- transcription and pronunciation of words
- system of repetitions (menu "Repetitions of words")
- download dictionaries from site, copy on sd-card and open for study (see menu "Open dictionary")
- moving of words like slide-show (see menu Automoving);
- opportunity to exclude a word from process of studing (click "more.." in title and button "no study")
- cleaning statistics for all records of dictionary (see menu "Clean statistics")
- check/uncheck any exercises, change the amount words of block, change the font-size for any field (menu "Settings")
- create own dictionary (menu "Editor of words")
Don't know where to start? Word Learn Dictionary has 12 downloadable quizzes featuring the most common SAT words (2400 words in total)! Test yourself anytime, or remind yourself through the LockScreen feature.
Bored? Shake your phone after starting up the app, and we'll search a random word for you!
* Comes preloaded with 320,000 definitions from Websters and WordNet, all managed within the application!
* No need to download attachments -- and better yet, there is Wikipedia queries for similar words.
* Save around 3x the memory when compared to most dictionary apps with extensions for Wordnet + Websters! (i.e. "Offline dictionaries")
* Near-instant offline searches on both Wordnet and Webster sources. (Some definitions may take slightly longer to render custom views)
* Professional looking dictionary interface that is easy on the eyes
* Ability to share and copy any and all parts of definitions
* Quiz section for extra fun and learning
* Lockscreen Quiz feature
* Coin Shop with personal rankings and purchasable Themes
* Synonyms and examples on WordNet results
* Downloadable quizzes
* Save even more memory when you move the app into your SD-card
* No banner ads!
- Auto Word Suggestions
- Save and managed word history
- Ability to build your own quizzes
- Shake to search a random word (close definition to try again)
- Random word search button
- Voice recognition
- Quiz upon phone unlock
- In-depth Wikipedia fragment view upon click
- Click-able search history
- Copy definitions with a click
- Coin reward system
- Customizable Themes (Coin Shop)
- Favorite words
- Backwards compatible -- all features identical to 2.2 and above!
The most simple, yet effective dictionary yet!
This app avoids memory waste by implementing a custom in-app memory storage, versus storing 1 directory for each dictionary in your SD-card then initializing it within a database
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a powerful dictionary and increase your vocab today! :)
Suggestion: Keep WiFi on when downloading app and first initializing app.
Voice Vocabulary is the easiest way to learn words. The App replaces in a modern way the old school record card.
Voice Vocabulary combines the benefits of the normal learning and other word-apps: The App can ask you like a person and you can answer in a normal language. Simply create your own word lists and prepare yourself for your next exam. This way you can have fun and learning new languages becomes easy.
You can share your word lists easily with your friends or you can download lists from others via the internet.
This way you can also add new word lists: You simply read the words and your Smarphone add's them combined with the translation.
The App is the optimal companion for learning spontaneously, for example, on public transports or anywhere.
Share your achievements on Facebook and show your friends and parents who is going to get exceptional on their next exam.
- 100% free
- The first learn-App you can operate via voice or keyboard
- Automatic translation of a spoken word
- simple learning with record card principle
- Vast online offer of wordlist from other users
- simply share word lists
- you can create and edit lists online
- Learn statistics
- All languages, including German, Italian, Portugese, Spanish...
- Ready to use word lists
More Infos at: http://www.voicevocabulary.com
1. Choose correct printed word that matches spoken word.
2. Choose correct picture that matches spoken word.
3. Choose correct picture that matches printed word.
4. Choose correct printed word that matches picture.
Authors: Donovan Brown, Jason Brown, Tim Thomasma and Jon Werber. Final testing, debugging and publishing by Upuli Amarasinghe, Corey Hamby, Tim Thomasma and Byron Wall.
Sounds in this app are by Jon Werber.
Images in this app are from Wikimedia Commons. They were uploaded to Wikimedia Commons by their authors and made available under Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
It can be used with any language
The main feature of this application is to eliminate text input on an inconvenient phone keyboard.
* Application doesn't ask to type a right answer. You choose whether your answer was correct or not.
* Your can type words on a laptop and then import them to the application.
* No preinstalled dictionaries! Read texts and articles, watch films. Only context-linked words are better for learning.
* Application is designed for small vocabularies (20-100 words). Don't try to import large vocabularies!