Warnings are sorted by area (Pacific, Atlantic, etc.) or you can look up the All Tsunami Bulletins.
Plus find valuable information about Tsunami Awareness and Safety.
This app optimizes these publicly available news feeds and safety infos for the use on all mobile devices
*** Disclaimer ***
The Tsunami Warnings news feeds included in this app are based on the latest NOAA, the National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program and other official feeds. They may or may not be the most current forecast available from these official forecasting agencies. Remember to use this as a supplement to official sources only. The devolper of this app is not responsible for its ultimate use in the warnings.
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Tsunami".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts of Tsunami by following snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Tsunami
• Tsunami Formation
• Tsunami Waves
• How Coastal Flooding happens via Tsunami?
• Tsunami Warning Systems
• Historic Tsunamis
• Highest or Tallest Tsunami
• Deadliest Tsunami
• Causes of Earthquakes
• Tectonic Plates
• Focus and Epicenter
• Kinds of Earthquakes
• Physics of Waves
• Wave Motion
• Wave Types
• Ocean Waves
• Seismic Waves
• Body Waves
• Primary or "P" Waves
• Secondary or "S" Waves
• Surface Waves
Physics of Tsunami
• Physics of Tsunami
• Tsunami at Sea
• Energy Loss
• Normal Wave vs. Tsunami Wave
• Tsunami at the Beach
• Tsunami Cycle
• 1: Geological Event
• 2: Water Displaced
• 3: Wave Propagation
• 4: Tidal Waves
• Types of Tidal Waves
• Safety Tips for Tidal Waves and Storm Surge
Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Progressive Waves
• Wave Motions
• Formation of Tsunami
• Propagation of Tsunami
• Calculating Propagation Time of Tsunami
Tsunami Warning System
• Tsunami Warning System
• Modern Warning Systems
• Advantages of Warning System
• Drawbacks of Warning System
• Alert System
• Deep Sea Tsunami System
• Advantages of Coastal Alert Systems
• Tsunami Preparedness
• The Basic Things to Do
• If you are on Land
• If you are on a Boat
• What to do before and during a Tsunami?
• What to do after a Tsunami?
• Measuring Earthquakes
• Richter Scale
• The Richter scale equation and Earthquakes
• Mercalli Intensity Scale
• Tsunami and Earthquake Vocabulary
• Information Statement
• Seismic Waves
• Richter scale
• Sea Level
• Tectonic activity
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Localidades con cobertura:
- Ciudad de México
- Estado de México
Consulta los sismos de México y de todo el mundo.
Observa "En Vivo" al Popocatépetl a través de nuestras webcams.
Consulta las noticias generadas por la agencia de medios SkyAlert.
- Modo de Alerta Recibida: Se mejoró el rendimiento del servicio tras recibir una alerta sísmica.
- Se han corregido bugs menores.
- Receive a real time alert when a quake is detected and set a sound alarm.
- Report an earthquake that you felt and see the real time map with the reports of the other users and their messages related to the quake. Use the chat to share information about the quakes.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
- Receive real time E-MAIL notifications of the quakes reported within a radius from your position.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks. View the earthquakes on map with information on magnitude, depth, intensity and time.
USGS (U.S. Geological Survey): world
EMCS (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre): world
CSN (Centro Sismologico Nacional): Chile
INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia): Italy
IGN (Instituto Geográfico Nacional): Spain
CSI (China Seismic Information): China
JMA (Japanese Meteorological Agency): Japan
Ineter (Instituto Nicaragüense de Estudios Territoriales): Nicaragua
SSN (Servicio Sismológico Nacional): Mexico
SGC (Servicio Geológico Colombiano): Colombia
RSN (Red Sismológica Nacional): Costa Rica
- View the global tectonic plates.
- View the hazard of strong quakes globally.
- Check if the quake generated a tsunami in the ocean.
- View the population living in 3 different radius from the epicenter of each quake.
- Show high resolution maps of volcanoes (in beta version).
- Report the weather at your location and watch the weather reports of the other users.
Q: What is Earthquake Network?
A: Earthquake Network is the first Android application for detecting earthquakes through a global network of smartphones and pads. Moreover, it provides information on the earthquakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
Q: How does it work?
A: When the device detects the waves of a quake, the event is notified to a server along with your geographic position.
Q: What happens if I move my device?
A: Since the single device is not reliable, a quake is actually detected when many devices in the same area detect the quake at the same time.
Q: How do I use the app?
A: Start the application and use your device as always. The application works as a seismometer only when the device is placed over an horizontal surface, is charging and the screen is off.
Q: Does the app drain my battery?
A: No. The app is only running when the device is on charge.
Q: Does the app collect personal informations?
A: No. Only the geographic position is anonymously collected and it is deleted from the server after 10 minutes if no earthquakes are detected.
Q: Why should I keep Earthquake Network on my device?
A: Because the app can be useful to detect earthquakes only if it is installed on a large number of devices and it is free. Thanks for your cooperation!
- Esta aplicación es referencial y no pretende ser un medio de alerta temprana para futuros eventos sísmicos.
- La información desplegada corresponde a informes oficiales emitidos por el Servicio de Sismología de la Universidad de Chile.
- El tiempo que toma publicar un evento tiene directa relación con el tiempo que demore en ser emitido un informe oficial.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
- earthquake, latest Quakes, magnitude,Epicentml distance, seismic, USGS, EMSC, CEIC, FGZ, JMA, CWB, INGV
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
Additionally Geohazard can be used to immediately send eyewitness reports to an instance of the crowd-mapping platform Ushahidi. These reports, containing geographical information, damage estimations, event description and pictures, can be used to serve a better situation picture of a related event for interested parties.
Geohazard is a BETA version, yet. It has been designed, implemented and tested in a research project. Geohazard is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use. Feedback and suggestions for improvements are very welcome and can be sent directly via the 'About' menu item. Some, hopefully less important, issues are known already and will be addressed in future versions.
Earthquake data sources: BGS, BMKG, EMSC, GA, GDACS, GFZ, GNS, IPMA, IRIS, KOERI, NOA, NRCan, SGS, USGS
Cyclone data sources: GDACS
Flood data sources:GDACS
Tsunami data sources: NOAA WCATWC, NOAA PTWC Caribbean, NOAA PTWC Hawaii, NOAA PTWC Pacific
Volcano data sources: GNS, USGS
Keywords: earthquake, tsunami, flood, cyclone, volcano, natural hazard, ushahidi, alerts, reports, magnitude, saffir–simpson hurricane wind scale
The current version will no longer be available for Gingerbread handsets. However, the previous version 2.1 for Gingerbread can be side loaded from this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/tti3qlmzohxr3hd/Disastermon-2.1.apk.
·Detalla Fecha, hora, magnitud, lugar, epicentro, profundidad, distancia y agencia que informó cada sismo.
·Permite filtrar sismos por distancia, magnitud, fecha.
·Permite visualizar cada sismo sobre un mapa.
·Permite compartir la información de cada sismo a través de aplicaciones instaladas.
Notifica sismos significativos registrados y/o percibidos en Argentina:
·Envía notificaciones de sismos significativos.
·Notificaciones configurables para emitir alerta sonora y/o vibratoria.
Obtención de datos de múltiples agencias de información sísmicas:
·Inpres: Instituto Nacional de Prevención Sísmica. (Argentina)
·SSUCH: Servicio Sismológico Universidad de Chile. (Chile)
·EMSC-CSEM:Centro Sismológico Europeo-Mediterráneo. (Europa)
Muestra información de Twitter relacionada con sismos registrados en Argentina:
·Permite filtrar tweets por fecha.
·Permite compartir la información de cada tweet a través de aplicaciones instaladas.
Publicación de sismos en Facebook:
·Permite postear en el muro de Facebook información de sismos, incluyendo imagen de mapa.
AlertMap is a free real-time GLOBAL messaging app that allows users to easily share information, for everyone in the world to see.
It is helpful for those in affected areas of Japan to have access to real-time data, whether it is pictures of damage or unidentified people. By helping with the flow of real-time information, we hope AlertMap will help in the effort, and provide a new and efficient means of communication when traditional channels are stressed or lacking.
Interestingly, the earthquake was preceded by a series of large foreshocks in the previous two days, beginning on March 9 with a nearby M 7.2 event, followed by three other M>6 foreshocks before the M 9.0 occurred on March 11.
AlertMap in but one channel of the YodaMap platform for the Android OS. Other channels include: VoterMap, FreedomMap, ChatMap, FaceMap, SportsMap, FoodMap, PhotoMap, PetMap, and others. Earthquake, Japan, Tsunami, Nuclear, Meltdown, Accident.
Please send suggestions to email@example.com. Let's help each other. Gambaro!
This is Ads free version of the popular TextOnly Browser which has been mentioned in topsites.(See below)
NewYork Times -http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/technology/personaltech/in-2011-app-developers-turned-attention-to-android.html (Mentioned as one of the top 10 apps for 2011)
TechCrunch (Top Tech blog) http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/02/textonly-app-only-gives-you-the-good-part-of-most-websites/
Wired (Top blog):
1.Ease of reading articles on websites
2.Strips out unwanted content like Ads,CSS,sidebar,header
3.Reduces Data usage by 80-90%
4.Multiple modes of reading(RSS/Links/Normal)
5.Read TextOnly pages from Google searcg
6.Supports more than 90% of websites except few
7.Almost all sites with a good RSS feed are supported
8.Articles would be listed in a simple format
9.Now you can open any links on Twitter/Facebook/Any app using TextOnly
9.Bookmarks to access sites easily.
This app works on more than 90% of sites..Please email me or send me the feedback if the site your browsing is not compatible with my app before commenting here
Video in Brazilian top site :http://olhardigital.uol.com.br/produtos/central_de_videos/para-conexoes-lentas-elimine-fotos-pesadas-e-converta-sites-inteiros-em-texto
To view the browser version of it,visit http://textonly.in (This would work with any mobile browser_
There is a higher probability of Tsunami in Atlantic similar to that of Dec 2004 Tsunami in Indian Ocean.On November 1,1755 - A Tsunami in Atlantic Ocean wiped out the entire city of Lisbon in Portugal!!And the Tsunami's in Atlantic ocean may also affect nearly the whole of US East Coast,Canada and Europe.Added to this there is a fault line which runs through the centre of Atlantic ocean and there has been not a major earthquake of over 7.5 in the last 90 years.So there is every possibility of a Tsunami in that region in future.
Each Tsunami alert notification would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Caribbean sea.(Atlantic Ocean)
1.Easy way to read techmeme links
2.Links can be shared via Facebook,Twitter,
3.Less time to load the content
It's based upon TextOnly Browser for Android.
TextOnly Browser - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.spacenext.textonly
Browser version - http://www.textonly.in
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
Messages will be directly sent from one phone to another using data connection.It enables private and secured conversation between any two individuals.
Sending a message:
To send a message to another phone just type the primary Gmail address of that phone,type your message and send it.
1.Both the phones should have this app installed
2.A working data connection is needed
3.If you have firewall enabled this app would never work!!
4.If you are using WiFi you need to have an external ip for this app to work
Message yourself to see whether it's working.If it's not then probably your firewall or your phone has a natted internal IP.
To come out of the application,Click on bottom help button and then home.
This apps works on sockets and Using WiFi you may able to send the messages but you may not be able to receive the messages as it would be filtered at firewall
(If you have doubts message,send a message via this app to email@example.com ,will try to reply back)
-No Registration is required and Free unlimited messages.
-Secure/Instant communication between any two individuals
-Instant Delivery of messages (unless the other phone doesn't have a working data connection)
-Messages are not stored on any servers.they are stored only on your phones.
-No costs involved.
-"Background Send" option which allows a delivery of messages incase of a failure.
-Messages are encrypted by AES 256 (One of the strongest encryption algorithms)
No Message failure as it works on data connection
This app would make it difficult for law enforcement and spy agencies to track what is being communicated between two phones as the messages sent are encrypted by a standard AES algorithm and the messages are not stored on any server.It allows secure communication between two phones without the fear of being tracked for their messages. (It's like BBM but more secure than it)
Note: We store only ips of the phones and we don't store any messages on the server.
1.Loads Tweeted articles/links very fast
2.Displays only Readable content
3.Reduces Data usage
4.Reduces time taken to load the webpages
How it works?
Loads the mobile webpage of Twitter,Sign in with Twitter credentials and click on the link in Tweet to load the page in readable mode.To comeback to the main tweets list,just click on Back button once.
To share the tweeted link/article you can use share button on the webpage itself
1.Hear the Podcast of any webpage
2.Download the Podcasts and save it to your android.
3.In-built media player for playing the downloaded Podcasts
4.Stream the Podcasts without waiting for the downloads
Text to Speech: PlayText uses TTS engine for Android to stream the podcasts as well as sythensize the podcasts into media files.You need to have Text to Speech Engine installed on your android
Steps for streaming:
1.Enter a url and Click on Go
2.Select the articles and Click on play
3.Articles would be podcasted in the background
Steps for downloading
1.Enter the url and Click on Go
2.Select the articles and Click on Download Podcasts
3.Once the download is done,go to downloaded podcasts
4.Tap on any media file(podcast) to play it.
Supported:More than 90% of sites are supported except few.
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org