Had to uninstall as I tried to get support via several channels for a problem with the Spam Protection feature, to be met with a denied request via email and silence on the support forum. I don't feel safe to have an unsupported app with administrator permissions on my device, so it's currently uninstalled and will remain so while Sophos don't provide even basic levels of support.
It's a good anti virus app. One of the down sides is when you activate the app protection even with just getting notified by another app it will ask you for the password and close out of the app you have open.
If Data Saver is on, out of nowhere I get popups (looks like it's on a timer to go off every 10 seconds or something): "To ensure that the device is protected at all times, ... requires unrestricted data access." Sorry, but this is unacceptable for me. Additionally, if the app is going the direction of interrupting you with full-screen popups any time it wants, I don't want to know what it will do in the future.
1) It would be better if the scanner shows what it is currently scanning and of course the percentage of scan. 2) As it is suggested in the setting of the app under "Monitor SD Card" the app scans all new files on all storage devices. But when you download or move a file to your device you don't see any report on "Log" section of the app for that. 3) It doesn't always show scan notification when the "Scan notification" box is checked in setting. 4) After the latest update and in "statistics" section, it seems that "No scans..." and "No full service scans..." warnings are always there no matter how many times the app has run any kind of scans.
Was good until today. Certain apps won't open, despite me allowing them in sophos. On the verge of uninstalling.
The app is great. But every now and then the Sophos Accessibility Service gets deactivated on its own. Also the Require Pin to Start the Device setting gets deactivated itself and I have to activate it frequently. Why is it so? Is it not an one time(at the setup) exercise? Why it asks for these settings repeatedly when I have defined these settings at the initial setup?
• Generate, manage, and store passwords securely using the KeePass file format.
• Use password, pattern, PIN, or fingerprint to access restricted apps.
• Configure daily scans to run only when charging, to improve battery performance.
• Review scan and web filtering statistics for your device with simple to understand charts.
Protect your phone against viruses and malware. Complete security by Avast.
Certified#1 Security:Antivirus,Booster&Cleaner.Privacy protect:App lock&Free VPN
★Top Security,Junk Cleaner,Virus Protector,Booster,CPU cooler,Free Clean Master
The most economical antivirus, use less battery, high detection rate.
Super Light Antivirus - Designed for phone with memory less than 1GB