For all those who are giving it 1 stars due to the alerts it didn't generate on Oct28th,I will be looking at the code and moving this app to a new server.So that it would work fine at any time.(It didn't generate alerts because its gets the feed from PTWC and not ATWC which is the one that sends alerts for US West Coast)
**** This app is not for those people living in California,Hawaii,Canada and Western Coast of North America****
This is only for Asian countries in Pacific,Australia and NewZealand!!!
Note 1: If you don't get Tsunami alerts it's more due to your network providers data connection
Note 2: There is no way this app would report false reports.It also reports information bulletins/watch messages(level3/level4 messages) which are not of that much significance.Always look out for level1/level2 messages!
Note 3:If you have battery saving apps like Juice defender this might not work as it constantly pings the server (You need to allow this app in Juice defender settings to allow internet acess)
Pacific Ocean is otherwise known as Ring of Fire as nearly 90% of the world's earthquakes and 80% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the cost of Pacific Ocean..Some of them are large enough like the one at Japan in March 2011 and they may cause destructive Tsunami's which may kill thousands of people along the Pacific coast.A Tsunami alert on your phone may help you to get informed before the disaster strikes..
Each Tsunami alert would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Take your own decision based upon the location of Tsunami and how far it's from your place.
People living in California,Oregon,Washington,British Colombia (Canada & United States) may have to rely to WCATC warnings apart from this...
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Pacific Ocean
Warnings are sorted by area (Pacific, Atlantic, etc.) or you can look up the All Tsunami Bulletins.
Plus find valuable information about Tsunami Awareness and Safety.
This app optimizes these publicly available news feeds and safety infos for the use on all mobile devices
*** Disclaimer ***
The Tsunami Warnings news feeds included in this app are based on the latest NOAA, the National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program and other official feeds. They may or may not be the most current forecast available from these official forecasting agencies. Remember to use this as a supplement to official sources only. The devolper of this app is not responsible for its ultimate use in the warnings.
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Tsunami".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts of Tsunami by following snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Tsunami
• Tsunami Formation
• Tsunami Waves
• How Coastal Flooding happens via Tsunami?
• Tsunami Warning Systems
• Historic Tsunamis
• Highest or Tallest Tsunami
• Deadliest Tsunami
• Causes of Earthquakes
• Tectonic Plates
• Focus and Epicenter
• Kinds of Earthquakes
• Physics of Waves
• Wave Motion
• Wave Types
• Ocean Waves
• Seismic Waves
• Body Waves
• Primary or "P" Waves
• Secondary or "S" Waves
• Surface Waves
Physics of Tsunami
• Physics of Tsunami
• Tsunami at Sea
• Energy Loss
• Normal Wave vs. Tsunami Wave
• Tsunami at the Beach
• Tsunami Cycle
• 1: Geological Event
• 2: Water Displaced
• 3: Wave Propagation
• 4: Tidal Waves
• Types of Tidal Waves
• Safety Tips for Tidal Waves and Storm Surge
Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Progressive Waves
• Wave Motions
• Formation of Tsunami
• Propagation of Tsunami
• Calculating Propagation Time of Tsunami
Tsunami Warning System
• Tsunami Warning System
• Modern Warning Systems
• Advantages of Warning System
• Drawbacks of Warning System
• Alert System
• Deep Sea Tsunami System
• Advantages of Coastal Alert Systems
• Tsunami Preparedness
• The Basic Things to Do
• If you are on Land
• If you are on a Boat
• What to do before and during a Tsunami?
• What to do after a Tsunami?
• Measuring Earthquakes
• Richter Scale
• The Richter scale equation and Earthquakes
• Mercalli Intensity Scale
• Tsunami and Earthquake Vocabulary
• Information Statement
• Seismic Waves
• Richter scale
• Sea Level
• Tectonic activity
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
ubAlert is a global social network that operates to save lives by sharing the knowledge of the world's citizens with those in danger.
Our ubAlert app gives you all the information you need when it comes to disasters happening across the world. With data collected from both verified sources and users like you, you’ll instantly have access to everything you need to know about an event. Alerts contain basic event details, impact statistics, maps, images, videos, and more. You can instantly share alerts with friends and family members to get them out of harm’s way via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The goal of this app is to create the world's largest, most reliable, all-hazard disaster alerting network by combining data from global institutions and data providers with crowd-sourced user accounts. Our global emergency warning platform validates the reliability of the reported content and then immediately alerts those who may be impacted, depending on the severity and location.
In the wake of the recent mega disasters (Indian Ocean Tsunami, Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, etc...) and numerous man-made fiascos (SARs scare, Terrorist Attacks, etc…), it's become painfully obvious that the existing alert systems aren't enough. These events claimed more innocent lives than they had to, and we've been wondering why. You’d think our cities, states, and countries would have figured out a better way to warn us by now.
So we decided to create a global social network to fill the gap. If even a single life is saved, it's been well worth the effort.
Why doesn't this exist already?
- The disaster information is simply not known (not enough reporters and instruments on the ground yet);
- Governments and institutions are reluctant to alert citizens (some fear liability, some fear panic, and others, because they are irresponsible);
- The problem is hard to solve: how do you know who and when to alert in such a complex global village?
ubAlert gives POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Imagine if an ordinary citizen could report only what she knows or sees, and have all who are interested instantly get informed. Suddenly, an initial report of a shooting in a neighborhood becomes an alert to all the neighbors, even ones she does not know yet. And imagine if there was a site that collected not only citizen's alerts, but that of other organizations around the world, and filtered and sent each alert according to the user's interests and potential impact! Wow, that will truly save lives! That's the plan.
How does it work?
All you have to do is to tell us what is happening, where, how serious the event is, and how large the impact area could be. Then, ubAlert checks to see who may be within the impact area you designed and is interested in the alert, and we send them an alert!
Yes, we do our best to get the right data from the right organizations, globally. But we cannot win this battle without YOU. This is how heroes are born from ordinary citizens who help other strangers!
The world will thank you for your participation, and may hail you as the "hero" who averted a potential disaster.
Basic Features include:
- Interactive map
- Sort events by severity / popularity / credibility
- Report an event and submit a photo or video
- Share events by email, or post links to Facebook and Twitter
- Save alerts to your “watch” list for quick viewing
- Adjust text size
- Provide feedback regarding credibility of the post to prevent fraudulent posts
- Adjust settings to display distance in kilometers or miles
Purchase an In-App Subscription to gain access to the following features:
- Get push notification alerts for events happening in your area
- Adjust your location settings, to a specific location and radius
- Sort alert list to view only alerts in your location
- Add important alerts to your watchlist for quick access
The Atlantic Weekly publishes at least 48 times a year. Editions of The Atlantic Weekly are available for purchase as single issues.
∙ Single copy issues for $1.99
About The Atlantic:
The Atlantic is a magazine of ideas, society, and culture that has helped stir vital national conversations since 1857. In print, on the Web, or on your smartphone or tablet, The Atlantic challenges, informs, and entertains readers with groundbreaking ideas and a distinctively unbiased approach.
This universal app is compatible with Android phones running Android 4.0 (Jellybean) and above.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.theatlantic.com/terms-and-conditions/
Additionally Geohazard can be used to immediately send eyewitness reports to an instance of the crowd-mapping platform Ushahidi. These reports, containing geographical information, damage estimations, event description and pictures, can be used to serve a better situation picture of a related event for interested parties.
Geohazard is a BETA version, yet. It has been designed, implemented and tested in a research project. Geohazard is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use. Feedback and suggestions for improvements are very welcome and can be sent directly via the 'About' menu item. Some, hopefully less important, issues are known already and will be addressed in future versions.
Earthquake data sources: BGS, BMKG, EMSC, GA, GDACS, GFZ, GNS, IPMA, IRIS, KOERI, NOA, NRCan, SGS, USGS
Cyclone data sources: GDACS
Flood data sources:GDACS
Tsunami data sources: NOAA WCATWC, NOAA PTWC Caribbean, NOAA PTWC Hawaii, NOAA PTWC Pacific
Volcano data sources: GNS, USGS
Keywords: earthquake, tsunami, flood, cyclone, volcano, natural hazard, ushahidi, alerts, reports, magnitude, saffir–simpson hurricane wind scale
With a Holo interface you can have the latest earthquakes, have notifications when they happen based on the time frequency you chose.
- Track latest earthquakes from around the world
- Notification Alerts
You will receive a notification when a earthquake happens, based on the frequency and magnitude you chose
- Select the minimum magnitude
- Three Holo themes to chose from
- No ads
- Receive a real time alert when a quake is detected and set a sound alarm.
- Report an earthquake that you felt and see the real time map with the reports of the other users and their messages related to the quake. Use the chat to share information about the quakes.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
- Receive real time E-MAIL notifications of the quakes reported within a radius from your position.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks. View the earthquakes on map with information on magnitude, depth, intensity and time.
USGS (U.S. Geological Survey): world
EMCS (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre): world
CSN (Centro Sismologico Nacional): Chile
INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia): Italy
IGN (Instituto Geográfico Nacional): Spain
CSI (China Seismic Information): China
JMA (Japanese Meteorological Agency): Japan
Ineter (Instituto Nicaragüense de Estudios Territoriales): Nicaragua
SSN (Servicio Sismológico Nacional): Mexico
SGC (Servicio Geológico Colombiano): Colombia
RSN (Red Sismológica Nacional): Costa Rica
- View the global tectonic plates.
- View the hazard of strong quakes globally.
- Check if the quake generated a tsunami in the ocean.
- View the population living in 3 different radius from the epicenter of each quake.
- Show high resolution maps of volcanoes (in beta version).
- Report the weather at your location and watch the weather reports of the other users.
Q: What is Earthquake Network?
A: Earthquake Network is the first Android application for detecting earthquakes through a global network of smartphones and pads. Moreover, it provides information on the earthquakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
Q: How does it work?
A: When the device detects the waves of a quake, the event is notified to a server along with your geographic position.
Q: What happens if I move my device?
A: Since the single device is not reliable, a quake is actually detected when many devices in the same area detect the quake at the same time.
Q: How do I use the app?
A: Start the application and use your device as always. The application works as a seismometer only when the device is placed over an horizontal surface, is charging and the screen is off.
Q: Does the app drain my battery?
A: No. The app is only running when the device is on charge.
Q: Does the app collect personal informations?
A: No. Only the geographic position is anonymously collected and it is deleted from the server after 10 minutes if no earthquakes are detected.
Q: Why should I keep Earthquake Network on my device?
A: Because the app can be useful to detect earthquakes only if it is installed on a large number of devices and it is free. Thanks for your cooperation!
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
- earthquake, latest Quakes, magnitude,Epicentml distance, seismic, USGS, EMSC, CEIC, FGZ, JMA, CWB, INGV
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
★ Earthquake magnitude, depth and age
★ Tectonic plates
★ Earthquake ticker showing strongest earthquakes
★ Tap quake label for more info and sharing
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom. Tap a label to see depth and time in ticker.
View earthquakes from last hour, day, 7 days or 30 days.
Data is from USGS.
NOTE: If the "time ago" is wrong for you - then check your phone time AND timezone in your phone settings.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.
We've also added support for Tsunami Alerts. Choose which of several regions (US West Coast/Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, Caribbean) you want to receive alerts for. Notifications of alerts will appear in your status bar and details are available in the Alert History. Alerts are obtained from the US NOAA national Weather Service feeds.
* Optional Tsunami Alerts
* Optional Zoom setting
* Configurable update frequency
* Portrait or Landscape mode
* Can scroll with screen touch motions, of be scroll-locked
Install application, then select as wallpaper (from Home, touch: Menu key, Wallpaper, Live wallpapers). On the Settings screen, choose your Location and any other options settings, then touch "Set wallpaper". At the home screen, the wallpaper will respond to your left/right/up/down gestures.
Image update is subject to availability of images from USGS.
Tsunami alerts are subject to availability of feeds from NOAA.
Disclaimer: Timely delivery of data and alerts by this application are dependent on the Internet and governament data providers and are not guaranteed.
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
This is a lightweight application. Choose whether or not and how often to run the earthquake notifier, and whether or not to use your location.
Messages will be directly sent from one phone to another using data connection.It enables private and secured conversation between any two individuals.
Sending a message:
To send a message to another phone just type the primary Gmail address of that phone,type your message and send it.
1.Both the phones should have this app installed
2.A working data connection is needed
3.If you have firewall enabled this app would never work!!
4.If you are using WiFi you need to have an external ip for this app to work
Message yourself to see whether it's working.If it's not then probably your firewall or your phone has a natted internal IP.
To come out of the application,Click on bottom help button and then home.
This apps works on sockets and Using WiFi you may able to send the messages but you may not be able to receive the messages as it would be filtered at firewall
(If you have doubts message,send a message via this app to email@example.com ,will try to reply back)
-No Registration is required and Free unlimited messages.
-Secure/Instant communication between any two individuals
-Instant Delivery of messages (unless the other phone doesn't have a working data connection)
-Messages are not stored on any servers.they are stored only on your phones.
-No costs involved.
-"Background Send" option which allows a delivery of messages incase of a failure.
-Messages are encrypted by AES 256 (One of the strongest encryption algorithms)
No Message failure as it works on data connection
This app would make it difficult for law enforcement and spy agencies to track what is being communicated between two phones as the messages sent are encrypted by a standard AES algorithm and the messages are not stored on any server.It allows secure communication between two phones without the fear of being tracked for their messages. (It's like BBM but more secure than it)
Note: We store only ips of the phones and we don't store any messages on the server.
1.Easy way to read techmeme links
2.Links can be shared via Facebook,Twitter,
3.Less time to load the content
It's based upon TextOnly Browser for Android.
TextOnly Browser - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.spacenext.textonly
Browser version - http://www.textonly.in
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
1.Loads Tweeted articles/links very fast
2.Displays only Readable content
3.Reduces Data usage
4.Reduces time taken to load the webpages
How it works?
Loads the mobile webpage of Twitter,Sign in with Twitter credentials and click on the link in Tweet to load the page in readable mode.To comeback to the main tweets list,just click on Back button once.
To share the tweeted link/article you can use share button on the webpage itself
1.Hear the Podcast of any webpage
2.Download the Podcasts and save it to your android.
3.In-built media player for playing the downloaded Podcasts
4.Stream the Podcasts without waiting for the downloads
Text to Speech: PlayText uses TTS engine for Android to stream the podcasts as well as sythensize the podcasts into media files.You need to have Text to Speech Engine installed on your android
Steps for streaming:
1.Enter a url and Click on Go
2.Select the articles and Click on play
3.Articles would be podcasted in the background
Steps for downloading
1.Enter the url and Click on Go
2.Select the articles and Click on Download Podcasts
3.Once the download is done,go to downloaded podcasts
4.Tap on any media file(podcast) to play it.
Supported:More than 90% of sites are supported except few.
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or email@example.com
This is Ads free version of the popular TextOnly Browser which has been mentioned in topsites.(See below)
NewYork Times -http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/technology/personaltech/in-2011-app-developers-turned-attention-to-android.html (Mentioned as one of the top 10 apps for 2011)
TechCrunch (Top Tech blog) http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/02/textonly-app-only-gives-you-the-good-part-of-most-websites/
Wired (Top blog):
1.Ease of reading articles on websites
2.Strips out unwanted content like Ads,CSS,sidebar,header
3.Reduces Data usage by 80-90%
4.Multiple modes of reading(RSS/Links/Normal)
5.Read TextOnly pages from Google searcg
6.Supports more than 90% of websites except few
7.Almost all sites with a good RSS feed are supported
8.Articles would be listed in a simple format
9.Now you can open any links on Twitter/Facebook/Any app using TextOnly
9.Bookmarks to access sites easily.
This app works on more than 90% of sites..Please email me or send me the feedback if the site your browsing is not compatible with my app before commenting here
Video in Brazilian top site :http://olhardigital.uol.com.br/produtos/central_de_videos/para-conexoes-lentas-elimine-fotos-pesadas-e-converta-sites-inteiros-em-texto
To view the browser version of it,visit http://textonly.in (This would work with any mobile browser_