Therefore I made another small app, called Vibration Notifier which does the following:
When you have a missed call, unread SMS or any other event*, the app keeps vibrating every X minutes for Y times or until you turn on the display of your device.
If you think the app doesn't work on your device: That's very, very unlikly. Please click on the question mark icon in the app to see common issues and how they can be resolved. DO NOT GIVE BAD REVIEWS IF DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE APP DOES!!
Please note that the app does not change the vibration setting of the other apps, it will only do additional vibrations/beeps if you don't turn on your display before!
* all apps which notify you about new events by showing a notification in the Android status bar are supported, like WhatsApp, GoogleTalk, Twitter, facebook,...
To be noticed about events from other apps, you need to add the app in the accessibility settings. I can understand that some people are scared by the "the app can read all your personal information" warning, but I guarantee that the app does not read any personal data. The app doesn't have the internet-permission - so even if it would collect your personal information (which it doesnt) it wouldnt be able to send them to anyone.
Silent hours: Please note that when you set up a silent hours interval in the app, only Vibration Notifier itself won't vibrate or beep. It does not mute other apps so if you receive a new mail, your GMail app might still beep!
Having the "TalkBack" bug? Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28842919&postcount=776
VIBRATE - obviously necessary to enable the "vibrate every X min" feature
READ_PHONE_STATE - needed to detect missed calls
RECEIVE_SMS & READ_SMS - needed to detect unread SMS
WAKE_LOCK - seems like this is needed on some device to avoid infinite vibrating
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS - needed to differentiate between missed & rejected calls
READ_CONTENT_PROVIDER & GET_ACCOUNTS - necessary for new method to get unread GMails
This app uses the phone sensors to measure vibration or the earthquake, and it shows a reference as a seism detector.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI), and just for reference. If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that the maximum value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu with saving chart
- CSV file exporting
- Screen capture
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Sound Meter Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** This app is approved as an education app.
Please email me if you find a bug or want to make me any other comment or feature request.
If you like Vibration Widget, please consider installing my other app, Profile Widget, which can do the same as Vibration Widget and a lot more (control vibration, volume, connectivity, screen settings, ...) in a single widget.
Profile Widget Lite: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cygnus.profilewidgetlite
Profile Widget Full: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cygnus.profilewidget
You have to add the widget to one of your home screens to use it. Just long press on an empty space of your home screen or press the Menu Key and select Add -> Widgets to show a widgets list in which you can choose Vibration Widget.
This tool is powerful vibration meter tool.
It has the following features:
- shows vibrations in real time
- saves vibration data into SD card
- provides configurable sound alarm that may be used to:
- detect the earthquakes when you sleep
- detect if somebody opens the door when you sleep
It is recommended to use the battery charger when it works for a long time.
If you want to recommend the alarm feature that may recognize earthquake
We will also use this facebook page to keep you informed about the work progress and current activities and plans for the future.
This application comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
There is a problem that occurs on some devices. Some devices may not provide the data when from the vibration sensor when the screen is off. This is an Android error.
We are trying to find a good workaround.
Send us the information if the application does not work, please
Very deep technical information http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708
ONLY FOR NEXUS 4 AND 5
PLEASE DO NOT RATE POORLY, READ FULL DESCRIPTION.
This app allows you to tune the vibration of your device at your own taste. As many of you have noticed, devices like Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus have a very quiet and discrete vibration, this app will allow you to turn it up a noch and personalize the feedback your device gives you.
Not every device is supported, the APP itself will detect and let you know if you can tune the vibration or not.
THIS APP REQUIRES:
Android 4.0.0 or newer
Root access -if not, the app can not change the default vibration-
A compatible device
(Mostly Nexus 4 and 5 devices, other may or may not let you set the vibration intensity, since this APP is developed to work with the vibration units that LG are using right now, if your phone DOES NOT HAVE ONE OF THOSE, will NOT work)
This app stopped working on 4.1 because Google has changed the access control. The last method to fix it is manually granting the access in developer mode.
You can try it if you can understand the steps below:
1. On your phone go to settings->developer options->toggle on USB debugging. If you cannot even find the developer options in settings menu, you should go to settings->about phone->scroll to the last item "build number" and click on it for more than 10 times and then the hidden item of developer options will be shown.
2. Install the driver of your Android phone, and go to http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r22.2.1-windows.zip to download the Android SDK tools, and extract it on your PC
3. Connect your phone with your PC with USB cable, you might see a dialog asking for confirmation to enable debugging this phone with the PC, select YES
4. On your PC, open a terminal command line shell, like cmd or powershell, execute "adb devices" you can see the connected device listed there.
5. If all of above are OK, just execute the command line below:
adb shell "pm grant com.robin.huangwei.vibrate250 android.permission.READ_LOGS"
Thanks for Danil Safonov who has post his experience when making this app work on Nexus5. He has posted the whole procedure with screen shots, please refer to the following link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51657976&postcount=12
We all know that cell phone radiation is very strong when ringing, Vibrate Call makes your phone vibrate when an out-going call is answered or hung up, so you don't need to listen to it before the call get answered. Less radiation, more healthy. And you can set how long it vibrates. This application is tiny, saving your resource and battery!
We promise that this application will never steal your personal information. The network access is only for the advertisment. You can buy an AD-FREE version of this software(Vibrate Call Pro), which does not access to the Internet, more safety, more battery-saving!
shows reference to earthquake vibrations as classified by Mercalli intensity scale.
Vibrations are shown in all directions: X, Y, Z in different colors.
Place your device on stable surface and measure vibrations.
Mercalli intensity scale
I. Instrumental - Not felt. Recorded by seismographs.
II. Weak - Rarely felt, usually only on top floors of high buildings.
III. Slight - Felt indoors, like a passing light truck.
IV. Moderate - Windows, dishes, doors rattle. Like passing train.
V. Rather Strong - Felt by all. Small objects upset.
VI. Strong - Books off shelves. Trees shake. Isolated damage.
VII. Very Strong - Difficult to stand. Many poor buildings damaged.
VIII. Destructive - Significant damage. Branches broken from trees.
IX. Violent - General panic. Serious damage. Ground cracking.
X. Intense - Most buildings destroyed. Rails bent slightly.
XI. Extreme - Rails bent greatly. Pipelines destroyed.
XII. Catastrophic - Near total damage. Objects thrown into the air.
Vibrations visualizes current accelerometer sensor data, performs a Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) and displays the results in an histogram. The dominant frequency (peak of the histogram) is highlighted. In the settings the accuracy of the fft can be adjusted in a range from 0.0625 Hz - 1.0 Hz. Results are shown in a separate tab for each axis.
Warning: High accuracy of the fft causes heavy load on the cpu. It may disturb the results!
Know who is calling or texting you, just feeling it !
When you receive a phone call or a text message (SMS or MMS) Contact Vibrate will respond vibrating differently for every contact you have defined. If this particular number or contact has no vibration set a master vibration will be called by default. Simple and easy to use.
You can create your own vibration patterns touching the screen using our wizard, or define custom morse messages at different speeds at your will, explore the options !
If you find difficult or boring creating vibrations, don't worry, we set a bunch of'em for you.
Still using old boring ringtones ? Go on, try Contact Vibrate, perfect for being discrete in a meeting, subway, family reunion... and still know who is trying to reach you.
Contact Vibrate is available in: English, Spanish and French and will be soon available in more languages.
'Ringer mode locker'.its has always ringer and always silent mode and widget.
This application is an operation prevention application program of the volume button.
Never silent is checked:set vibrate or ringer.
Never ring is checked:set vibrate or silent.
both checked:only vibrate mode
1) How to solve Text-To-Speech problem. (Voice issue)
(1) In app, Click FAQ in menu button or screen of Notification App
(2) Disable all of TTS-related app on the below in FAQ screen.
2) If it doesn't work sometimes, Try to turn the power off and then on.
3) Setup info for GoSMS, HandcentSMS, third party SMS apps
- Add to Notification App, because they prevent original SMS message event.
- GoSMS → Settings → Advanced Tab → Receive Settings → uncheck "Disable other message notification"
# Vibrate then Ring with Flash by Shake
# Notification Flash & Screen Flash
- Flash when a new notification arrives in selected app
(Whatsapp, Email, Twitter, Alarm/Clock, Messenger, any other app)
* For Android 4.3 or above : [Notification] service. (Free TTS problems,For more precise work)
* For Android 4.2 or below : [Accessibility] service
* Feature phones as the primary function, but Android does not support basic Vibrate then ring camera flash functions can be used simultaneously. and there is supported to answer in call by shaking
# Vibrate then Ring
1) When a call arrives, it will start to vibrate mode.
2) a certain amount of time after the ring tone progressively larger rings.
3) or to set the loudness rings.
# Incoming Call Flash
1) When a call arrives, the flash blinks
2) Set the starting time of the flash
3) Set the number of flash flashing
# SMS Flash
# Missed Call / Unread SMS Flash / Repeat Notification
1) Flash is repeated at specific intervals
# Answer Call by Shake
1) when the phone rang , You can answer the phone by Shaking
2) set the sensitivity of shaking
## Please refer ##
1) Some devices may not work.
2) If it doesn't work, reboot your phone
* now no longer should be ringing ringing phone to be embarrassed or not due to the App if you wanted to dramatically reduce
# TAG Vibration / vibration after / ring / flash / LED / FLASH / light / LIGHT / vibrator / vib / blink / vibration Bell / Bell / ringtones / flash LED / camera / camera / light / shiny / ring / RING / ring after vibration / notification / noti / alert / notify / twitter / facebook / messenger / kakao / clock / Whatsapp /
deaf / hearing / impairment
-Use the manual mode to make the phone vibrate while pressing a button
-Use the auto mode to turn your phone into an automatic vibration device! Set up your own custom vibration patterns and run them either once or infinitely!
Enjoy. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @anthq!
More from developer
This app will help you know if the card is defective or not, as sometimes bad SD cards are unmounted/mounted in the background and you are unaware of it, which is causing the "Media" process to scan the card every time the card is mounted, hence consuming the battery significantly.
If by any chance you saw this notification: "sd card removed unexpectedly", I recommend to install this app and monitor how many times it has been mounted/remounted in the background.
Also if you noticed the "Media" process is eating your battery, give it a try too.
Please note that everytime the you restart yout phone, you will see 1 unmount and 1 eject in the counts and in the logs, so this is a normal Android behavior and NOT a bad SD card.
OID1 will be graphed in green (download) and OID2 will be graphed in blue.
For this app to work, you need:
1. The router must support SNMP v2 and SNMP is running.
2. The router IP address, like 192.168.1.1
3. The OIDs of the interface you want to monitor in the router.
4. The Get community password of the router, usually “public”.
To get the OIDs of your router, you can use this app to scan all interfaces and their OID:
(Please check attached screenshot).
I use this app to monitor the PPP interface (the internet) of my LinkSys ADSL router to get a real feeling of how the internet is utilized in my LAN.