You’re looking for something to help your animal-loving preschooler develop the solid foundation they need for literacy success and you love the idea of putting basic skills in context rather than teaching them in isolation.
Preschoolers ABC Playground is the app for you. Designed to engage preschoolers and help them learn the basics, the app also grows with your child. As your little ones are learning their letters you can show them how they are written and how they fit together to make words. As your child’s confidence increases, Preschoolers ABC Playground gives them a way to both learn and practice writing and reading - all in just one app. For breaks, rewards or just fun, the app also includes a simple but addictive physics game - the more your kids learn and practice, the more they get to play!
While playing the games in Preschoolers ABC Playground your child will be learning:
• Letter sounds and names
• Upper and lower case letters
• Alphabetical order
• How to put letters together to create basic words
• How to write both upper and lower case letters
• 5 different fonts are available
• 6 different languages are supported, plus options for either American, Australian or British English.
The 7 different sections in the app are:
• FLASHCARDS. Introduce each upper case letter by both name and sound, together with a different animal to associate with every letter. You can also choose to trace each letter to demonstrate how it’s written.
• ALPHABET. The first exercise in this section shows upper and lower case letters in alphabetical order, together with their animal partners. A matching game then gets your kids dragging and dropping upper case tiles onto their lower case counterparts or vice versa. A third exercise asks your child to pair together upper case letters with the correct animals.
• PAIRS. There are three versions of the classic memory card game in this section. Match upper case letters, upper and lower case letters or upper case letters and animal pairs.
• WORDS. Unscramble letters to spell animal names. There are three different levels of difficulty - beginner, advanced and Pro.
• PRACTICE. Gives your kid lots of practice tracing upper and lower case letters.
• WRITE. A drawing board where children can practice on either a blank page or one with ruled lines. If they want to copy letters then there are tiles available that they can drag and drop onto the board.
• YETI and his flying apple(core) - as a break, a reward or just for fun! If your child is spending too long playing this game then you can either limit their playtime in settings or hide the game completely.
This app was developed by me together with my children, incorporating feedback from parents and educators. It won the Editor’s Choice Award from Children’s Technology Review and ipadeducators.com gave it 5/5 stars, saying:
“Simply put, this is the best app we have yet seen for early letter learning. The attention to detail and range of options is outstanding and we highly recommend it for Early Years teachers.”
And you don’t have to worry about your children playing independently with my apps because I take their privacy and online safety very seriously. My apps include:
• no links to websites outside the app
• no ads
• no data collection or tracking
• no social media sharing
• no in-app purchases
I also value your feedback so please email your comments or questions to email@example.com
Watch the trailer: http://youtu.be/jrhvBTq5AVQ
+++ AWARD WINNING APP +++
• Children’s Technology Review - EDITOR’S CHOICE 2013
• 3rd Place as BEST TEACHER APP 2013 at the Best App Ever Awards
• 5 Star EAS Certification and EAS Recommended status by the Educational App Store
• Gold Award for excellent learning Apps by KinderAppGarten.de
• 5/5 REKOMMENDERAS by Pappasappar.se
• Suitable for use at home, preschool, school, and in therapy sessions
• 4 games matching pictures, words, words to pictures and pictures to words
• Includes 96 pictures and words with choice of lower or upper case letters
• Personalize by reordering, deleting and adding your own words, pictures and audio
• Settings options include shuffling cards, controlling use of audio, editing and rewards
• Synchronize to your other mobile devices and between home and school
• Transfer resources to and from our Special Stories app
BridgingApps said: “an excellent app for assisting young children in developing very beginning reading skills and preschool/school-age children in learning sight words”.
An interactive app that allows children to learn at their own pace, Special Words has 4 games with increasing difficulty, and has been designed in close consultation with parents, children and professionals. With a simple and intuitive interface, this app has been shown to be accessible and hold the attention of children with Down syndrome, autism, poor fine motor skills, hearing impairment and other learning difficulties, as well as being appealing to typically developing children.
Special Words comes with 96 written words children use in their early vocabulary. It includes matching pictures, written and spoken words, in 22 languages: English (American, British and Australian), Albanian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Welsh. You can easily replace the words and re-record the audio in any other language your child uses. You can quickly add more words, pictures and sounds for family members, friends, and familiar objects, to increase your child’s interest, and further develop their reading vocabulary.
A 12-week trial in schools has demonstrated that Special Words can enhance communication, language and literacy skills, and has shown that it has a positive impact on the development of expressive language, receptive language, word recognition, reading and listening skills. To read the trial report or the Special Words User Guide, visit the Special iApps website, www.specialiapps.com.
This is an app for tablets and phones, and you can easily transfer personalized text, pictures and sounds between devices, using Bluetooth or e-mail.
The words and pictures provided with Special Words are the same as those in the See and Learn Language and Reading resources from Down Syndrome Education International, and this app can be used to complement the use of their paper-based See and Learn activities.
We answer every email, and are always happy to respond to questions and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food & Drinks
Babies & Kids
Gardening & Plants
More than 1200 tips and tricks
Random tips generator
Integration with Email and Facebook
Help to improve this app! Send us your own tips and tricks. The best suggestions will be included in the next update!
Impress your family and friends!
Grandma's Tips is great for the whole family! This tool helps you save money, lead an eco-friendly and healthy lifestyle, and impress your friends with clever tricks!