Data ON-OFF is FREE. However, we need to support our efforts to continuously improve the app with occasional ads. There is an option to turn them off through in-app purchase. For example, our team is now working hard on a solution for Lollipop users, which requires many hours of paid programmers work. Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
Use My Data Manager to track your data usage, monitor what apps are using the most data and ensure that you don’t go over your monthly data limit and incur unnecessary charges.
Key features of My Data Manager:
· Data Tracker: Monitor your data usage on mobile, Wi-Fi and roaming
· Shared Plan: Track data usage across everyone in your shared or family plan
· Manage data across multiple devices
· App Tracker: Know what apps are using the most data
· History: Track historical consumption to ensure you’re on the right data plan
· Alarms: Set custom usage alarms to avoid overage charges and bill shock
· Save Money: Maximize how you use your data and get more out of your plan
For more information please be sure to check out our YouTube Channel:
and to also like/follow us at:
What are People saying about My Data Manager?
"You can install a free app called My Data Manager, it tracks how much data you are using and which apps are using the most cellular data." - David Pogue
"My Data Manager does a great job at keeping track of everything so you can stay under your limit. It is pretty amazing and definitely a great tool." - Android Headlines
“My Data Manager ... is the best Android app for monitoring and taking control of the amount of data your Android is using” – Best Android Apps Review
“Monitoring your data use has become an essential task ... which is why apps like My Data Manager are becoming so important.” ZDNet
“My Data Manager is an incredibly convenient tool” – CNET
Also please feel free to use these Links to our most recent Reviews:
Download My Data Manager and start using it today to stay in control of your data usage and save money!
We value your feedback and would love to hear from you. Please contact us using the Feedback button in the app.
Comment on permissions:
- Your personal information: Contacts are not accessed; only app launch times.
Note: SD storage is not supported. If placed on the SD card the monitoring service will be disrupted in some cases.
Data Settings is just a shortcut to the data management settings page, to allow you to enable or disable the data connection and/or the 2G in two clicks.
You can contribute to the project here : http://github.com/buzeeg/datasettings
Version history :
- Adding Jelly Bean support
- Fixes for Gingerbread
- Icon depending on the version of Android
- Adding Lollipop support
Prevent switch on by mistake and unauthorized access!
Excellent child-proof lock with Wifi / Data Lock!
Save your settings with a password!
Intuitive and easy handling!
Lock your wifi, data connection or both!
Control your traffic!
Light and effective!
No unneeded permissions!
Android 5: Google removed support for switching data connection programmatically. I'm sorry for this. If there is another solution in sight I will implement it immediatelly. Apart from that "WiFi / Data Lock" is fully working with Android 5.
• Monitor Mobile Data and Wi-Fi in real time.
• Today Widget
• Predictive forecast tells when you will go over and sets daily quotas.
• Simple and intuitive design reflects current usage status.
• Works with any carrier, any plan, and any billing cycle.
• Set usage alerts.
MEDIA IS RAVING ABOUT IT..
Featured utility on CNET.COM ...
"If your data charges are the thorn in your bill, an app like Data Usage could be really useful. It’s very accurate,.." - AFR.COM
App runs in background and shows real-time usage information as a widget on your home screen.
With this most precise tool, you are always in control of data plan limit and save hundreds or thousands on data overages!
Cool feature competitors don't have:
BILLING PERIODS & SETUP:
✔ monthly, weekly and daily quota limits
✔ flexible billing period, pre-paid billing, yearly billing, roaming usage etc.
✔ separate cellular and Wi-Fi billing cycle and quota settings
✔ auto reset on billing period end
✔ simple setup – just enter billing period and quota
✔ reads data usage from device no carrier login needed
✔ works with ANY phone carrier around the world including but not limited to Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, O2, Vodafone, Orange, Movistar, Three (3), Bell, Rogers, Claro, Telus, Virgin and Optus**
✔ monitor used % of quota and actual usage on widget without ever opening app again
✔ customize progress bar, data unit and launch settings
✔ progress bar turns yellow indicating caution on crossing ideal usage
✔ strikingly unique user interface and awesome icon
✔ billing period data usage and ideal usage on same progress bar
✔ predictive data usage analysis – estimates likely billing cycle usage based on current usage
✔ shows remaining days, quota and quota per day in easy to read format
✔ calculates ideal daily usage based on current consumption
BACKGROUND MONITORING & ALERTS:
✔ continuous background data usage monitoring
✔ real-time customizable alerts on exceeding certain usage
HISTORY & CHARTS:
✔ History of data usage by billing cycle with daily detail
✔ Chart visualization for daily usage and billing cycle usage
HELP & SUPPORT:
✔ email support from within app
✔ full user help included with app
** Android 2.2+ phones that supports retrieving network stats. This program has been tested on some of the major phones only. not all phones are supported.
This app features most advanced data usage tracking engine, which is more precise than any other app out there.
This is the only app that constantly monitors your usage and ideal usage on same progress bar.
For example, if you have 200 MB monthly plan, on 15th day of billing cycle, your ideal usage would be 100 MB. If you are going over ideal usage at any given point in your billing cycle, by default, progress bar will turn yellow.
This unique feature ensures that you evenly spread your usage and you are not left with little quota towards end of billing cycle.
NOTE: PLEASE INSTALL THIS APP ON DEVICE MEMORY. SD CARD INSTALLATION IS NOT SUPPORTED
Automatic data usage measurement - simply start the app once, and it will automatically measure your data usage from that point on. Whenever you are concerned about your data usage, just open the app to check.
High-precision data usage measurement - the app gives an accurate measurement of your data usage, without any inconsistencies at any moment. Wi-Fi data usage measurements are organized by each SSID.
Easy-to-read statistics screen - measured data usage is separated by Wi-Fi usage and mobile usage and displayed in easy-to-read graphs. Data usage per app can also be displayed, so you can know which apps use the most data.
Transfer speed monitor - a transfer speed monitor can be displayed permanently in the upper-right corner of the screen. Instantly check when and how much data is being transferred.
Widgets - widgets are supported, so you can check your data usage without opening the app. (For premium users only.)
Turkish - Hakan Güven
Franch - DyAzz55
Italian - crizan
Spanish - papuchinxr
Russian - shwwru
Danish, Dutch, English, German, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish translation available.
Discreet and simple widget that can be placed on your home screen to keep an eye on your network usage. Shows wifi / wlan and 4G / LTE / 3G / GPRS traffic.
Try out the new quota in the pro version. :)
You can customize the user interface and configure widgets individually - just take a look at the screenshots.
Please report any bugs. :)
Pro version features:
- Turn off display of cell/wifi individually
- More background colours
- More font colours
The good old widgets are still available if you rather want to use them. They're named "OLD Data counter" in your list of widgets.
If you want to become a beta tester of Data counter widget and stay ahead of the rest, please check out https://plus.google.com/communities/115029169945937176952 :)
Known issue: There's a bug in Samsung Galaxy S5 latest firmware version for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) that leads the device to report way too high data usage.
Award Winning Concept :
**From the developers of award winning Folder Lock 7**.
“Editor’s choice on PC Magazine”.
“5 stars on CNET.com”.
“Ranked #1 encryption software on TopTenReviews.com”.
Password-Protect Sensitive Photos & Videos:
Import photos & videos to lock them in seconds, or take secured images and record videos directly from Folder Lock’s user interface.
Secret Audio files:
Prevent others from discovering your secretive audio files, be it private conversations or business secrets.
Lock-Down Sensitive Documents:
Confidently lock-down sensitive documents such as bank statements, tax returns, company spreadsheets and other off-the-record files.
Boldly save your sensitive details from credit cards, bank accounts, health card, passport and other confidential information by creating secured wallets.
Record Secret Voice Memos:
Feel free to record your secret thoughts with Secret Voice Recorder. You can also listen to your recordings with its built-in audio player.
Create a list of confidential contacts, send secret-group SMS to your secret contacts right within Folder Lock’s secure interface.
Never lose your secured files and folders ever again. With cloud backup feature, you can regularly backup your data.
Three Login Types:
You have the option to setup a password, PIN or pattern as your primary access lock.
You’ll never have to worry about losing your data in Folder Lock. It’s built in data recovery feature can help users retrieve deleted files and folders.
WI-FI File Transfer:
Using your WI-FI connection, you can securely transfer your sensitive files and folders between different devices.
OTHER SECURITY FEATURES:
Stealth Mode (Hide icon)
hides the app’s icon, prevents shoulder-surfers from discovering Folder Lock on your phone.
Decoy Mode (fake user)
Create a fake profile to prevent authorized user from accessing your real Folder Lock user-account.
Panic Switch (Shake, Flick or Place your palm on the screen)
Switches to another app immediately with just a shake, flick or placing your palm on the screen.
you can download pictures and videos from Folder Lock’s secure browser, leaves no traces of browsing history.
Hack Attempt Monitoring
Folder Lock automatically snaps images of intruders with time stamp.
• Protect private photos
• Hide sensitive videos and pictures
• Password-protect secret audio
• Lock down important documents
• Write secure notes
• Record voice recordings and memos secretly
• Import Saved Contacts
• Create Contact Groups
• Secret Contacts Group multiple SMS
Secure Browser (leaves no traces and privacy enabled)
• Download files from Browser
Import files from
• SD Cards
• PC / MAC
• Secure Browser
Settings and Options
• Hacker Deterrents
• Decoy Password (Fake Password)
• Brute force attack prevention
• Takes snaps of unauthorized login attempts
• Logs unauthorized login attempts
• Deterrents on multiple invalid login attempts
• Backup Password in case of forgotten password
Folder Lock provides security to your data, mainly when you share your mobile with somebody else and you want to hide some personal information.
Folder Lock for Android Phone is the extension of the popular Folder Lock for Windows Desktop. For more information you can visit http://www.newsoftwares.net .
You need CM Data Manager if:
Your mobile data runs out quickly
You have to pay for every MB you use
You’d like to find out which apps waste your data
Highlights of CM Data Manager:
☆Handy & Light: Less than 5MB and shows real-time data info without pestering you. Get set up in seconds by entering some simple information.
☆Professional & Totally Free: Full protection of your mobile data, and no fees whatsoever!
☆Thoughtful & Accurate: Sends an alert to you when apps are wasting data or you’re near your data limits. Also shows you where you are in your current data cycle.
☆Monitor data usage:
Monitor mobile data usage 24/7 and show accurate info instantly. No need to text or wait again!
☆Budget your data, save your phone bill:
Avoid overspending by setting a monthly cap and we’ll help ensure you never go over.
☆Extend your data life:
Stop apps from inappropriately using data in the background and keep data available for later.
☆Measure network speed:
A cute floating widget shows your true network speed. Find out how fast your network really goes.
• Simple setup: Get going in seconds by setting your monthly cap and billing cycle
• You compared with everyone: See how your data use measures up to other people for each app
• Your data life: Understand how you use your data in categories that matter to you like music, maps and videos
• Real-time alerts: Know when you’re approaching your data limit and get an indication of where you stand in your current data cycle with notifications on your phone
• Onavo Extend integration: See how much data you’re saving with Onavo Extend right from the Onavo Count home screen
How it works
Onavo Count monitors and analyzes all types of mobile data and phone use. This includes background, foreground, and Wi-Fi use.
• Data management
Monitor data usage on all apps and block the high-data-consuming apps running in the background without permission. Blocking apps running in the background conserves precious battery.
• Save data
Less data to download from websites also means faster mobile-browsing speeds for your phone.
• Track & save data on Wi-Fi
Data savings can be applied to mobile data and Wi-Fi data independently, with a “Savings on/off” switch.
• Watch more video
Spend less data and time watching videos on the web. Opera Max can compress a 10 MB video down to 3 MB* and significantly reduces buffering.
• Private and secure
Opera Max does not analyze or store your private data. If you want more information about how privacy works in Opera Max, check out our FAQ at http://opera.com/help/max/android/.
* Savings based on sampling of U.S. beta users. Your results may vary.
Discover more at http://opera.com/mobile/max/.
Technical questions? Please refer to our FAQ at http://opera.com/help/max/android/.
Connect with us on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/opera/
Facebook - http://facebook.com/opera/
* Counts your Mobile (4G / 3G / Edge / GPRS) & WiFi usage and displays it as graph, text, and table.
* Shows your current usage status as a notification icon (green/orange/red) in the status bar.
* Plan & day usage history with CSV export/import.
* Alerts & optional auto-disable of mobile network
* Data usage widget (2 sizes). Mobile network disable/enable widget (Android 2.3 - 4.4).
* Real Time traffic graphs (Mobile and WiFi)
Translated in over 20 languages.
- Should NOT be installed on SD card!
* On the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 dual-SIM phone 3GW counts mobile data usage only for the SIM card inserted in the first slot.
* Doesn't count properly usage on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (SM-G906S and SM-G901F) with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Please contact us if you want to help to fix this problem.
* On Android 5.0+ the "Disable mobile network" function does not work (the mobile data switch widget and the auto-disable feature are both affected). This is because on Lollipop the enable/disable function is no longer accessible to third-party apps.
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide.
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
If you run into problems and wish to help to solve the problem while giving the community a chance to get a better 3GW, please send a mail to email@example.com with details.
-> See the FAQ at http://www.3gwatchdog.fr/en/faq
Key features of Data Manager:
- Supports Mobile and Wi-Fi traffic
- Separates traffic by applications
- Monthly/Weekly/Daily reports
- Statistics and Graphs, for easy data visualization
- Modern and intuitive interface
- Low energy usage
- No Ads
(1) the monthly network usage traffic will soon exceed or exceeded alert the user from the set value is defined.
(2) the cost of , balance sheet date, automatically flow to zero of the previous month to recalculate.
(3) to provide daily and monthly 3G and WIFI traffic reports.
(4) to provide stand-alone program of traffic reports.
3G Defender is only available to upload and download totals not calculated separately,
Users to download only to billing, or upload before billing, 3G Defender Not suitable for use.
Keep 3G Switch on your screen and don't forget to recommend to your friends.
Your valuable comments are always welcome.
- Day / Night / Week / Month Data limits
- Turn on/off Mobile Data manually or automatically
- Scheduled tasks that allow to turn on/off Mobile Data at certain times or dates
- Speed tracking
- Android 5.0 Lollipop is not supported
For Android-2.2.x and earlier we use APN modifications to disable mobile data connection. But some phones do not support APN.
Try lite version first and make sure it works for you before buying
Also if you decide to uninstall this application make sure that Data connection is enabled, otherwise you will have to change the APN system settings manually.
LITE VERSION LIMITATIONS
Lite version contains advertisements
- VIEW NETWORK STATE - Required for displaying current network status
- WRITE ACCESS POINT NAME SETTINGS, CHANGE NETWORK CONNECTIVITY, MODIFY GLOBAL SYSTEM SETTINGS - Required for enabling/disabling mobile data by using APN
- MODIFY PHONE STATE - Required for enabling/disabling mobile data by using system settings
Lite version only:
- FULL INTERNET ACCESS - Required for crash reports and advertisements
- READ SENSITIVE LOG DATA, READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY - Required for gathering error report information
This application uses next components licensed by "Apache License 2.0": Quartz, Apache Projects & Libraries. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
With Best Regards,
Data Lock Team