Join and play educational games and activities in class! Students work together and compete against classmates in Monster Quiz, contribute to class discussions with Shout It Out, complete formative assessments with SMART response 2, and practice key concepts with a variety of other SMART lab activities.
The free SMART lab app helps students connect to activities faster. Like classlab.com, students join by typing in the teacher’s activity code or selecting from a list of previously played activity codes. Save valuable class time getting all students ready to participate with a quick one-touch access to join.
What is SMART lab?
SMART lab empowers teachers to quickly create a variety of engaging games and activities using content customized to their students’ learning objectives. Activities can be played on a SMART Board at the front of the class, or they can be completed by students at their own pace on their personal devices with the SMART lab app. Not only are students having fun, teachers can also formatively assess and collect data on student performance to gain valuable insight on how best to tailor instruction to meet student needs.
How It Works
1. The teacher creates quick engaging activities using SMART lab in SMART Notebook. Learn about how to create activities here: https://education.smarttech.com/en/products/smart-learning-suite/smart-lab
2. A unique activity code is shared with students to connect and participate in collaborative activities or to play activities as individual practice.
3. Students join on their own devices using the SMART lab app to play the current activity started by the teacher.
4. As the teacher starts new activities, students follow along and automatically start to play the new activity.
- Play SMART lab activities like sorting, matching, and ranking
- Contribute text and images to class discussions
- Engage with fun and collaborative quiz-based games
- Multiple choice, short answer, and multi-answer questions
- Personalized reporting for students