NotNav is an orientation aid for the blind and visually impaired. NotNav was developed by the blind, for the blind.
For GPS navigation with turn-by-turn directions, see the related NowNav Accessibility app
in the Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smithson.nownav
NotNav continuously announces:
+ Your compass heading
+ The nearest street address
+ Any nearby cross streets or POI
+ Any nearby user defined waypoints.
NotNav uses Android's built in Text To Speech service. NotNav is
optimised for walking.
* it's simple to use.
* Works when the phone screen is off and tucked away out of sight in a
* Uses Google's online services. NotNav is ready to go as soon as
its installed - no need to download map data files.
* Uses the same high quality navigation data as Google Maps
* Addresses and Places/POI data available globally, anywhere
Android can get on line
* Only announces eight compass points (North, North East, East etc).
* Has intelligible speech and does not continuously interrupt itself with updates.
* Announces cross streets and POI.
* Allows multiple waypoints to be saved. These may be named, deleted
or made active.
*Nearby active waypoints automatically run or pause NotNav. This may
be used to hands free start NotNav when leaving home, and then
pausing it when arriving at work, for example.
Full usage instructions are at http://www.lsmithso.a2hosted.com/notnav.html
Like all such apps, NotNav depends on the quality of the GPS fix, connectivity and Google's data. Any information presented by NotNav may only be approximate. Use NotNav to augment your local knowledge, clues from the environment and your orientation expertise.
By using NotNav you are bound by Google’sTerms Of Service