Don't know where to start? Word Learn Dictionary has 12 downloadable quizzes featuring the most common SAT words (2400 words in total)! Test yourself anytime, or remind yourself through the LockScreen feature.
Bored? Shake your phone after starting up the app, and we'll search a random word for you!
* Comes preloaded with 320,000 definitions from Websters and WordNet, all managed within the application!
* No need to download attachments -- and better yet, there is Wikipedia queries for similar words.
* Save around 3x the memory when compared to most dictionary apps with extensions for Wordnet + Websters! (i.e. "Offline dictionaries")
* Near-instant offline searches on both Wordnet and Webster sources. (Some definitions may take slightly longer to render custom views)
* Professional looking dictionary interface that is easy on the eyes
* Ability to share and copy any and all parts of definitions
* Quiz section for extra fun and learning
* Lockscreen Quiz feature
* Coin Shop with personal rankings and purchasable Themes
* Synonyms and examples on WordNet results
* Downloadable quizzes
* Save even more memory when you move the app into your SD-card
* No banner ads!
- Auto Word Suggestions
- Save and managed word history
- Ability to build your own quizzes
- Shake to search a random word (close definition to try again)
- Random word search button
- Voice recognition
- Quiz upon phone unlock
- In-depth Wikipedia fragment view upon click
- Click-able search history
- Copy definitions with a click
- Coin reward system
- Customizable Themes (Coin Shop)
- Favorite words
- Backwards compatible -- all features identical to 2.2 and above!
The most simple, yet effective dictionary yet!
This app avoids memory waste by implementing a custom in-app memory storage, versus storing 1 directory for each dictionary in your SD-card then initializing it within a database
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a powerful dictionary and increase your vocab today! :)
Suggestion: Keep WiFi on when downloading app and first initializing app.
Designed specifically for young children.
The app includes FREE downloadable extension packs.
★★★★★ My kids love it so much. They started talking in Turkish
Supports English, Portuguese, Arabic, Hindi and Turkish. More languages will be added soon.
♦ Toddler lock mode prevents the child from accidentally going out of the app
♦ Three modes: Swipe, Gallery and a Guess-the-Word game.
♦ Two weeks without ads, then uses simple banners you can remove my paying $1
♦ High resolution images
♦ Tablets and mini-tablets support
EnglishUp is a multiple choice game to learn vocabulary of other languages. Most used words in English ordered by use. For each one you get right, your score will add one. Search, play, listen to words to know their pronunciation and pass all levels. EnglishUp is not a dictionary. EnglishUp is not a translator.
The app also includes level with 169 irregular verbs and level with 803 phrasal verbs 803 .
It also includes button to suggest better translations or point out errors in the database . We are grateful that the database improves. Each 100 changes it will be updated.
The database includes translations in :
The speech synthesizer is available at:
*In most devices, speech works correctly, but if it does not work on your phone, just go to "voice input and output" in your phone settings and set the wanted speech motor.
*Dont hesitate to coment any problem or suggestion!
* EnglishUp not be used in isolation. It is simply to learn and review vocabulary. For a good learning be reconciled with other resources such as books or television series. The study of grammar is important to learn the language well. For this there are other applications that can help you with as you babbel or busuu. After this, a very useful and entertaining to assimilate the language is to see series that you like or even that you already know. But do not forget, whenever you want to expand your vocabulary, here will be EnglishUp. Best of luck!
*If you have a english academy or similar and you are interested on develop a level to promote your academy or for a specific theme or kind of words, just contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
* EnglishUp is officially on sale for any business application development or investor. Contact: email@example.com
Tags: learn, english, vocabulary, trivial, spanish, french, game
- transcription and pronunciation of words
- system of repetitions (menu "Repetitions of words")
- download dictionaries from site, copy on sd-card and open for study (see menu "Open dictionary")
- moving of words like slide-show (see menu Automoving);
- opportunity to exclude a word from process of studing (click "more.." in title and button "no study")
- cleaning statistics for all records of dictionary (see menu "Clean statistics")
- check/uncheck any exercises, change the amount words of block, change the font-size for any field (menu "Settings")
- create own dictionary (menu "Editor of words")
It can be used with any language
The main feature of this application is to eliminate text input on an inconvenient phone keyboard.
* Application doesn't ask to type a right answer. You choose whether your answer was correct or not.
* Your can type words on a laptop and then import them to the application.
* No preinstalled dictionaries! Read texts and articles, watch films. Only context-linked words are better for learning.
* Application is designed for small vocabularies (20-100 words). Don't try to import large vocabularies!
Organize your lists, add your vocabulary, listen to their pronounciation, and let the algorithm control your learning.
After 4 months, 2 or 3 sessions a day, you will got enough vocabulary to understand a text or a discussion, or to express yourself ...
A 'LITE' version is available for free to test this application.
Languages: French, English (with irregular verbs), Spanish, Italian, German, Greek, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Czech, Turkish, Danish, Finnish, Arabic
The application is designed for fleeting memories with repetitions, without any difficulties in the form of transfers or printing of dictionaries, which slows down and complicates the process.
- More than 3,000 words and expressions, including the most popular slang, collections (such as work, food, transportation, etc.), idioms, phrasal verbs
- Transcription of words and expressions
- Simple and intuitive interface. Supports all resolutions
- Completely free application without ads. If you want to say thank you, then your service I-Wallet: 410011639715441, thank you for your support!
Learn english with "_Words" is the only app to expand your english vocabulary that offers you a personalized training to learn many new words useful in improving your conversation in english. It is available on the Android Market Google Play .
-*- 4500 words divided into 65 categories
The words of "_Words" are organized into categories in order to allow you to learn words in english to specific areas of interest . You can select more than one category at a time and make learning sessions more and more complex .
-*- Improve listening and pronunciation
Listen to the words you're learning and improving your listening and your pronunciation in english. The app allows you to learn english words indeed to hear the correct pronunciation of words that you are learning and allows you to enter your answers directly in english, you just say them.
-*- See your report card
Track your progress from day to day to see how many new words in english are learning through "_Words" . The results of all your training session is recorded , so you can see which words are wrong more often and what you know now and that are part of your new english vocabulary .
-*- Share your achievements on FB and TW
Every time you make a good training session , publish your results on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to do better using "_Words" to learn english.
Who will be the strongest to learn new words?
-*- Less than 1mb of space and the possibility of using off-line.
"_Words" to learn english does not weigh down your smartphone's memory , all the data are automatically installed on the sd card so as not to take up space. In addition, you can play "_Words" and learn new words in english really where you want because you do not need to be connected to the internet (off-line). "_Words" to learn english is the way to improve your vocabulary fun, easy and always at your fingertips .
News in version 1.2.0:
-*-Added other languages:
-*- Better translation of certain words
News in version 1.1.9:
-*- Publish the results on twitter.
-*- Support for the Portuguese language.
-*- Improved the translation of certain words.
News in version 1.1.8:
-*- Publish results on your wall facebook.
-*- Support for the French language.
News in version 1.1.6:
-*- Ability to change the language directly from the main menu.
-*- Improved the translation of certain words.
Download the most comprehensive Greek mythology encyclopaedia that can fit in your pocket. Don't waste time looking for the information you want, everything is right here.
All the gods, heroes, legends from the ancient Greece await you.
Start your magic journey into mythology now !
Test your knowledge with the included TRIVIA game and post your favorite content on Facebook.
The program implements a revolutionary way to show you progress as you work through your stack of cards as well as reminding you how well you are on track with your continuous repetitions. All on one single page.
The system is based on the Leitner algorithm and allows you to tune it to your requirements with a simple set of preferences.
* 6 different levels:
* The first level is an animation of a monkey singing the alphabet song to help the kids learn by singing.
* There is also a keyboard type level where the kids can press the different letters to hear their name and sound.
* The monkey says a letter for you to find amongst 4 different uppercase letters. If the wrong letter is pressed, the monkey will tell the name of that letter to try to educate also when the wrong letter is pressed.
* Same as first level, but this time only lower case letters
* Find the letter in a word (both lower and uppercase letters). Monkey also says the different letters to form the words and says the word out loud for kids to learn how spelling works.
* Re order the letters to create a word by dragging them to the correct box. The monkey will also help you if you are doing it wrong.
* Real voice
* Pronounciation of the letters
* Alphabet phonics
* Fun graphics to make game more interesting
* Learn spelling and alphabet is completely ad free, and is totally safe for your children
Alphabets supported: English and Swedish
Please note that if your child is very young or don't know the alphabet very well it might be good to spend some time to learn him/her the ropes in order to start the learning curve.
If you have any feedback to the developer about this app please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What has MyWords empowered others just like you to do?
Rapidly build your vocabulary and perfect your pronunciation! MyWords is a completely new way to quickly learn and remember 10 vocabulary words a day. The fast pace at which you will master new words, with proper pronunciation, will absolutely amaze your friends, colleagues, teachers and family.
What makes MyWords so effective?
It's Fun, Easy to Use, and Daily – the 3 essential keys to learning fast.
How does it work?
In just 5 simple steps memorize and perfect the pronunciation of all 10 daily words:
1. Memorize all 10 words as each word appears side-by-side with its definition
2. Learn to pronounce each word as you listen again and again to a recording of a native speaker
3. Record and play back your own voice to compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's
4. Save words and their small audio file to your personal word bank for later offline study
5. Quiz yourself with a fun and easy to use matching game
Repeat the process over and over everyday
What! Just 10 words a day! What's the deal?
Great question! We've been teaching languages for years, and 10 words a day is the perfect number as it won't overwhelm you. Remember, 10 new words a day adds up fast!
But please, don't take our word for it. According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 3,000-4,000 words is enough for reading newspapers and magazines fluently."
With MyWords you get 3650 words in the first year! That is A LOT of words! Your personalized Word Bank is going to fill fast!
MyWords, and its accompanying lifetime subscription, turns your Android device into a powerful language learning tool that will teach you how to:
-Memorize 10 words a day / 3,650 a year!
-Master the pronunciation of any word
-Significantly improve reading fluency as you see each word
-Improve listening comprehension by listening to the pronunciation of each word
-Master difficult words as you store and easily access them from your own personalized Word Bank
-Challenge yourself with a Matching Quiz to boost retention
With MyWords, you get all of these benefits, plus it's easy to use. Each day 10 new words are automatically downloaded when you connect to the internet. Fast, effective, and easy to use.
Finally, each word is carefully selected by a team of experts to provide you with high frequency words that you're likely to use right away.
-10 Word Daily: 10 essential words automatically updated daily. 3,650 words a year!
-Word Review: Side-by-side list of all 10 words and their meanings
-Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
-Perfect your Pronunciation: Record and play back your voice to compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's
-Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time even when you have no internet connection.
-Matching Quiz: Test your knowledge by matching all the words to their meanings.
-NEW IN VERSION 1.3: Access past word lists
Keeping adding to your Word Bank to build a collection of thousands!
Get instant access to a 50% OFF coupon valid on any Innovative Language Learning website! Coupon Code can be found at the bottom of the About Us section of the MyWords application by clicking on the 'V' icon.
Learn English for free through graphics cards with vocabulary, find the words in English that the game says.
Thanks to this application to learn English, learn it as a game. This application is valid for adults and children with different levels also are updated the screens so you always have to learn new words.
This application serves to improve educational and learning advanced English vocabulary
This application is free and provides education to adults and children of all countries learn English: russia, north korea, south korea, germany, portugal, france, Spain, China, Denmark and any other country in the world speaks not English who want to learn the English language. It is valid for anyone, even adults because the vocabulary is varied, can use this tool toddlers to teenagers, even adults or the elderly. With this game you will learn vocabulary in a fun way like a mobile game.
Soon this application will be available for Android tablet with high-resolution images. Currently only applies to mobile and tablet. You do not need wifi to play the educational application.
It supports note and tablet samsung galaxy medium resolution and high resolution tablets.
With voices to learn American English vocabulary and English of Britain
Программа идеально подходит для тех кто не знает языка вообще, для начинающих изучать английский, а так же для тех, кто когда-то учил, но забыл. Приложение так же хорошо подходит для изучения английского языка детьми старше 9 лет.
Приложение учит вас правильно строить предложения на английском языке, постепенно увеличивая количество используемых слов и грамматических конструкций. Уже после первого урока вы начнете самостоятельно составлять простейшие предложения в различных формах и временах. С помощью мобильного телефона или планшета вы сможете не только самостоятельно строить предложения на экране и прослушивать их правильное звучание, но и тренировать собственное произношение, улучшая тем самым навык вашего разговорного английского.
Основные возможности приложения.
- учит пользователя разговаривать на английском с первого урока.
- приложение учит вас правильно составлять предложения используя различные грамматические конструкции.
- увеличивает ваш словарный запас, постепенно добавляя новые слова при переходе от урока к уроку.
- обеспечивает большим набором инструментов для самостоятельного изучения новых слов.
- коротко и просто описывает теорию, необходимую для практических тренировок.
- озвучивает голосом слова и предложения.
- позволяет вводить предложения и слова собственным голосом, улучшая тем самым ваше произношение..
В основу приложения положена методика изучения английского языка Петрова Д.Ю. - известного психолингвиста, переводчика и преподавателя.
Уроки составлены на основе материалов:
- Интеллектуальное телешоу "Полиглот - Английский язык за 16 часов" на телеканале "Культура"
- Книга Д.Ю. Петрова "Английский язык 16 уроков".
- Литература из серии Grammar in use.
Платная vs Бесплатная (на 24.01.2014):
- В разделе "Учимся говорить" в платной версии используется больше слов и комбинаций в целом.
- В бесплатной версии будет сделано меньше уроков(скорее всего до 12)
- В платной версии ограничение на кол-во учеников - 5 в бесплатной - 1
- Ограничение на кол-во собственных словарей в платной - 30 в бесплатной - 5
- Ограничение на кол-во слов в собственном словаре в платной - 100 в бесплатной - 40
- В тематических словарях для изучения доступно: в платной - 100% слов в бесплатной - 50% слов
-Custom curriculum directory
-Testing with comprehensive review of missed objectives
-Graphs user's progress
-Questions can be asked by the built-in support for synthesized speech or recorded voice
eTutor Spelling is the first of many educational applications that will be produced by AlteredLearning. The eTutor series of applications are designed to be low cost solutions to augmenting the education of our youth.
One feature that sets eTutor Spelling apart from the competition is the directory layout of the curriculum. This feature allows the parent or teacher to layout the curriculum in the most efficient way for their individual needs. The freedom to choose from recorded voice or synthesized speech is also a big highlight. Some people, like me, don't care to hear their recorded voice. Other people like the personal connection of using their own voice. One of the things we focus on during app development is to never force the educators into our assumed use patterns.
I'm sure most people would agree an app with these feature is well worth the purchase price, our hope is that many will find it much more valuable. However, you can rest assured many more features are planned for upcoming versions (all of which will be free upgrades for licensed users). Dropbox integration is currently under development which will allow users to publish curriculum to the web. This will allow multiple devices and users to use a single set of curriculum, this feature will find its use in the home but will shine in the classroom. We also have a multi-player quiz currently on the drawing board which will add an element of competition to the learning process.
If you are not completely satisfied with this app we want to hear from you. While it is nice to hear what is good about the app, we much prefer to hear how we can improve it. Thank you for your consideration.