- transcription and pronunciation of words
- system of repetitions (menu "Repetitions of words")
- download dictionaries from site, copy on sd-card and open for study (see menu "Open dictionary")
- moving of words like slide-show (see menu Automoving);
- opportunity to exclude a word from process of studing (click "more.." in title and button "no study")
- cleaning statistics for all records of dictionary (see menu "Clean statistics")
- check/uncheck any exercises, change the amount words of block, change the font-size for any field (menu "Settings")
- create own dictionary (menu "Editor of words")
Don't know where to start? Word Learn Dictionary has 12 downloadable quizzes featuring the most common SAT words (2400 words in total)! Test yourself anytime, or remind yourself through the LockScreen feature.
Bored? Shake your phone after starting up the app, and we'll search a random word for you!
* Comes preloaded with 320,000 definitions from Websters and WordNet, all managed within the application!
* No need to download attachments -- and better yet, there is Wikipedia queries for similar words.
* Save around 3x the memory when compared to most dictionary apps with extensions for Wordnet + Websters! (i.e. "Offline dictionaries")
* Near-instant offline searches on both Wordnet and Webster sources. (Some definitions may take slightly longer to render custom views)
* Professional looking dictionary interface that is easy on the eyes
* Ability to share and copy any and all parts of definitions
* Quiz section for extra fun and learning
* Lockscreen Quiz feature
* Coin Shop with personal rankings and purchasable Themes
* Synonyms and examples on WordNet results
* Downloadable quizzes
* Save even more memory when you move the app into your SD-card
* No banner ads!
- Auto Word Suggestions
- Save and managed word history
- Ability to build your own quizzes
- Shake to search a random word (close definition to try again)
- Random word search button
- Voice recognition
- Quiz upon phone unlock
- In-depth Wikipedia fragment view upon click
- Click-able search history
- Copy definitions with a click
- Coin reward system
- Customizable Themes (Coin Shop)
- Favorite words
- Backwards compatible -- all features identical to 2.2 and above!
The most simple, yet effective dictionary yet!
This app avoids memory waste by implementing a custom in-app memory storage, versus storing 1 directory for each dictionary in your SD-card then initializing it within a database
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a powerful dictionary and increase your vocab today! :)
Suggestion: Keep WiFi on when downloading app and first initializing app.
Designed specifically for young children.
The app includes FREE downloadable extension packs.
★★★★★ My kids love it so much. They started talking in Turkish
Supports English, Portuguese, Arabic, Hindi and Turkish. More languages will be added soon.
♦ Toddler lock mode prevents the child from accidentally going out of the app
♦ Three modes: Swipe, Gallery and a Guess-the-Word game.
♦ Two weeks without ads, then uses simple banners you can remove my paying $1
♦ High resolution images
♦ Tablets and mini-tablets support
It can be used with any language
The main feature of this application is to eliminate text input on an inconvenient phone keyboard.
* Application doesn't ask to type a right answer. You choose whether your answer was correct or not.
* Your can type words on a laptop and then import them to the application.
* No preinstalled dictionaries! Read texts and articles, watch films. Only context-linked words are better for learning.
* Application is designed for small vocabularies (20-100 words). Don't try to import large vocabularies!
EnglishUp is a multiple choice game to learn vocabulary of other languages. Most used words in English ordered by use. For each one you get right, your score will add one. Search, play, listen to words to know their pronunciation and pass all levels. EnglishUp is not a dictionary. EnglishUp is not a translator.
The app also includes level with 169 irregular verbs and level with 803 phrasal verbs 803 .
It also includes button to suggest better translations or point out errors in the database . We are grateful that the database improves. Each 100 changes it will be updated.
The database includes translations in :
The speech synthesizer is available at:
*In most devices, speech works correctly, but if it does not work on your phone, just go to "voice input and output" in your phone settings and set the wanted speech motor.
*Dont hesitate to coment any problem or suggestion!
* EnglishUp not be used in isolation. It is simply to learn and review vocabulary. For a good learning be reconciled with other resources such as books or television series. The study of grammar is important to learn the language well. For this there are other applications that can help you with as you babbel or busuu. After this, a very useful and entertaining to assimilate the language is to see series that you like or even that you already know. But do not forget, whenever you want to expand your vocabulary, here will be EnglishUp. Best of luck!
*If you have a english academy or similar and you are interested on develop a level to promote your academy or for a specific theme or kind of words, just contact to email@example.com
* EnglishUp is officially on sale for any business application development or investor. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: learn, english, vocabulary, trivial, spanish, french, game
Preparation study guide for College entrance exams. Learn more than 1500 vocabulary words for SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT & LSAT exams (English). The Top 1500 GRE/SAT Vocab Quiz is a study guide which reinforces knowledge and skill requirements that can help prepare you for exams.
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with latest news and articles with the SAT/ACT news feed.
- Create and edit sections (groups) to storage cards
- Import words from Excel tables (2000\2003\XP versions).
- Supporting of user profiles - creating\editing user profiles
- View statistics of learning process for each user
- Language: English
○ learn words from texts written in the language you are studying
○ know the number of known and unknown words in a text
○ see the word frequency in a text
○ know the number of words you have learnt each day (statistics).
How to use this app:
1) Upload , download, copy and paste or type a text
(Note that you can only upload txt files)
2) Click on 'List words'
3) You will see 2 columns: Unknown and Known
4) Learn words from the first column and click on each word you have learnt.
5) The learnt words will move into the second column
(Note that these words from your next text will appear in this column.)
6) Read the text again without a dictionary.
1) Each word from your text can be translated if you click and hold on the word.
2) You can specify one of 16 languages for translation.
3) If translation is not accurate, use a dictionary for other meanings.
4) You can save a list of unknown words from a text as a CSV file. You can send the file to your computer and print it out. You should use a dictionary and write down the transcription and translation of each new word in the table.
Key words: words, vocabulary, lexis, languages, learn words, foreign words, foreign languages, English words, English vocabulary, German words, German vocabulary, Italian words, Italian vocabulary, French words, French vocabulary, Spanish words, Spanish vocabulary, Japanese words, Japanese vocabulary
With this application you can put your own sets of words via http://edukoala.com and learn them any time you want
Voice calls - we use them for lockscreen so you can pick up the phone
In app you will find:
*quiz mode with time challenge
*text to speech powered by iSpeech, Inc.
App will help you in learning English, Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Hindi, Japanese, Norway, Greek
Tags: edu koala, flashcards, eduction, vocabulary traning, word practice, learn languages, super memo, supermemo
• Simple UI—no pasarán things that you’ll never use.
• Android Holo design—latest guidelines applied.
• Create and modify cards easily using your phone.
• Shuffle your cards if you want to give yourself an extra training. Just shake your phone and it’ll be done. Of course you could restore your original cards order later.
• You have thousands of cards and you forgot where stopped? No problem—Gambit remembers your current position in deck.
• Google Drive™ import and export as part of the backup system—never lose your things again!
Gambit is open source — https://github.com/ming13/gambit.
Improve your English Language. One Word can change your time.
Vocabulary Flashcard application with 4000+ difficult English words. Displays words randomly and sequentially. A customized solution to improve the vocabulary. A great tool for GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GMAT, MBA, CAT and other Competitive Exams aspirant. It simplifies the task of preparing for the vocabulary section of any Competitive Exams. Daily English Quiz to check your basic English knowledge.
GMAT mark is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®. GMAC® does not endorse, nor is affiliated in any way with my web site.
We think FluxCards are even better than flash cards - here’s why…
* Special Scientific Timing, via Leitner Spaced Repetition for Maximum Memory Retention (which means Minimum Effort for You!)
* Easily Edit or Add New Cards on the Go - just press the Blue Button
* New – Boost Your Memory with Images, Photos or Draw with Your S Pen!
* Extra-Easy Color-Coded Interface
* Quizlet started making problems on 2014-04-20 and might get replaced soon(Imports Sets or Lists from Quizlet.com – Smoothly does it!)
* Always with You, even Offline!
* FluxCards are Perfect for Quick Sessions or Serious Study
Conventional flashcard are great for learning new things – but they can get boring real fast if you don’t use science….
FluxCards uses science!
Here’s the science…
Our special Flux Engine (tm) automatically presents and repeats cards based on how well you know them - that means:
* You Learn Fast!
* Less Boredom
* Less Boredom means More Study
* More Study means You Learn Even Faster!
Yes, it’s like a turbocharger for your brain – and it gets even better, because…
This professional, high-performance app is completely FREE!
Yes, free! And you can enjoy free forever. How’s that for crazy value?
All we ask is that to enjoy the FULL power of our Flux Engine (tm), grab a Premium License (only $4.97!)
FluxCard’s Easy Interface:
Tap anywhere to flip the card and see the other side, then:
1. Remembered correctly - tap Green button
2. Forgot - tap Red button
3. (Or Tap Blue button to edit the card – or add an image!)
It really is that easy!
Create as many sets or lists as you like, FluxCards will always remember your learning progress with that set.
Other apps may have more bells and whistles but we’re confident you’ll love FluxCards, because it’s easy to use and edit, you’ll ENJOY learning with it and because the "Flux" engine technology means you’ll learn faster and easier than EVER before!
Try it right now and see for yourself!
The main advantage is that you may enter your own words through smartkidsoft.info internet site and then download its to your device.
By default uses demo account. You may register your own free account at http://smartkidsoft.info/
The application is designed for fleeting memories with repetitions, without any difficulties in the form of transfers or printing of dictionaries, which slows down and complicates the process.
- More than 3,000 words and expressions, including the most popular slang, collections (such as work, food, transportation, etc.), idioms, phrasal verbs
- Transcription of words and expressions
- Simple and intuitive interface. Supports all resolutions
- Completely free application without ads. If you want to say thank you, then your service I-Wallet: 410011639715441, thank you for your support!
Through the built-in speech output, it is particularly well possible to train the correct pronunciation.
Best apps ever for kids I went over learning langage apps, but I find this one particularly interesting. The images are well displayed, the sounds are clear. Moreover it is well organized. I recommend it for everyone who want to get their kids learn German langage while playing
- 22 categories with more than 600 flashcards
- Learning Mode
- Quiz Mode
- Adjustable font size and color
- Good speech
- Many large well recognizable images - so is this app. very suitable for preschoolers
- Automatic scrolling of flashcards
- construction site
- In the city
- Musical instruments
- At the beach
- Animals of the World
- Animals in the jungle