Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
With the big widget you can set the timeout to a custom value easy and quick.
You can easily switch the timeout for the screen between 'no timeout' and the previous set value by the small Widget.
If you want to, a notification is shown whether the timeout is disabled or not.
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
The timeout can be set to any value between 0 and 99m55s with a granularity of 5 seconds. Also, an infinite time can be set (INF).
The user can define four custom timeout presets in order to change the screen timeout with just one touch.
Any Screen Timeout is a very small app and it does not run as a service. It merely changes the desired settings of your device and terminates transparently.
- A slider for Screen Brightness control
- A switch that controls the Screen Brightness Auto Mode
- Info line that shows the current time with seconds, available memory for application and battery charge level + battery temperature.
Any Screen Timeout is user friendly and it does not require any other permissions than the permission to modify the system settings.
This app is also available in a Plus-version (Any Screen Timeout Plus) with the following differences:
- Range from 0 to 999m55s (instead of 0 - 99m55s)
- Auto repeat function for all +/- buttons
- Landscape support
- Stay on while plugged in (Only devices with Android 4.1.1 or lower)
- No ads
Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE THE APP - WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WE COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER
Select SleepWidget from widget list to create the widget.
Use the most out of the app. Kindly leave your feedback and suggestions to improve the quality.
• Set individual rules for Apps (e.g. screen always on, app specific timeout ...) similiar to "Screen On" and "KeepScreen"
• Set a position in that the screen will always stay on (via Accelerometer)
• If its dark screen goes out (e.g. if you put your phone into your pocket) (via light sensor)
• Wake up device (the screen automatically turns on when you put your device out of your pocket)
• Screen lock widget (click on it and your screen gets locked) like "screen Off and Lock"
• Set an app specific display brightness
• No Ads!
• Set an individual global screen timout time (e.g. 42 seconds)
• Dock functions: choose if the screen should stay on when you are using a dock (e.g. desk dock)
• Display filter: saves battery life for AMOLED displays and great for eBook reading
• Info HUD: shows always the state of the accelerometer, CPU, light sensor and active app rules
• Backup/Restore your settings
• Set app specific brightness of the display
• Light Sensor
• Extended Notifications and display filter
• Widget designs
• Wake up device
• and much more...
So please support us and the further development of this app by buying the pro version (In-App purchase), Thanks!
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Is used for the backup functionality.
It's easy to handle the screen timeout via app specific rules, the accelerometer position, the light sensor or individual dock settings. You will be always informed about the screen timeout via the system HUD. Lock your screen easily with the screen lock widget.
"... making the app the only place you need to go for adjusting screen timeout." - addictivetips.com
"Manage your screen light, smartly" - androidzoom.com
We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions.
Not enough options for setting screen off timeout values? With SOFFT you can set any value starting from 1 minute to 9999 minutes.
Yes, nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine options!
Add "Never timeout" option and that will round up to whole 10 000 options!
With "Stay on" while charging option ten thousand+1 options.
Screen Notifications is open source (https://github.com/lkorth/screen-notifications). If you have ideas or feature requests feel free to submit an issue or pull request.
If you would like to translate this app, please take a look here:
If you have enabled Screen Notifications as a Device Admin so the screen will turn off after a notification, in order to uninstall Screen Notifications you will need to first open the app and uncheck the Device Admin option. Once this is done you will be able to uninstall it.
HTC One Users
There is a bug in the HTC lockscreen that will cause the shortcuts to break and the lockscreen to be dismissed without unlocking. The affects all apps that use the accessibility service (Lightflow, Pebble, etc)
If your phone is speaking, try disabling Samsung TTS and Google TTS in your devices menu or check for an update to your device. This is a known Samsung bug they have started to fix
Simple and easy application to turn off your device with widget, shortcut or long press search.
Perfect with Hidden Lock. Turn off your screen and lock your device.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
- Click on the uninstall button in the main application.
- Disable administrator permissions in Settings -> Location & Security -> Select device administrators -> uncheck "Turn Off".
Works great while reading articles in web browsers, email, or any app you specify. You'll no longer need to worry about touching the screen to prevent the screen from sleeping, dimming or timing out.
If you have any issues or have a feature suggestion please email:
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Most options are FREE and donator options are cheaper than simillar app on the store!
Download our new app Auto Exec! Easy Tasker! Stay Alive! donators get 10% rebate on Auto Exec! Easy Tasker.
Keep your screen on when your device is running your GPS application, favorite remote control, playing a movie or slideshow, etc... Perfect to keep your screen on without dimming for application development. Your screen will never go back to sleep until you want it to...
Choose when you want your device to Stay Alive!:
• NEW: On except if one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Only when you have power
• Even if you are running on batteries
• When one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Can be automatically disabled when you connect to your car or desktop docking station
• Prevent or allow Stay Alive! to dim your screen when active
• Protect your battery with minimum battery level auto pause option
• Easily pause Stay Alive! when not needed from the notification zone. No need for a widget!
• NO annoying ADS!
• HOLO light and dark themes!
• NEW Display a black screen to prevent screen lock and save battery on AMOLED screens. Just touch the screen to wake up.
• Auto start on boot
• Hide top bar icon (Android 4.1+)
• Automatically keep screen on when plugged even if configured to stay on for specific apps when unplugged
• Keep screen on even when locked
• Automatically pause SA! with proximity sensor
• Change config colors!
Easy power operation mode changes with the notification icons! It will show you which power mode you are using and allow you to quickly change between modes. You can also quickly activate the Stay Alive for specific application mode!
Stay Alive! will automatically disable itself then you manually turn off your device. It won't keep your screen on if your device wakes up when it receives a notification.
Stay Alive! will not change your display timeout value or brightness settings. It will prevent your device from going to sleep based on your needs.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application.
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information or contact you.
Support Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46379475
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
GET_TASKS - Needed to list applications you want to keep alive.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to disable Stay Alive! if the device is off.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the device Alive!
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Screen Alive, Screen Awake, Galaxy Dim, Brightness, Timeout