Winner of the AV-TEST awards “Best Android Security 2016” and “Best Protection 2015”
For 14 tests in a row, starting September 2014, Sophos Mobile Security has hit a perfect 100% protection score in AV-TEST’s comparison of the top Android security and antivirus apps.
Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life.
• Scan apps and storage media for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Block web pages with malicious, undesirable or illegal content.
• Check links you tap in non-browser apps for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Protect apps with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List apps that access your personal data or that could create costs.
• Get advice on how to improve device security.
Secure QR Code Scanner
• Perform security checks when scanning QR codes that include URLs, contacts, or Wi-Fi connection data.
• Store all your account data in a KeePass-compatible password database.
• Generate time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) one-time passwords for multi-factor authentication.
• Connect the app to Sophos Mobile or Sophos Central to allow your organization to monitor your device's compliance status.
Intune Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
• Connect the app to your organization's Microsoft Intune account to restrict access to corporate data based on the device's compliance status. This requires Sophos Central.
• Permissions are required to monitor incoming data, and to detect and stop threats. More info: https://sophos.com/kb/117499
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
• This app uses Accessibility services.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions update once a day to keep you protected. This uses a small amount of data.
• The initial full scan of every installed app causes a one-time increase in battery usage.
• Knowledgebase: https://community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
• Use our SDK for premium antivirus in your app: https://www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK