• Understanding colonoscopy: Colorectal cancer is largely preventable with regular screening. In this section, users learn how early detection and removal of pre-cancerous polyps prevents colorectal cancer.
• Preparing for your colonoscopy: For most people, bowel preparation is the most unpleasant part of the colonoscopy process. Learn why it’s so important to follow bowel prep instructions and how clean bowels allow the doctor to perform a thorough exam.
• During your colonoscopy: Take a guided tour of the colonoscopy exam. Animations and interactive tools demonstrate how the doctor uses the colonoscope to search for abnormalities…and how polyps are detected and removed during the exam.
• After your colonoscopy: The entire exam usually takes about 30 minutes…and most patients go home shortly after the exam.
Other interactive features:
• A Bowel Prep Planner enables users to input general bowel prep reminders to help them take/drink the right amount at the right time.
• A Rate tool enables users to rate their bowel prep experience. Users must provide their email address and accept opt-in terms in order to share their experience.
Sponsored by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc., Colonoscopy Guide: What to Expect was developed in partnership with the Colon Cancer Alliance and in collaboration with Douglas K. Rex, MD, FACP, FACG, FASGE and Philip O. Katz, MD, FACP, FACG, who provided GI input. The health and medical information in this application is not intended to take the place of advice or treatment from your healthcare provider. If you have any questions, please consult your healthcare provider.
More from developer
- Group Exercise Schedules – You wanted it, now you got it! Up-to-date daily and weekly class schedules for all 5 wellness center locations. Search by type, date or instructor and save your classes right into your device’s calendar with the touch of a button.
- My Wellness Reward Points – “Check in” by scanning a simple code in the lobby and earning points every time you workout. Your points will be stored in the app and can be redeemed for select pro shop items and services like massage and personal training sessions!
- Health Tracker – Have a specific diet or weight goal? How about a swimming or running distance goal? You can easily enter any personal date-specific goals and track your progress on a daily basis for quick reference.
- Directions/Contact Info – Simple one-touch listings for all 5 Wellness Center locations. Just tap to call or map directions.
- Virtual Tours – Explore all of the rooms and features of our 5 facilities through our interactive 360° virtual tours – right on your mobile device!
Pairings & Tee Times: Updated live each morning of tournament play.
Tournament Schedule: Handy reference of all of the tournament times and family fun events each day.
Course Map: Hole-by-hole tours of TPC Wakefield Plantation and course overview maps to help you find the best viewing spots as well as bathrooms, vendors and concessions.
Parking & Directions: Easy location and one-touch directions to the course and the parking lots and stops for the free shuttle service.
Social Media: Follow the Open on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!