Warnings are sorted by area (Pacific, Atlantic, etc.) or you can look up the All Tsunami Bulletins.
Plus find valuable information about Tsunami Awareness and Safety.
This app optimizes these publicly available news feeds and safety infos for the use on all mobile devices
*** Disclaimer ***
The Tsunami Warnings news feeds included in this app are based on the latest NOAA, the National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program and other official feeds. They may or may not be the most current forecast available from these official forecasting agencies. Remember to use this as a supplement to official sources only. The devolper of this app is not responsible for its ultimate use in the warnings.
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Localidades con cobertura:
- Ciudad de México
- Estado de México
Consulta los sismos de México y de todo el mundo.
Observa "En Vivo" al Popocatépetl a través de nuestras webcams.
Consulta las noticias generadas por la agencia de medios SkyAlert.
- Modo de Alerta Recibida: Se mejoró el rendimiento del servicio tras recibir una alerta sísmica.
- Se han corregido bugs menores.
-Receive Earthquake Alerts before seismic waves arrive in Mexico City. The earthquake has to be in Guerrero with a magnitude of more or equal than 6.0
-Get information about preliminary magnitude
- See a list of recent earthquakes in Mexico
Emergency AUS delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia. The ‘must have’ app for all Australians and visitors to help you get informed and stay up-to-date with emergencies that can impact you and your loved ones.
Providing you with real-time access to official warnings, incident reports and public Sensory Observations™ to aid in better decision making during emergencies and disasters. By bringing together emergency information from over 25 emergency service agencies and accessing observations submitted by the public, Emergency AUS delivers unparalleled emergency intelligence to residents, tourists and visitors.
Official emergency information is sourced from state and territory emergency services and provided in real-time.
• View information on the map or in a list
• Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
• Filter lists and map display by incident status, warning level or State/Territory
• National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
• Links to the official information sources provided
• Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
• Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including:
- Structure Fire
- Planned Burns
- Smoke hazard
- Hazardous Material
• Map Overlays to display:
- Rain Radar
- Fire perimeters
- Cyclone impact projections
- Thunderstorm tracker
- Fire Danger Ratings
- Warning areas
- Total Fire Ban coverage
Emergency AUS empowers you to capture, record and share information about emergency conditions impacting you. By sharing real-time observations, you help keep others informed which can make all the difference in making a safe decision.
• Access public observations (including photos) to increase your awareness
• Share what you know about an emergency to help keep others informed
• All observations represented on the map to help assess what is relevant to you
• Observations submitted by sense (see, hear, feel, smell)
• Observation categories include:
- Incident Observations
- Damage Observations
- Community Support
- Weather Events or Hazards
• Set a watch area to keep an eye on warnings and incidents in your area of interest
• Receive alerts directly to your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Advanced double pass analysis provides the most comprehensive assessment of a warning’s validity to your watch areas
• Variable shaped watch areas – once registered on www.emergencyaus.info, you can draw any shape to define your watch area to ensure you only receive information relevant to you
• View your watch areas on the incident map
• Choose whether to receive only warning, incident or all notifications
• On the road, on the move, on holidays? Receive notifications for emergency events based on the location of your mobile device
• Once activated, Emergency AUS v2 will send you information on emergency incidents and warnings close to you anywhere in Australia
You cannot be sure you are free from harm's way by only using the information provided by Emergency AUS. Always remember, your safety is your responsibility.
Built by GRIDSTONE.
Powered by RIPE Intelligence's Australian emergency information network.
Further integrated emergency information available at www.emergencyaus.info
LA ÚNICA APP QUE SÍ RECIBE LA ALERTA SÍSMICA AHORA DISPONIBLE PARA ANDROID
- La más reciente Alerta fue el 18 de Abril de 2014.
- Se retransmitió a los móviles suscritos en tan sólo 1.2 segundos.
- Hemos mejorado el sistema de envío para disminuir la pérdida de notificaciones.
- REQUIERE COMPRA IN-APP PARA DESBLOQUEO DE FUNCIÓN DE ALERTA SÍSMICA.
- Esta aplicación es una repetidora de la señal de Alerta Sísmica que se transmite por estación de radio meteorológica (NOAA) en la Ciudad de México.
- Siempre que se emita la señal por parte del Cires A.C., nosotros la retrasmitiremos a sus móviles.
- No requiere estar en ejecución constante, sólo debe estar instalada.
- Requiere acceso a Internet vía WiFi o 3G y capacidad de recibir notificaciones Push.
- Esta app no está relacionada con el Cires A.C., ni con el Gobierno del DF.
• Recibe noticias de amenazas climáticas o desastres naturales en México.
• Recibe diariamente los pronósticos meteorológicos más relevantes para el país.
• Lista actualizada de los más recientes eventos sísmicos registrados en México por el SSN de México.
• Reportes del Sistema de Alerta Sísmica.
• Recibe vía PUSH la Alerta Sísmica para el Valle de México emitida por el CIRES A.C.
• Sonido de Alerta Sísmica y Simulacro con volumen máximo aún en modo silencio.
• Comparte los contenidos publicados en redes sociales.
Preguntas frecuentes y sus respuestas en: http://alertasismica-df.com/static/soporte/index.html
¡La app mas popular de noticias y servicios para la Ciudad de Mexico completamente rediseñada! Mejores gráficos, navegación más sencilla, app más estable, y optimizada para smartphones modernos
Como lo viste en: Televisa: "App para sobrevivir en el DF" - World Summit Awards: "La mejor aplicación de Medios y Noticias móviles de Mexico" - El Universal: "Aplicación móvil ganadora" - CNN Expansión: "App móvil para estar preparado" - Reforma: "Hace la diferencia en momentos críticos"
• Entérate rápidamente de las noticias mientras esperas en una cita, en el metrobus, o unos minutos antes de dormir
• Checa cómo está el tráfico en tu ruta al momento
• Ubica estaciones de Metro, Metrobús, y Ecobicis cercanas a donde te encuentres
• Compra y vende gadgets, autos, inmuebles, servicios, y más
• Encuentra servicios cercanos, como sitios de taxis, gasolineras, cajeros y estacionamientos
• Con UrbanAdvantage recibe reseñas de exhibiciones, descubre lugares y ofertas especiales justo cuando estás en el área o una tienda participante.
• Nueva sección: UrbanPay compra tiempo aire y paga muchos servicios desde tu celular, en cualquier momento y de manera segura.
• Nueva sección: UrbanWifi encuentra miles de lugares con WiFi público en tu ciudad.
Favor de enviar comentarios o sugerencias a firstname.lastname@example.org
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Tsunami".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts of Tsunami by following snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Tsunami
• Tsunami Formation
• Tsunami Waves
• How Coastal Flooding happens via Tsunami?
• Tsunami Warning Systems
• Historic Tsunamis
• Highest or Tallest Tsunami
• Deadliest Tsunami
• Causes of Earthquakes
• Tectonic Plates
• Focus and Epicenter
• Kinds of Earthquakes
• Physics of Waves
• Wave Motion
• Wave Types
• Ocean Waves
• Seismic Waves
• Body Waves
• Primary or "P" Waves
• Secondary or "S" Waves
• Surface Waves
Physics of Tsunami
• Physics of Tsunami
• Tsunami at Sea
• Energy Loss
• Normal Wave vs. Tsunami Wave
• Tsunami at the Beach
• Tsunami Cycle
• 1: Geological Event
• 2: Water Displaced
• 3: Wave Propagation
• 4: Tidal Waves
• Types of Tidal Waves
• Safety Tips for Tidal Waves and Storm Surge
Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Tsunami Wave Propagation
• Progressive Waves
• Wave Motions
• Formation of Tsunami
• Propagation of Tsunami
• Calculating Propagation Time of Tsunami
Tsunami Warning System
• Tsunami Warning System
• Modern Warning Systems
• Advantages of Warning System
• Drawbacks of Warning System
• Alert System
• Deep Sea Tsunami System
• Advantages of Coastal Alert Systems
• Tsunami Preparedness
• The Basic Things to Do
• If you are on Land
• If you are on a Boat
• What to do before and during a Tsunami?
• What to do after a Tsunami?
• Measuring Earthquakes
• Richter Scale
• The Richter scale equation and Earthquakes
• Mercalli Intensity Scale
• Tsunami and Earthquake Vocabulary
• Information Statement
• Seismic Waves
• Richter scale
• Sea Level
• Tectonic activity
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
- Esta aplicación es referencial y no pretende ser un medio de alerta temprana para futuros eventos sísmicos.
- La información desplegada corresponde a informes oficiales emitidos por el Servicio de Sismología de la Universidad de Chile.
- El tiempo que toma publicar un evento tiene directa relación con el tiempo que demore en ser emitido un informe oficial.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
- earthquake, latest Quakes, magnitude,Epicentml distance, seismic, USGS, EMSC, CEIC, FGZ, JMA, CWB, INGV
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email email@example.com
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
AlertMap is a free real-time GLOBAL messaging app that allows users to easily share information, for everyone in the world to see.
It is helpful for those in affected areas of Japan to have access to real-time data, whether it is pictures of damage or unidentified people. By helping with the flow of real-time information, we hope AlertMap will help in the effort, and provide a new and efficient means of communication when traditional channels are stressed or lacking.
Interestingly, the earthquake was preceded by a series of large foreshocks in the previous two days, beginning on March 9 with a nearby M 7.2 event, followed by three other M>6 foreshocks before the M 9.0 occurred on March 11.
AlertMap in but one channel of the YodaMap platform for the Android OS. Other channels include: VoterMap, FreedomMap, ChatMap, FaceMap, SportsMap, FoodMap, PhotoMap, PetMap, and others. Earthquake, Japan, Tsunami, Nuclear, Meltdown, Accident.
Please send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's help each other. Gambaro!
1.Easy way to read techmeme links
2.Links can be shared via Facebook,Twitter,
3.Less time to load the content
It's based upon TextOnly Browser for Android.
TextOnly Browser - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.spacenext.textonly
Browser version - http://www.textonly.in
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or email@example.com
There is a higher probability of Tsunami in Atlantic similar to that of Dec 2004 Tsunami in Indian Ocean.On November 1,1755 - A Tsunami in Atlantic Ocean wiped out the entire city of Lisbon in Portugal!!And the Tsunami's in Atlantic ocean may also affect nearly the whole of US East Coast,Canada and Europe.Added to this there is a fault line which runs through the centre of Atlantic ocean and there has been not a major earthquake of over 7.5 in the last 90 years.So there is every possibility of a Tsunami in that region in future.
Each Tsunami alert notification would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Caribbean sea.(Atlantic Ocean)
Messages will be directly sent from one phone to another using data connection.It enables private and secured conversation between any two individuals.
Sending a message:
To send a message to another phone just type the primary Gmail address of that phone,type your message and send it.
1.Both the phones should have this app installed
2.A working data connection is needed
3.If you have firewall enabled this app would never work!!
4.If you are using WiFi you need to have an external ip for this app to work
Message yourself to see whether it's working.If it's not then probably your firewall or your phone has a natted internal IP.
To come out of the application,Click on bottom help button and then home.
This apps works on sockets and Using WiFi you may able to send the messages but you may not be able to receive the messages as it would be filtered at firewall
(If you have doubts message,send a message via this app to firstname.lastname@example.org ,will try to reply back)
-No Registration is required and Free unlimited messages.
-Secure/Instant communication between any two individuals
-Instant Delivery of messages (unless the other phone doesn't have a working data connection)
-Messages are not stored on any servers.they are stored only on your phones.
-No costs involved.
-"Background Send" option which allows a delivery of messages incase of a failure.
-Messages are encrypted by AES 256 (One of the strongest encryption algorithms)
No Message failure as it works on data connection
This app would make it difficult for law enforcement and spy agencies to track what is being communicated between two phones as the messages sent are encrypted by a standard AES algorithm and the messages are not stored on any server.It allows secure communication between two phones without the fear of being tracked for their messages. (It's like BBM but more secure than it)
Note: We store only ips of the phones and we don't store any messages on the server.
This is Ads free version of the popular TextOnly Browser which has been mentioned in topsites.(See below)
NewYork Times -http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/technology/personaltech/in-2011-app-developers-turned-attention-to-android.html (Mentioned as one of the top 10 apps for 2011)
TechCrunch (Top Tech blog) http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/02/textonly-app-only-gives-you-the-good-part-of-most-websites/
Wired (Top blog):
1.Ease of reading articles on websites
2.Strips out unwanted content like Ads,CSS,sidebar,header
3.Reduces Data usage by 80-90%
4.Multiple modes of reading(RSS/Links/Normal)
5.Read TextOnly pages from Google searcg
6.Supports more than 90% of websites except few
7.Almost all sites with a good RSS feed are supported
8.Articles would be listed in a simple format
9.Now you can open any links on Twitter/Facebook/Any app using TextOnly
9.Bookmarks to access sites easily.
This app works on more than 90% of sites..Please email me or send me the feedback if the site your browsing is not compatible with my app before commenting here
Video in Brazilian top site :http://olhardigital.uol.com.br/produtos/central_de_videos/para-conexoes-lentas-elimine-fotos-pesadas-e-converta-sites-inteiros-em-texto
To view the browser version of it,visit http://textonly.in (This would work with any mobile browser_
1.Loads Tweeted articles/links very fast
2.Displays only Readable content
3.Reduces Data usage
4.Reduces time taken to load the webpages
How it works?
Loads the mobile webpage of Twitter,Sign in with Twitter credentials and click on the link in Tweet to load the page in readable mode.To comeback to the main tweets list,just click on Back button once.
To share the tweeted link/article you can use share button on the webpage itself
1.Hear the Podcast of any webpage
2.Download the Podcasts and save it to your android.
3.In-built media player for playing the downloaded Podcasts
4.Stream the Podcasts without waiting for the downloads
Text to Speech: PlayText uses TTS engine for Android to stream the podcasts as well as sythensize the podcasts into media files.You need to have Text to Speech Engine installed on your android
Steps for streaming:
1.Enter a url and Click on Go
2.Select the articles and Click on play
3.Articles would be podcasted in the background
Steps for downloading
1.Enter the url and Click on Go
2.Select the articles and Click on Download Podcasts
3.Once the download is done,go to downloaded podcasts
4.Tap on any media file(podcast) to play it.
Supported:More than 90% of sites are supported except few.
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or email@example.com