you can view some of our customer service success stories in the reviews below. We are constantly improving the code and features of WiFi Tether Router, so your feedback is important!
WiFi Overview 360 Pro is not only a WLAN Scanner, which shows all WLANs in range, the app is much more.
This app is a "Swiss Army Knife" for WLANs.
With a powerful "WiFi Detector/Sniffer", who expanded the Android function enormously. "WiFi Detector" looking for open WLANs, gives a notification (sound, pop-up text window, vibrate and text-to-speech - if you want) and can connect automatically.
With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not and much more) in your environment.
The tab "Ch Check" (Channel Checker) and "Ch. Radar" (Channel Radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.
Main features are:
- WiFi Detector - the powerful open network finder
- "Quick connect shortcut", you can set a shortcut to switch/connect quick and easy between/to wlans
- change WLAN priority manually
- included 1x1, 2x1 and 4x1 widgets with different styles
- WLAN scanner
- WLAN sorting options for "strength", "alphabetically" and "open/known WLANs"
- automatic WiFi activation at startup - if off, and automatic turn-off at the end
- manual way to add a network
- detailed wlan information
- graphical representation of all wireless networks in the operating range
- channel checker for the best channel choice
- Android 4.x support
- Tablet support
- WLAN Internet connection check
- and much more ...
• Upload or download multiple files at once
• Upload entire folder structures (Google Chrome only)
• Delete, rename, copy, zip or unzip files
• Compatible with all modern operating systems that provide a web browser (Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc.)
• Password authentication (optional)
• Shortcuts to photo, video and music directories
• Runs as a background service
• View photos directly in your web browser
• Autostart service when connected to home network (optional)
• Provides access to external SD cards and USB storage devices
• Works while the device is in hotspot mode
• In order to use this app, your computer and your phone need to be on the same local area network.
• If you would like to use this app on public WiFi networks, please make sure to set an access password in the app settings.
ADVANTAGES OVER THE FREE VERSION
• This paid version allows you to upload files of any size while the free version is limited to 5 MB per file.
Feel free to send any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions to email@example.com.