What the hell did you do to this app? It used to work just fine with my Samsung phone. All I had to do was tap the camera to the phone twice and my pictures transferred to my phone. Now I tap and it starts to transfer but disconnects the wifi on my phone and the transfer gets canceled. My settings on the phone AND camera have NOT changed so it has to be your latest update. I've tried re-entering the router info on the camera but still no dice. I HATE what you did to the app, it's basically useless now.
Very poor remote app. I have the a7r and also a canon 70d. The canon app has so many functions via the smartphone, like focus areas, tracking, camera setting in certain modes to name a few. The sony app is lacking in nearly every area. I take alot of solo shots using myself as the model, the 70d excels at this, the sony is near to useless. Very disappointed you cant invest in a developer to make an app thats worth using.
Dear developer of this app, which is probably Sony, fix your application! I said "probably", cause, how such respected company could set default "Copy Image Size" in "2M" (basically the lowest quality)? I thought something is wrong with my camera, before I figured out that I need to put this setting to "Original". Does Sony suggest to users to play Sherlock Holmes a little bit or what? Image size should be controlled on camera by any adequate user. I don't know who makes pictures in high quality then shrinks them in 2M during copying. That default setting was definitely insane.
An organisation of Sony's calibre - their cameras or beautiful - should have an app that is up to the standards on quality, functionality and reliability. Nearly woeful. Not so nearly any good. #couldtryharder D-minus
You'd think a company as big as Sony could afford to hire ONE software developer that could actually make an awesome app. But no! This is a bare-bones cumbersome app. You can't even control the A6000 in movie mode! Come on Sony!! Stop being so cheap!! Put some darn effort into your app development!!
- The nfc transfer works but is a clunky user experience still. Tap and transfer images should be fast and seamless. - The app should detect I have an A5000 and then know what features I can/can't use in the app. - Can't figure out if I can use the phone to remote control the camera because the documentation sucks and even finding that basic info is really hard.
- Added shooting setting buttons when the smartphone is in landscape orientation.
- You can review the settings of the transferred images.
- Now connects to the smartphone even when the location setting is off if it has been connected before. Connection via QR code is available for other cameras.
- Added compatibility with shortcut function from home screen (Android 7.1 and later versions)
A voice search plugin that links with Sony TV via the Video & TV SideView
GoPlus Cam is a video player work with Generalplus Wifi camera solutions.