Satellite Director replaces all of that. See tips to success below !!!
WARNING: The only sensor you need is the compass. Unfortunatly you have to calibrate the compass before using it. Compare your phone's compass with a real compass !!
Metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! The compass of your phone can also get inaccurate because it is affected by other electro - magnetic fields or because it is weakened by age. Calibrating the compass may not help anymore.
PRECISION DEPENDS ON THE QUALITY OF YOUR PHONES HARDWARE.
Warning: If you use Cyanogenmod / Cymod then you may run into Android compatibility issues and the app may not work. You should then complain to Cyanogenmod / Cymod and not to me.
This app is add-free !
Help me to continue the work on this app and watch some of my videos on Youtube. The advertising in the videos provides some required money (houres of work, phones to test on, satellite equipment, etc.).
How does it work ?
Just enable the GPS in your phone or enter your GPS location, select the desired TV satellite and point your phone to the sky to target (find) the TV satellite. You have found the satellite when the white ball is in the white circle and the cyan ball is in the cyan circle. Align, in azimuth, the offset arm of the satellite dish to the cyan arrow on the phones display and the satellite dish is aligned in azimuth with the satellite.
Selectable audio tone, camera preview, continuous mode (no pause), color pickers or a user defined satellite position may make it easier for you to find the desired TV satellite. The satellite list contains 280 satellites.
Optional you can take a photo (resized)/screenshot by touching on the director tab. The photo/screenshot is ONLY stored on the phones memory card.
Optional: you can get an indication when you are to close to iron (dish/pole) in the form of an green/yellow/red bar.
Satellite positions are derived from Agi's database. Some positions may seem not accurate (example: Hispasat 30°w is at 29.96°w in the satellite list) but they are very accurate.
New phones with Android 4: in case of a wrong compass reading the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings !!!!
Previous versions are available from my website.
If you have any questions, requests or problems PLEASE write an email.
All language translations by Google Translator.
3 tips to success:
1- do NOT go to close to the iron dish, iron lnb arm or iron pole (keep at least 30 cm distance)
2- calibrate the compass of the phone by waving it in a figure 8 before you start
3- optional: calibrate the compass of the phone by rolling your phone along its length axis about 2-3 turns (works on some phones)
For people who are giving me one star "because this app use camera permission". This app need this permission, to work ARView. It is not taking any photos - only use camera preview to show you where the satellite is on the sky...
SatFinder (Satellite Finder) is a tool which will help you to set up satellite dish. It will give you azimuth, elevation and LNB tilt for your location (based on GPS) and chosen satellite from list. The result is shown both as numeric data and graphical on google maps. It has also built in compass which will help you to find proper satellite azimuth. It also can use augmented reality to show where is satellite on camera view.
The satellite list is complete and includes all televison satellites, so the app should work worldwide. If you found some errors please send me e-mail. It will help me make this app better ;)
Since version 1.07 there is whole world FTA and encrypted channels database. It take a few seconds to show whole list so be patient. It use internet connection. Top 10 countries got fixed language on nice list. The list will be updated. The users from another countries can type language manual. But the list uses language shortcuts, for example - English = eng, German = ger, etc... The channel list is still incomplete - I'm working on it. If you find error on list please send me e-mail...
It's easy to use: select one or a set of satellites from the list and direct your smartphone camera to see them in augmented reality. Satellite Pointer also displays valuable informations: current position, sea level, Azimuth and Elevation. Furthermore, this app offers great user experience alongside with beautiful design inspired from Google’s MATERIAL DESIGN.
This amazing satellite finder tool helps facilitating dish set up.
For example, if you are equipped with a Dreambox (ENIGMA II or higher), you can simply connect it to Satellite Pointer by filling in your IP address and your password. Then, you will just have to direct your dish toward the satellite (you will observe it in augmented reality) until you reach a good signal (which will be displayed on the app).
Satellite Pointer gives you access to a database containing the channels’ list and their frequency for each satellite.
DishPoint: Point your phone towards the sky to see on the live camera screen where the satellites are, any line of sight (LoS) issues and the look angles. Couldn't be easier to install your sat dish with this augmented reality satellite finder.
- Installation of a satellite dish to get the best signal quality, that requires expertise and experienced installation
- When making changes or installing a new satellite dish will need to hire a technician to install
satellite dishes every time
- Select satellite from list by name or position
- Select satellite dish to find the offset of each dish
- Measured perpendicular of the satellite dish
- Find satellite through the camera for obstructions between satellites to satellite dish, display Show the position of the satellite, display azimuth,elevation angle
- Find the elevation angle (EL) of the satellite dish. Hold mobile on a front of plate in the center of the satellite dish. Adjustment satellite elevation ‘s angle up or down to the correct angle
- Find the azimuth angle (AZ) of satellite dish. Hold mobile on back of plate to get away from the plate about 10-15 cm. rotating satellite dish to the left or right to the correct angle. User can see the arrow on the screen or listen to the audio.
- Find the polarization angle of the receiver (LNB). Hold mobile on LNB, rotating LNB up or down to the correct angle. User can see the arrow on the screen or listen to the audio.
Keywords: dishpointer,satfinder,dishalign,elevation,Dish,satellite dish,signal,azimuth,Pointer,Satellite
Calibration is now included for free! Ads will show up after some use in the free version. Get our paid version to have no ads.
✔ High resolution graphics
✔ Redesigned (modern) app navigation
✔ New theme with slim frame (previous still selectable)
✔ New Unit Mode 1V:H common in engineering
✔ Rooftop Mode now labelled :12
✔ Two optional features as in app purchases: Camera mode and Relative Angle
According to wikipedia: An inclinometer or clinometer is an instrument for measuring angles of slope (or tilt), elevation or inclination of an object with respect to gravity. It is also known as a tilt meter, tilt indicator, slope alert, slope gauge, gradient meter, gradiometer, level gauge, level meter, declinometer, and pitch & roll indicator. follow us on facebook,skype or twitter
SatFinder Android takes what was once a rather complex technical job requiring a knowledge of ZIP codes, city and state names, or geograhic positions, plus a hand bearing compass and an inclinometer, and collapses it into an easy-to-use Android application that locates itself, finds your satellite, and then tells you where it is by pointing to it.
The SatFinder Android Home Page is located at http://arachnoid.com/android/SatFinderAndroid
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
CAHORS, manufacturer of satellite reception equipment for 25 years, has developed the QuickSat application to help you to install and align your Mono-reception and Multi-reception satellite antenna and to allow the reception of satellite television channels
This application guides you step by step while putting at your disposal several helpful tools to assist you with the installation and alignment of your antenna. QuickSat will also calculate the necessary adjustments!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The installation and the alignment of your antenna in 5 simple steps:
STEP 1: Choice of the type of antenna
> Mono-satellite: reception of 1 satellite
> Multi-satellite: reception of several satellites with BigBisat antenna only
STEP 2: Choice of the satellite
QuickSat proposes to you the list of satellites received in your area, this list is automatically filtered according to your geographical position. The list of the satellites is maintained up to date by our engineering department.
STEP 3: Precautions of installation
QuickSat explains you where and how to position your satellite antenna and provides 2 essential tools:
> VisionSat: with its calculation of increased reality this tools enables you to visualize the position of the satellites to be received! In order to assure you that the place chosen for the installation of your antenna is optimal.
> Tool “mast control”: allows checking that the support of your satellite antenna is installed correctly.
STEP 4: Calculations/ Results
QuickSat provides personalized information concerning the adjustment of your antenna:
> Antenna mono-satellite: Information of adjustment of the antenna: Elevation, Azimuth, Cross-polarization
> Multi-satellite antenna: in addition to the parameters of alignment of the antenna, QuickSat calculates the adjustment of the tilt angle and the exact position of each LNB. To align a BigBisat antenna becomes very simple then!
STEP 5: Toolbox: Checking of the mast - Elevation – Azimuth
Find all the QuickSat tools : mast control, VisionSat, simulation rise, azimuth
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This application requires the use of advanced functions of the Smartphone with a minimal quality of display; its operation can be faded on old generation Smartphones. QuickSat is compatible with all mono-satellite antennas; for the CAHORS antennas, Quicksat proposes more tools with exclusiveness of the alignment software for the BigBisat multi-satellite antenna.
Current network status may be displaying in the customizable widget.
Tags: GSM, 3G, CDMA, EVDO, signal detection, cell tower location, cellular network, cell location, cell id, cell coverage statistics, cell coverage map, network widget
The Lite version is slimmed down version of the full SatFinder, which has additional functionality such as Target Satellite view and no ads.
SatFinder is a tool for finding TV satellites and aligning satellite dishes. Use your Augmented Reality Camera view to see and target satellites in the sky. It can be used anywhere in the world since all major TV satellites are in the database.
*New feature: Ability to manually enter Location latitude and longitude details in case Location cannot be automatically determined in case of "no connectivity"
SatFinder uses your phone sensors to detect your physical location and calculates azimuth and elevation needed for your satellite antenna to face. Since the satellite position calculation depends on the accuracy of your device sensors, your device should be calibrated by shaking and moving it in a figure 8 fashion, once SatFinder has been started. If you have any problems please email our support @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Augmented Reality View:
- Use your camera for Augmented Reality View which paints the satellite icons in places where they're positioned in the sky. It gives a realistic view to the sky and it helps to make sure there is a line of sight (LOS), i.e. no obstacles, such as tree branches or house tops, between the satellite dish and the satellite itself.
- Touch screen to take a screenshot of Augmented Reality view
- Pinch to zoom satellites in and out. Double tap to reset.
Target Satellite View (in full version only):
- Use Target Satellite View to find or to "lock onto" a particular satellite. Direction arrows simply guide you to the desired satellite position.
YOU WILL NEED SATELLITE RECEIVER WITH ENIGMA 1 OR ENIGMA 2 SOFTWARE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE.
SUPPORTS ALL currently existing Enigma1 and Enigma2 receivers and images, has same interface for both versions and works remotely (just forward web port and you can connect from anywhere). Additionally it allows you to ZAP channels, take screenshots and watch live TV streams directly on your device. SatFinder for Dreambox, VU+ and many others.
- make sure you have video player with RTSP stream support (VPlayer or Daroon player)
- user internal IP address (192.168...) instead of public IP/hostname to avoid problems with routing and port forwarding. Once you're sure it's working locally and you have UPLOAD speed of more than 5-6 MBit/s try to forward TCP ports 80, 8001 and 31339.
Tested and working on this receivers:
- Dreambox DM500
- Dreambox DM500HD
- Dreambox DM600
- Dreambox DM7000
- Dreambox DM7020
- Dreambox DM7025
- Dreambox DM800
- Dreambox DM800SE
- Dreambox DM8000
- VU+ Uno
- VU+ Duo
- AzBox Premium
- AzBox HD Elite
- AzBox Ultra HD
- Kathrein UFS 910
- IPBox 9000
- Amiko Alien
- Topfield TF 7700HD PVR
- Gigablue solo
- ClarkeTech ET9000
- ClarkeTech Xtrend ET5000
For informations and support visit
Use this app to point your Norsat or other satellite ground terminal, or just impress people with your keen knowledge of satellite locations. The app includes an up to date almanac of satellite information, including azimuth, elevation, frequency and more. Just tap the name of the satellite of interest to open the almanac and find all the relevant details. The almanac can be easily edited, so you can make changes whenever necessary.
To learn more about the Satellite Locator, or send us suggestions for this app please contact us at email@example.com.
If you cannot install the free version your phone does not have a compass, which is required for the director function.
This app is simular to the free Satellite Director but has Warning: metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
additional features, some may require the use of internet:
- enter street and city to get your location coordinates
- your location coordinates via network and/or GPS
- find the exact location with the help Google Maps
- see in satellite view above your location where to point the dish
- create your own satellite sat-lists with only those satellites in it that you want using the build-in satellite list
- reduce and sort the satellite list without restarting the app
- on-line help pages
- 'simple' mode without balancing the phone
- export/import the satellite lists to SD card (backup)
- overrule the build-in satellite list with your own list
- up to 6 satellites simultaniously displayed
- display for your location and all satellites the values for: azimuth, elevation and skew
- the current location via the network
- update the satellite list from a source (USSTRATCOM-AGI) or website (sats.csv, Enigma satellite.xml, Satellite Calculations)
Finding a TV satellite, in azimuth, can be pretty difficult. Before you can find it with a compass you have to do some
calculations using GPS location, magnetic variation, compass azimuth and satellite azimuth.
Satellite Director replaces all of that.
Just enable the GPS in your phone or enter your GPS location or use the map to find your location,
select the desired TV satellite and point your phone to the sky to target (find) the TV satellite.
Balance your phone. You have found the satellite when the white ball is in the white circle
and the cyan ball is in the cyan circle. Align the offset arm, in azimuth, of the satellite dish to the cyan arrow on
the phones display and the satellite dish is aligned in azimuth with the satellite.
Selectable audio tone, camera preview, continuous mode (no pause), color pickers or a user defined satellite position may make it easier for you to find the desired TV satellite.
The satellite list contains 280 satellites.
Warning: metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
*** 14 day money back guarantee, hassle-free ***
+ SCREEN Capture: show your customers no line of sight issues, save it to the sd card or email it to back office.
+ Works with all geostationary satellites
+ Works everywhere around the world
+ No Internet access needed to operate it (occasionally it is required)
+ Add, edit and delete satellites
+ Select favorite satellites
+ Azimuth, elevation and skew results
As reviewed and mentioned by
***** Wall Street Journal
***** TELE-Satellite Award Winner
***** Engadget and many many more
As one pro puts it: "DishPointer pro is invaluable, gets the job done in half the time".
- Maps are now bigger.
- Looks better on more devices!
- Improved response rate for reverse geocoding (technical language for "address finding"). Thanks to Cameron Hall of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and Basile Laderchi, Athens, Greece for some great user feedback and suggestions.
The Sat Aligner App guides you automatically through every single step and tells you what to do.
First of all, select the satellite (e.g. Astra 19.2°) to which you would like to adjust the sat dish.
In the second step, you have a choice between the normal oval form or the ever more common flat antennas.
If you decide on the oval offset dish, you just need to input the offset angle or the length and width of the dish. Now the app has all the data to adjust your sat system correctly. All the necessary angles can now be calculated automatically.
In the next-to-last step, the horizontal adjustment of the satellite dish is set with the help of the built-in compass.
In the last step, the vertical angle of the sat antenna is quickly adjusted with the built-in clinometer and you’re already done!
Use the Chromecast app to:
• Set up your Chromecast and connect it to your Wi-Fi network
• Set up backdrop and personalize your TV screen with art, personal photos, news and more.
• Manage your Chromecast settings (such as changing your device name, Wi-Fi password, etc.)
With Car Speed Watcher you can define a speed limit alert.
Car Speed Watcher warns you before you exceed your defined speed limit and alerts you when you run over the speed limit.
You can switch between Imperial and Metric modes by clicking the menu button.
Drive slowly and don't forget your safety belt ;)
Keywords : Cars, Speed, Monitor, Watcher, GPS
- Latitude, Longitude, Speed, Accuracy and bearing.
- A photo attached to your note.
You can also switch between imperial and metric measurment systems, and export your notes in Google Earth's KML file.
Please feel free to post your comments or suggestions to improve this product.
Keywords : Gps, Free, Notes, Geotagging, Hiking
* Constater la météo en temps réel de votre position géographique ou que vous soyez en Algérie.
* Voir les prévisions des 4 jours avenir de votre position géographique en Algérie.
* Consulter la météo de plus de 30 villes Algériennes en temps réel en la prévision des 4 jours avenirs.
* Consulter les images satellite animées en temps réel.
* Connaitre l'ephemeride du jour, les horaires des prières, et la direction du Qibla selon votre position géographique en Algérie.
* Constater la météo en temps réel de votre position géographique ou que vous soyez en Tunisie.
* Voir les prévisions des 4 jours avenir de votre position géographique.
* Consulter la météo de plus de 40 villes Tunisiennes en temps réel en la prévision des 4 jours avenirs.
* Consulter les images satellite animées en temps réel.
* Connaitre l'ephemeride du jour, les horaires des prières, et la direction du Qibla selon votre position géographique.
Que vous soyez bélier ou gémeaux, vierge ou sagittaire, Horoscope du jour pour Android vous donnera un aperçu sur votre état de cœur, d'argent, de santé et de travail.
Avec Horoscope du jour, ayez les étoiles dans votre camp.