Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF and METAR briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between many different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
Intuitive easy to use tabbed browsing interface. Uses modern Android UI/Tablet features - Android 4.0 is required.
Powered by high performance BA3 Mapping engine - Track-up or North up - Sectional, IFR Hi or Low charts
No need to download maps: get started quickly using tiled maps from our server
Split-screen support (Map + Flight plan or Map + Plates)
Bends-only Victor airways and winds aloft in flight plans
Graphical Rubber-banding of flight plans
Nexrad, Metar, Satellite, TFR and Airspace overlays on map page
Entire range of weather imagery
Global database of 44,000 airports with NOTAMs, Runways and Frequencies
For US Airports: Operational statistics, Remarks, IAPs (Plates), A/FD (Airport Facility Directory) and Airport Diagrams
Rubber-banding - simply drag the line !
Victor airways (including bends-only planning)
Support for round-the-world flight plans
Winds Aloft compensation in the flight plan
Altitude optimizer (find optimal altitude based on winds aloft for speed and temperature for comfort)
Powered by High performance BA3 Altus Mapping Engine !
US Sectional, IFR Enroute (Low & Hi) charts, Track-up or North-up
Choice of basemap: Mapquest Satellite, OpenStreat Map, World Map with rivers & political boundaries
Automatic runway extension
Direct To Navigation
Map Page Overlays:
NexRad, IR/Vis Satellite
Airspaces (Class B, C, D)
Metar parameters (Flight rules, Sky Condition, Temperature, Visibility and Wind)
Metar and TAF along route of flight
Surface Prognostic charts, SIGMETs, AIRMETs
Flight Rules, Area Forecast, Winds ALoft, PIREPs, Freezing Level charts
Radar Composite, Rada Regional (static and Looping), Satellite (US and International)
Download multiple maps concurrently
Continue to use the app while download is in progress
Geo-coding search - on airport page and map page
More from developer
This application and Software AMDG's Winds Aloft Calculator will be the first two applications integrated into the upcoming Advanced Integrated Flight Management System (AIFMS).
This application is intended to be used by applications that require a robust position editor. Initial values are input as an Android Intent object. Results are output as an Android Intent object. For the specification, please contact us at email@example.com.
Density Altitude Calculator [Software AMDG]
Winds Aloft Calculator [Software AMDG]
This application allows the integrated processing for all aspects of a flight from flight decision making, through flight planning and execution, to flight debrief. This application permits the user to purchase and integrate only the needed subsystems without requiring the purchase of a large, monolithic, expensive system. Custom subsystems can also be developed and integrated as a user wishes.
For more information about the Advanced Integrated Flight Management System, go to www.softwareamdg.com.
Thanks to Tony Satriano (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the great application icon.