Receiving the GPS signal the SkiApp captures your movements and analyzes them offline using the computational power of your smartphone. This way your skiing stage is separated into tracks of following types: Downhill, lift, walk and hold.
These tracks are used to maintain detailed statistics for each stage. Particularly the statistics contain following elements:
1. Downhill, lift and walk distance,
2. Summed height for downhill and lift tracks,
3. Average speed,
4. Maximal speed,
5. and many, many more!
Moreover there is detailed information available about each track. It even allows you to graphically display and analyze each track in deep directly on the smartphone.
In comparison to other Ski-Tracker apps the SkiApp offers much more:
1. For the computation of the velocity and distance it also considers the vertical movement. Other Apps do only provide the velocity and distance in the horizontal plane. They become inaccurate in a steep slope. This is why velocty and distance values of the SkiApp are a bit higher than of other Apps.
2. SkiApp is the one and only app capable of separating your skiing day into informative tracks like downhill or lift. Lift tracks are recognized properly for ascent and descent rides as well. Other Apps handle the complete skiing day as one single track deriving their poor statistics simply on the base of the ascent and descent height.
3. The SkiApp works very sparing. The analysis is specially optimized utilizing the CPU and memory as low as possible.
4. SkiApp protects your privacy! The complete analysis of movements is performed completely on the smartphone. There is no registration required and the captured information is not send over the internet at all! In contrast other Apps often acquire to many unnecessary access rights during installation to collect information about you for purposes not known to you. The SkiApp uses the Internet connection only to download the map.
5. SkiApp is able to announce the current speed using voice capabilities of the smartphone. The announcement occurs in short intervals during a downhill run. When you are riding a lift, walking around or waiting there is no announcement to avoid worrying anybody. The voice announcement keeps you well informed about your performance even during a downhill run. There is no other App with similar Feature!
6. The PRO version of the SkiApp allows you to export the recorded data in Google's KMZ file format to the USB storage of your smartphone. The KMZ file may be used with Google Earth and Google Maps. Google Earth displays single tracks or complete stages in 3D allowing detailed analysis of your performance at your PC.
Because of the continuous usage of the GPS signal the SkiApp increases the power consumption of your smartphone to around 6 to 10 percent per hour. If there are other active GPS Apps on your smartphone the additional power consumption for the SkiApp is around 1 Percent per hour only. To reduce the battery load it is recommended to disable the GPS functionality during the lunch break.
Have a lot of fun with the SkiApp! Please support the development by getting the SkiApp PRO!
Please do not forget to rate this app!
This app is developed for smartphones and tablets so you always have the best view for your device.
The “Learn How To Snowboard” app is financed by advertisements. If these ads bother you, there is the possibility to remove the ads by getting pro via in app purchase.
The best about getting Pro is that you are able to download videos and watch them offline!
Have fun snowboarding and learning new tricks!
All videos are at the youtube channel of http://www.snowboardprocamp.com. To play the Videos the official youtube app (min version 4.2.16) has to be installed on the device. After donating you may have to start the app again to remove the ads.
Snowboarding News is an app that delivers all the latest snowboarding news, photos, and videos for those times when you're not out on the slopes. Whether you're a pro, or just love watching, this app will surely keep in entertained with its 25 areas of content to explore.
It's the next best thing until the next big dump.
- Latest and Popular videos feeds
- Share your favourites on Facebook or Twitter (coming soon to Android)
This app is an essential pocket guide to boost the quality of your classes; your clients will be delighted with all the exercises you can come up with during class. Our Free version includes 5 exercises per category; full access is available as in-app purchase on a yearly subscription.
** Easy searching on Tags
Find exactly the right exercise within each category for your clients. All exercises are categorized under a methodical build up and based on tags like material, turn type, target or goal.
** Brought to you by the Pros
All the performers are "Staatlicher educated" (the Austrian Highest education) to show you exactly what you need to know. Each exercise is also rated by difficulty level, telling you whether the exercise is easy / hard to perform with your clients.
** 1 photo, 3 lines of text.
That's all you need to understand each exercise. Use it for a quick check during the lift.
** New updates
We will add new exercises each year.
Do you have a great exercise we’ve missed? Now you can add your own, just by uploading a picture and description from your device.
** Currently supported
Ski Basics up to Parallel & Snowboard Basics up to Carving
Our in-app purchase policy:
- This app offers an in-app purchase with a subscription period of 1 year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account on confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription will automatically renew each year, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription
- Subscriptions are managed by the user; auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the User Account settings at any time after purchase
- Cancellation of the current subscription is not allowed during the active subscription period
Register at our website to be notified for future updates; http://www.snowinstructors.eu
At Household Hacker our purpose is to influence the human mind to seek out things that may have a practical value to mankind and society in general. Whether for fun or practicality; we want you to think about everything you read, hear and even see with your own eyes. You must challenge, test and innovate in every way you can think of. Our philosophy has and is to push people into a mindset outside the norm, not outside the box as is so commonly used, we believe there is no box at all.
This application will give you the latest videos, and news from Household Hacker. News from facebook and twitter. Videos from youtube.
This app is in BETA, please give feedback.
This is the right tool for you.
It is more accurate than a simple size chart. Simply select you specs and click CALCULATE. Of course you can use any size you want, this is merely a recommendation.
This is the not the full version of the application and will not include all features. To get all features upgrade to full version. For a add free version upgrade to full version
This application is in BETA version. Please give feedback.
<> 1.0.4 Minor Bug Fix
<> 1.0.5 Better support
for large screens
<> 1.0.6 Added support for Ice cream sandwich
<> 1.0.7 Fixe bug at boot