- transcription and pronunciation of words
- system of repetitions (menu "Repetitions of words")
- download dictionaries from site, copy on sd-card and open for study (see menu "Open dictionary")
- moving of words like slide-show (see menu Automoving);
- opportunity to exclude a word from process of studing (click "more.." in title and button "no study")
- cleaning statistics for all records of dictionary (see menu "Clean statistics")
- check/uncheck any exercises, change the amount words of block, change the font-size for any field (menu "Settings")
- create own dictionary (menu "Editor of words")
Don't know where to start? Word Learn Dictionary has 12 downloadable quizzes featuring the most common SAT words (2400 words in total)! Test yourself anytime, or remind yourself through the LockScreen feature.
Bored? Shake your phone after starting up the app, and we'll search a random word for you!
* Comes preloaded with 320,000 definitions from Websters and WordNet, all managed within the application!
* No need to download attachments -- and better yet, there is Wikipedia queries for similar words.
* Save around 3x the memory when compared to most dictionary apps with extensions for Wordnet + Websters! (i.e. "Offline dictionaries")
* Near-instant offline searches on both Wordnet and Webster sources. (Some definitions may take slightly longer to render custom views)
* Professional looking dictionary interface that is easy on the eyes
* Ability to share and copy any and all parts of definitions
* Quiz section for extra fun and learning
* Lockscreen Quiz feature
* Coin Shop with personal rankings and purchasable Themes
* Synonyms and examples on WordNet results
* Downloadable quizzes
* Save even more memory when you move the app into your SD-card
* No banner ads!
- Auto Word Suggestions
- Save and managed word history
- Ability to build your own quizzes
- Shake to search a random word (close definition to try again)
- Random word search button
- Voice recognition
- Quiz upon phone unlock
- In-depth Wikipedia fragment view upon click
- Click-able search history
- Copy definitions with a click
- Coin reward system
- Customizable Themes (Coin Shop)
- Favorite words
- Backwards compatible -- all features identical to 2.2 and above!
The most simple, yet effective dictionary yet!
This app avoids memory waste by implementing a custom in-app memory storage, versus storing 1 directory for each dictionary in your SD-card then initializing it within a database
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a powerful dictionary and increase your vocab today! :)
Suggestion: Keep WiFi on when downloading app and first initializing app.
- Create and edit sections (groups) to storage cards
- Import words from Excel tables (2000\2003\XP versions).
- Supporting of user profiles - creating\editing user profiles
- View statistics of learning process for each user
- Language: English
Voice Vocabulary is the easiest way to learn words. The App replaces in a modern way the old school record card.
Voice Vocabulary combines the benefits of the normal learning and other word-apps: The App can ask you like a person and you can answer in a normal language. Simply create your own word lists and prepare yourself for your next exam. This way you can have fun and learning new languages becomes easy.
You can share your word lists easily with your friends or you can download lists from others via the internet.
This way you can also add new word lists: You simply read the words and your Smarphone add's them combined with the translation.
The App is the optimal companion for learning spontaneously, for example, on public transports or anywhere.
Share your achievements on Facebook and show your friends and parents who is going to get exceptional on their next exam.
- 100% free
- The first learn-App you can operate via voice or keyboard
- Automatic translation of a spoken word
- simple learning with record card principle
- Vast online offer of wordlist from other users
- simply share word lists
- you can create and edit lists online
- Learn statistics
- All languages, including German, Italian, Portugese, Spanish...
- Ready to use word lists
More Infos at: http://www.voicevocabulary.com
It can be used with any language
The main feature of this application is to eliminate text input on an inconvenient phone keyboard.
* Application doesn't ask to type a right answer. You choose whether your answer was correct or not.
* Your can type words on a laptop and then import them to the application.
* No preinstalled dictionaries! Read texts and articles, watch films. Only context-linked words are better for learning.
* Application is designed for small vocabularies (20-100 words). Don't try to import large vocabularies!
Hundreds of selected words from the Wiktionary can be browsed and learned systematically. This vocab builder uses the successful flashcard system. Train your eloquence in the learning mode, in the quiz mode or in a word scramble game.
- Learning Mode (flashcard, card index system)
- Quiz Mode (like a Trivia game with different answer options)
- Word Scramble Mode (spell the vocab in the right way, alternative to hangman)
- Both directions: word or description is given; also random selection is possible
- Statistics about learning bevavior (how much right/wrong answers, five best/worst words, distribution of the words in the boxes)
- Easy wiping through the word list
- Offline: All words are on your device
- Efficient memory allocation and less storage needed
- Word Trainer, Vocabulary Trainer, Word Builder, Vocab Builder
- Permissions are only for ad's
- 350 words (i.e. from GRE, SAT, ...)
- ad free
- no permissions needed
- twice as much words (700 words)
- Widget for the homescreen with automatically updated words. Learn the words from the app by looking at your homescreen
But you spend a lot of time every day on the road!
Turn the program along the way, listen and remember.
It is very simple and does not require the attention of your eyes.
It's really eyes free and handsfree words learning app!
How does it work?
1) Start the program and put the headphones.
2) Listen to the word or phrase in your native language.
3) A short pause. Try to say the translation of this phrase.
4) Listen to the phrase in a foreign language.
Within 30-40 minutes you can listen 600-800 phrases.
Listen on the bike on the bus, subway, car or when you are busy boring housework.
The first time you think that it is impossible to remember!
But after a few days you will see that you have already memorized many phrases and words!
Try to listen to on a daily basis.
Sometimes change a sequence of words with a special button in the program.
Sometimes change direction: Listen first foreign word, then the word the native language.
To learn a word or phrase is enough to listen to it 60 times in a month.
Play up to 30 times the word the native language and then in a foreign language.
Play up to 30 times the word in a foreign language and then in the native language.
The program automatically places the phrase in the archive when it is needed, but you can do it earlier.
This method allows you to learn a huge amount of words in the shortest possible time.
And most importantly, all the phrases and words get in your deep memory instead of a short memory!
Add new words themselves just two clicks:
1) Dictate a new word or phrase.
2) The program will automatically translate a phrase in a foreign language.
3) You will hear the pronunciation of new phrases in the native and foreign language.
4) The program will even find a suitable picture for your phrase!
5) You can write the pronunciation of words by yourself.
You can download database to listen and learn words and phrases:
100 phrases, 1000 phrases, 1000 words, 5000 words.
Databases are available for following languages:
English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Russian,
Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Portuguese, Hindi, Indonesian, Turkish,
Thai, Dutch, Vietnamese, Tamil, Polish, Afrikaans, Catalan,
Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic,
Latvian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Swahili, Swedish, Norwegian