Vibration Notifier offers a solution to this scenario: When you have a missed call, unread SMS or any other event*, the app keeps vibrating every X minutes for Y times or until you turn on the display of your device.
Troubleshooting: The app won't beep if your device is set to silent mode etc. Please note that the app does not change the vibration setting of the other apps, it will only do additional vibrations/beeps if you don't turn on your display before!
An optional feature is available as an in-app purchase (0.99 EUR) with which you'll get these repeating vibrations on your Android Wear smartwatch!
* all apps which notify you about new events by showing a notification in the Android status bar are supported, like WhatsApp, GoogleTalk, Twitter, facebook, etc. Note that this require access to your notification bar
Silent hours: Please note that when you set up a silent hours interval in the app, only Vibration Notifier itself won't vibrate or beep. It does not mute other apps so if you receive a new mail, your Gmail app might still beep!
VIBRATE - obviously necessary to enable the "vibrate every X min" feature
READ_PHONE_STATE - needed to detect missed calls & Android Wear
RECEIVE_SMS & READ_SMS - needed to detect unread SMS
WAKE_LOCK - seems like this is needed on some device to avoid infinite vibrating
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS - needed to differentiate between missed & rejected calls
READ_CONTENT_PROVIDER & GET_ACCOUNTS - necessary for new method to get unread Gmails
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Android Wear communication
This app uses the phone sensors to measure vibration or the earthquake, and it shows a reference as a seism detector.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI), and just for reference. If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that the maximum value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu with saving chart
- CSV file exporting
- Screen capture
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Sound Meter Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** This app is approved as an education app.
ONLY FOR NEXUS 4 AND 5
PLEASE DO NOT RATE POORLY, READ FULL DESCRIPTION.
This app allows you to tune the vibration of your device at your own taste. As many of you have noticed, devices like Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus have a very quiet and discrete vibration, this app will allow you to turn it up a noch and personalize the feedback your device gives you.
Not every device is supported, the APP itself will detect and let you know if you can tune the vibration or not.
THIS APP REQUIRES:
Android 4.0.0 or newer
Root access -if not, the app can not change the default vibration-
A compatible device
(Mostly Nexus 4 and 5 devices, other may or may not let you set the vibration intensity, since this APP is developed to work with the vibration units that LG are using right now, if your phone DOES NOT HAVE ONE OF THOSE, will NOT work)
Please email me if you find a bug or want to make me any other comment or feature request.
If you like Vibration Widget, please consider installing my other app, Profile Widget, which can do the same as Vibration Widget and a lot more (control vibration, volume, connectivity, screen settings, ...) in a single widget.
Profile Widget Lite: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cygnus.profilewidgetlite
Profile Widget Full: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cygnus.profilewidget
You have to add the widget to one of your home screens to use it. Just long press on an empty space of your home screen or press the Menu Key and select Add -> Widgets to show a widgets list in which you can choose Vibration Widget.
shows reference to earthquake vibrations as classified by Mercalli intensity scale.
Vibrations are shown in all directions: X, Y, Z in different colors.
Place your device on stable surface and measure vibrations.
Mercalli intensity scale
I. Instrumental - Not felt. Recorded by seismographs.
II. Weak - Rarely felt, usually only on top floors of high buildings.
III. Slight - Felt indoors, like a passing light truck.
IV. Moderate - Windows, dishes, doors rattle. Like passing train.
V. Rather Strong - Felt by all. Small objects upset.
VI. Strong - Books off shelves. Trees shake. Isolated damage.
VII. Very Strong - Difficult to stand. Many poor buildings damaged.
VIII. Destructive - Significant damage. Branches broken from trees.
IX. Violent - General panic. Serious damage. Ground cracking.
X. Intense - Most buildings destroyed. Rails bent slightly.
XI. Extreme - Rails bent greatly. Pipelines destroyed.
XII. Catastrophic - Near total damage. Objects thrown into the air.
'Ringer mode locker'.its has always ringer and always silent mode and widget.
This application is an operation prevention application program of the volume button.
Never silent is checked:set vibrate or ringer.
Never ring is checked:set vibrate or silent.
both checked:only vibrate mode
Call Vibrator is a tool for alerting you when phone call is answered, disconnected.
* Vibrate when outgoing call is answered.
* Vibrate when incoming call is connected.
* Vibrate when phone call is disconnected.
* Vibrate when call waiting.
* Vibrate when phone call elapsed certain time.
* PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: To detect outgoing call is initiated.
* READ_PHONE_STATE: To detected phone state (idle, ringing, offhook).
* READ_LOGS: To analysis when outgoing call is answered.
* VIBRATE: Use vibrator to alert user.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Write logs to sdcard.
* WAKE_LOCK: Keep device awake during phone call.
* ACCESS_SUPERUSER: For devices running Jelly Bean or above, **ROOT** is require to grant READ_LOGS permission to application.
* INTERNET: For Admob SDK.
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: For Admob SDK.
* Call Vibrator requires the radio log of phone to detect when outgoing call is answered. But since Android JellyBean(4.1), the permission for radio log is not granted to non-system app by default.
** If your device is rooted, Call Vibrator will prompt a dialog to let user grant the permission to itself.
** If your device is not rooted, follow the guide in http://goo.gl/mOY9NT to grant read log permission to Call Vibrator manually.
Outgoing call vibration requires reading the telephone LOG information
during your phone call. When you are making a phone call, it is looking for some specific
pattern of the LOG messages to decide whether the call is answered by peer.
There are so many Android powered phones in the world, most of them follow the same LOG pattern
as Google Nexus Phones. However, some of them don't. The developer only has Google Nexus S for
development and testing, it is impossible for him to know all the patterns of the telephone LOG.
But you can help to collect these information and send it to the developer so there might be a
chance to make this application work on your phone.
If this feature is not work on your devices, PLS use the DIAGNOSE FEATURE to send diagnose report to developer instead of REPORT BUG AS REVIEW
If you like my work, please consider purchasing the donate version! http://goo.gl/XOdmW2
-Use the manual mode to make the phone vibrate while pressing a button
-Use the auto mode to turn your phone into an automatic vibration device! Set up your own custom vibration patterns and run them either once or infinitely!
Enjoy. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @anthq!
This tool is powerful vibration meter tool.
It has the following features:
- shows vibrations in real time
- saves vibration data into SD card
- provides configurable sound alarm that may be used to:
- detect the earthquakes when you sleep
- detect if somebody opens the door when you sleep
It is recommended to use the battery charger when it works for a long time.
If you want to recommend the alarm feature that may recognize earthquake
We will also use this facebook page to keep you informed about the work progress and current activities and plans for the future.
This application comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
There is a problem that occurs on some devices. Some devices may not provide the data when from the vibration sensor when the screen is off. This is an Android error.
We are trying to find a good workaround.
Send us the information if the application does not work, please
Very deep technical information http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708
Vibrations visualizes current accelerometer sensor data, performs a Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) and displays the results in an histogram. The dominant frequency (peak of the histogram) is highlighted. In the settings the accuracy of the fft can be adjusted in a range from 0.0625 Hz - 1.0 Hz. Results are shown in a separate tab for each axis.
Warning: High accuracy of the fft causes heavy load on the cpu. It may disturb the results!
Know who is calling or texting you, just feeling it !
When you receive a phone call or a text message (SMS or MMS) Contact Vibrate will respond vibrating differently for every contact you have defined. If this particular number or contact has no vibration set a master vibration will be called by default. Simple and easy to use.
You can create your own vibration patterns touching the screen using our wizard, or define custom morse messages at different speeds at your will, explore the options !
If you find difficult or boring creating vibrations, don't worry, we set a bunch of'em for you.
Still using old boring ringtones ? Go on, try Contact Vibrate, perfect for being discrete in a meeting, subway, family reunion... and still know who is trying to reach you.
Contact Vibrate is available in: English, Spanish and French and will be soon available in more languages.
You have to grant the necessary PERMISSIONS for this application!
If you are running this app on Android 4.1 and above, you need to manually grant to permission for this app to work, because Google has changed the access control policy. You can try it if you can understand the steps below:
1. On your phone go to settings→developer options, toggle on USB debugging. If you cannot even find the developer options in settings menu, you should go to settings→about phone, scroll to the last item named like "build number" and click on it for more than 10 times and then the hidden item of developer options will be shown.
2. Get the ADB tool for your phone, you can download the standalone version from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/adbstandalone/ , and Install the driver of your Android phone. You can also go to official android site http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#Other (donwload SDK tools only) to download the Android SDK tools for your PC, and extract it on your PC.
3. Connect your phone with your PC with USB cable, you might see a dialog asking for confirmation to enable debugging this phone with the PC, select YES.
4. On your PC, open a terminal command line shell, like cmd or powershell, execute "adb devices"↵ you can see the connected device listed there.
5. If all of above are OK, just execute the command line below:
adb shell "pm grant com.robin.huangwei.vibrate500 android.permission.READ_LOGS"↵
6. Kill this application process(click the 'Recent App' button and remove it from the list) and restart it. Or simply reboot your phone, you should get the correct permission then.
- Keep vibration mode when ringer is changed
- Toggle widget of silent mode (1x1)
- Stop timer of vibration
- Mute volume (media / alarm / system)
- If you install the application of task management, exclude not to disable this application.
- When the option "Keep vibration" is checked, you cannot switch to normal ringer mode except the widget of this application.
This app will help you know if the card is defective or not, as sometimes bad SD cards are unmounted/mounted in the background and you are unaware of it, which is causing the "Media" process to scan the card every time the card is mounted, hence consuming the battery significantly.
If by any chance you saw this notification: "sd card removed unexpectedly", I recommend to install this app and monitor how many times it has been mounted/remounted in the background.
Also if you noticed the "Media" process is eating your battery, give it a try too.
Please note that everytime the you restart yout phone, you will see 1 unmount and 1 eject in the counts and in the logs, so this is a normal Android behavior and NOT a bad SD card.
OID1 will be graphed in green (download) and OID2 will be graphed in blue.
For this app to work, you need:
1. The router must support SNMP v2 and SNMP is enabled.
2. The router IP address, like 192.168.1.1
3. The Get community password of the router, usually “public”.
To start monitor an interface in the router, go to settings, and enter the Host, Port and the Community.
Then click on the menu and choose 'Scan Router's Interfaces' to scan all the available interfaces in the router and then select one.
I use this app to monitor the PPP interface (the internet) of my LinkSys ADSL router to get a real feeling of how the internet is utilized in my LAN.