This viewer is designed as a companion product to RootsMagic, the award-winning desktop genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
* Uses your actual RootsMagic files- no conversion needed
* Easily put your family history files on your device through DropBox
* Keep as many files as you want right on your device
* Use the free desktop software to convert other genealogy files including PAF, Family Tree Maker, Legacy Family Tree, and GEDCOM into viewable RootsMagic files.
* Pedigree, Family, Descendant, and Individual Views to quickly explore your family tree
* Browse people by surname and given names
* Search ancestors by name or record number
* View media, notes, and sources for people, families, events, and facts
* Source list
* To-do lists
* Research Logs
* Media Lists
* Address Book
* Repository List
* Correspondence List
* Place List
* Perpetual calendar
* Date calculator
* Relationship calculator
* Soundex calculator
Note: Requires RootsMagic desktop family tree software or the free RootsMagic Essentials software to create, edit, or add to your genealogy files.
So my friends and I started work on BillionGraves.com. In building the site and its iPhone and now Android apps, we’ve created a framework that allows people all over the world to map out photos of all the headstones in their local cemeteries and upload them to the BillionGraves.com database. Once the photos are there, fellow family historians can transcribe the information from the headstones and make it easy to search, which puts unique headstone records only mouse-clicks away from anyone looking for their ancestors. By using the smartphone's location services, we can ensure that even when descendants are half a world away, they can not only see their ancestors’ information, but they can also see the headstones and precisely where those headstones are. Previously undocumented records end up collected in an easy-to-access, free-to-use location, and family historians anywhere can use this framework to build on their existing research.
The trouble is that even though we’ve built this framework, it won’t amount to much unless we have help from all over the world. And by all over the world, I mean if we don’t have help from YOU. We have the audacious goal to accurately acquire, transcribe and share at least one billion grave records, but that can’t happen without others who share that same vision...