“Learn about Blaan language, culture, and folklore through Gnarè Blaan”
Gnarè Blaan is an interactive literacy app that teaches basic literacy, culture, and folklore of the Blaan tribe in the Philippines. It is meant to educate young learners, as well as those who want to know more about the tribe.
It features the following contents:
- learn how to correctly write letters by tracing
- learn how to pronounce Blaan letters
- learn Blaan word association
- learn how to correctly write numbers by tracing
- learn how to pronounce Blaan numbers
- learn how to count numbers in Blaan
- learn about Blaan folklore and values from six animated stories: (1) Dad kafye gwè di kat du, (2) Blaan Agu, (3) Gambulung dad knun di banwe, (4) Fye ulé taná, (5) Fun Bulun, and (6) Magtikeng bnatel
CULTURE and ARTS
- watch the Blaan Tribal Dances and Music
- listen to Blaan Chants and Prayers
- Play the game and help the main characters, Kay Tò and Kay Bí get ready for the Kastifun
- learn Blaan words and their translations through this interactive Dictionary
Gnarè Blaan was developed by Smart Communications, Inc in partnership with DepEd Saragani, Provincial Government of Sarangani, Provincial Tribal Council of Sarangani, National Commission on Indigenous Peoples XII, University of Southeastern Philippines, ACLC College in General Santos, Skeptron Business Solutions, and Brigada Group of Companies. It is aligned with DepEd’s mother tongue-based multilingual education.