This viewer is designed as a companion product to RootsMagic, the award-winning desktop genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
* Uses your actual RootsMagic files- no conversion needed
* Easily put your family history files on your device through DropBox
* Keep as many files as you want right on your device
* Use the free desktop software to convert other genealogy files including PAF, Family Tree Maker, Legacy Family Tree, and GEDCOM into viewable RootsMagic files.
* Pedigree, Family, Descendant, and Individual Views to quickly explore your family tree
* Browse people by surname and given names
* Search ancestors by name or record number
* View media, notes, and sources for people, families, events, and facts
* Source list
* To-do lists
* Research Logs
* Media Lists
* Address Book
* Repository List
* Correspondence List
* Place List
* Perpetual calendar
* Date calculator
* Relationship calculator
* Soundex calculator
Note: Requires RootsMagic desktop family tree software or the free RootsMagic Essentials software to create, edit, or add to your genealogy files.
This app contains the following information:
1) Why You Need To Explore Your Past.
2) How To Find Out More About Your Past.
3) What Genealogy Tools Can Help You.
4) Interact With Other People And Get Tips And Help.
5) Genealogy Video Instructions.
6) And More...
You will get both videos and written genealogy help with this free app. DOWNLOAD NOW >>>
However, with every endeavor there is always an obstacle and many ancestry traces have been unsuccessful because of cold trails or a simple lack of knowledge and the right tools and methods. This App - A New Manual on Genealogy Published on the finer points of genealogy may just be the answer to these problems.
**Tracing Your Family Roots with Genealogy: Uncovering Your Ancestry
If you’re interested in tracing your roots but have no idea where to start, all the answers you need are in Genealogy: Uncovering Your Ancestry. This App is a virtual map to anyone’s family history, and you can start reading it right this minute!
Through Genealogy: Uncovering Your Ancestry, you’ll learn a lot of tips that not even your most history-inclined-relative relative will be able to tell you. With this App, you’ll be able to discover all the important tools you need as you search for the best memory lanes to travel through. You’ll also be able to learn about the following:
Do You or Do You Not Need a Genealogist – This is a difficult question to answer if it’s your first time to attempt tracing your genealogy. This App, however, can give you a shortcut method to determine whether or not spending money for the services of a genealogist is a necessity…or the lazy way out.
Unlikely Sources of Help – Have you ever thought that something like the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints would be able to help you in your historical quest? And indeed it can and will, and you’ll learn exactly how when you download this App!
Getting an Overview – Success is always easier to obtain if you already know what to expect. With Genealogy: Uncovering Your Ancestry, you’ll be able to know exactly what possible obstacles could hinder your way to the past and what options you have to solve each and every dilemma you encounter. You’ll also learn about all the benefits you can enjoy just by tracing your genealogy (and these benefits are sure to be handy when you’re losing hope and you’re looking for a source of inspiration).
View any GEDCOM file exported from a genealogy program or from the internet. An automated search tool finds all GEDCOM files on your device.
Use it to explore individuals and their families, ancestors and descendants.
Take notes while you are working in records offices, libraries, or in the field, and export them later so that you can print them or paste them into other genealogy programs.
Progeniture is FREE for non-commercial use. There are no annoying pop-ups, and no advertising of any kind. The author produced the software for his own personal use and offers it for use by other family historians, at no cost, providing that they do not use it for monetary gain. The license conditions will be displayed when you first run the Progeniture app – please read them carefully. If you do want to use Progeniture in connection with your professional activities the author would appreciate a small contribution to the development costs – contact email@example.com for details.
Lets you annotate your tree with on-site notes, including photos (graves, primary docs, etc.), and send them to your home machine via GMail.
The App is fast, robust, and complete. It has been tested on files up to 20MB (65,000 names).
If you need to try before you buy, there is a fully functional (time-limited) trial version available. (Scroll down to "View more applications" to find it on the Market.)
- GEDCOM 5.5.1 plus support for many custom tags
- ASCII, ANSI, ANSEL, UTF-8 character sets
- Multiple family files
- New family files can be created from scratch
- Family View, Pedigree View, Descendant View and Timeline
- Index, searchable by Given Name, Surname or ID
- Events and Facts
- Locations and Addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
- Alternate Names
- Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
- Audio files
- Video files
- Portrait and Landscape mode on all views
GedFamilies uses a highly efficient database implementation, allowing very large family files to be supported.
GedFamilies requires access to a Wi-Fi network or use of a USB connection in order to transfer files between your device and your PC.
GedFamilies requires a companion program running on a Windows PC to transfer family files to and from the Android device. This program, GedFamilies Sync, can be downloaded free of charge from www.telgen.co.uk/gedfamilies.
A sample family file is included.
* Drag the view to scroll around.
* Pinch with two fingers to zoom in or out.
* Double tap on background to zoom in or out.
* Single tap on a name to show more info.
* Double tap on a name to base the tree on that person.
* Long tap on a name to base the tree on that person.
To use your own gedcom files, they need to be transferred to your device. This can be done in several different ways, including:
* Mailing them to yourself and downloading them
* Copying them over USB
* Copying them to an SD card
* Using online file services such as www.dropbox.com
Once the file is on your device choose it in the Downloads app or in a file browser app such as My Files. You can also use the Open... button in the menu from within GedTree.
There is a support/feature request forum at http://gedtree.userecho.com/