Touch-Words offers a visual-based approach to help children who are at the first stage of learning to talk and to read.
• Specifically designed for children who may have difficulty learning to talk and to read, such as those with autism, Down syndrome, and other visual learners.
• Cause and effect: touch the picture to see and hear the word.
• Includes 28 illustrations, with matching written and spoken words, and choice of lower or upper case letters.
• Contains no ads, in-app purchases or external links, collects no data, and doesn’t require an Internet connection.
• Includes text and clearly-spoken words in 26 languages: English (US, UK and Australian), Afrikaans, Albanian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Welsh.
Once your child has become familiar with the words in Touch-Words, you can continue to help them with the aid of our multi award winning follow-on app, Special Words, which features:
• The same 28 pictures, words, and audio, plus 68 more, in the same 26 languages
• Activities matching pictures, written and spoken words
• Quick and easy facilities for adding your own pictures, text and audio and sharing them between devices
• A range of configuration options to adapt the activities as your child develops
Special iApps is a multi-award-winning nonprofit social enterprise that specializes in creating apps for those with learning disabilities and additional needs.