Ensemble Courses is UPSC EXAM preparation app. It is a self-paced and directed learning platform specifically designed for present and future aspirants of UPSC.
This will help you stay on top in every subject with courses from India’s best teachers including K. Siddhartha, using state of the art technology for visualization. Below is the list of courses available for IAS MAIN & PRELIMS EXAM 2018
1. Population Geography- This is one of the simple components of the UPSC Mains syllabus. Going through this part of the syllabus religiously will help you score15-25 marks not only in Paper I but in Paper II also.
2. Economic Geography - This is one of the important components of the UPSC Geography Mains syllabus. You can expect at least 3-4 questions in Paper I of Geography Optional.
3.Settlement Geography - This course is organized into four sections—Cities, the Urban System, Urbanization, and Urban Issues.
4. Models, Theories And Laws In Human Geography - This is a theoretical, and purely Geographical topic. The chapters are viewpoints of different geographers, which follow a set structure for every theories.
5. PERSPECTIVES IN HUMAN GEOGRAPHY - This is a pure blue-blooded geography topic with no correlationship or interrelationship with any topic anywhere. It is the most difficult topic in the entire syllabus and requires a very good language to explain
6. GEOMORPHOLOGY - This is the most technical and scientific topic of Geography optional Paper-I. The topic is derivative from General Geology. The entire section of Geomorphology is conceptual, less analytical, factual, very illustrative and scientific. Geography doesn’t study Geomorphology in a scientific manner; it studies in a descriptive manner.
9. BIO ENVIRONMENTAL GEOGRAPHY - This is an amalgamated section comprising Biogeography and Environmental geography section of UPSC Geography syllabus.
10. INDIA: PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL EVENTS, CONTEMPORARY ISSUES -
This is an amalgamated section comprising Biogeography and Environmental geography section of UPSC Geography syllabus. The section has been combined because of close association between these two subjects and the overlapping relationship between them.
11. India Resources -
This is a small section of Indian Geography. Perhaps the smallest of all sections in Indian Geography. The section forms the second MOST important base after India Physical for the study of whole of Indian Geography.
12. INDIA: RURAL GEOGRAPHY & AGRICULTURE -
Indian Agricultural has been completely clubbed with Rural Geography of India comprising of rural areas and its settlement. Indian Agriculture as part of Indian Geography expects the students to follow geographical and ecological approach but almost always combining it with economics approach. The study of Indian agriculture forms the core of the study of Indian Geography and GS as well.
13. INDIAN INDUSTRY -
This is part of Indian Geography is obviously with a geographical and spatial perspective. The section has some topics of Indian Economy, by all in all with an approach that answers three questions.-Where, Why and How.
14.INDIA TRANSPORT -
The transport section of Indian Geography is a mixture of Indian Economy and Indian geography. It helps not only in Indian Geography but equally so in GS Paper-III.
15. INDIA POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY -
This is the most dynamic section of Indian Geography and it is also the most current affairs based topic as well. It is an amalgamation of Political Science, Geopolitics as well as Current Affairs.
16. REGIONAL PLANNING PAPER-1, & PAPER-2, INDIA -
This is best studied in an amalgamated manner since a theory paper finds itself applied in Indian conditions. The paper essentially studies the impact of various plans and policies of the Government as well as application of various concept and theories.
17. INDIA CONTEMPORARY ISSUES