SmackSocial is the easiest way to get a group of friends together and to see all your social options in one place - it’s a newsfeed of your social life.
Coordinating a campout, movie night, pickleball game, or grocery run? Skip the group chats and throw it on SmackSocial. We take care of the rest. Send a personal invite text to your off-app phone contacts all at once without the time and hassle of group SMS and Android/iOS issues. (The app never sends texts without your explicit permission and confirmation). No more sending reminder texts or answering the same questions in separate chats. Everyone has the info they need to show up and have a good time, even if they’re not on the app. Nobody gets left out.
SmackSocial is a newsfeed of hangouts and events that YOU are invited to. No more scrolling through endless group chats to find event details or swiping through Instagram stories to remember who's hosting a bonfire tonight. On a night with no plans, scroll through your invites, see your options, and show up to whatever sounds fun.
No algorithms. No numbers. Just quality time with friends.
- Create Drifts (hangouts/events) for anything social:
- Pickup Sports
- Grabbing Dinner
- Study Sessions
- Road Trips
- Movie Nights
- Game Nights
- Hot tubbing
- Grocery Runs
- Jam Sessions
- Add flyers to Drifts for visual interest.
- Mark Drift as Virtual to include a URL for a virtual hangout (Discord, Zoom, etc.).
- Mark Drift as TBD to determine date/time later.
- Add co-host(s) to allow additional users to edit Drift details and invite their friends.
- Enable “Repeats” for recurring Drifts that should automatically repeat on a specified cadence (ex: weekly movie nights).
- Enable “Redrift” to allow your friends to share the Drift to their friends, and so on.
- Enable “Limited Attendance” to ask friends to confirm if they’re going. Great for times when you only have a certain number of seats in a car, tickets for a game, etc.
- Add a poll to the chat for group voting (ex: what date/time is best, which movie to watch).
- Automatically text friends to invite them individually.
- Automatically share to Instagram.
- See all your social invites in one place.
- View friends you know who were invited to the same Drift.
- See when a blocked user is invited to the same Drift, so you can avoid attending.
- No-pressure invites - no need to RSVP or post in the chat.
- Receive notifications for Drifts starting in one hour.
- Drift details are separate from the Drift chat, so you don’t need to sift through messages to find important information.
- Drifts disappear when the event is over, so your phone doesn’t get cluttered with old/irrelevant information.
- Click on the “Expired” filter to view expired Drifts for up to 7 days until they’re archived - great for sharing any final photos or coordinating shared expenses.
- Dismiss and filter Drifts you’re not interested in.
- Import the Drift’s details into your phone’s calendar by clicking on the Drift’s date/time.
- Launch phone’s navigation by tapping on the Drift’s location.
- Organize friends into different friend-lists. (Ex: movie buffs, book club, classmates, basketball team). No one can see who’s in these lists except you. When you create an event, select which friend-lists and/or individuals you want to invite, and they’ll see the Drift in their newsfeed.
- Because friend-lists aren’t public, it’s easy to remove friends from lists without offending. They simply won’t see your Drift invites in their newsfeed.
- Add phone contacts (who aren’t on Smack) to friend-lists, and when you invite them to a Drift, they’ll receive a personalized text message from you.
Forget social media. Get a social life.