This viewer is designed as a companion product to RootsMagic, the award-winning desktop genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
* Uses your actual RootsMagic files- no conversion needed
* Easily put your family history files on your device through DropBox
* Keep as many files as you want right on your device
* Use the free desktop software to convert other genealogy files including PAF, Family Tree Maker, Legacy Family Tree, and GEDCOM into viewable RootsMagic files.
* Pedigree, Family, Descendant, and Individual Views to quickly explore your family tree
* Browse people by surname and given names
* Search ancestors by name or record number
* View media, notes, and sources for people, families, events, and facts
* Source list
* To-do lists
* Research Logs
* Media Lists
* Address Book
* Repository List
* Correspondence List
* Place List
* Perpetual calendar
* Date calculator
* Relationship calculator
* Soundex calculator
Note: Requires RootsMagic desktop family tree software or the free RootsMagic Essentials software to create, edit, or add to your genealogy files.
So my friends and I started work on BillionGraves.com. In building the site and its iPhone and now Android apps, we’ve created a framework that allows people all over the world to map out photos of all the headstones in their local cemeteries and upload them to the BillionGraves.com database. Once the photos are there, fellow family historians can transcribe the information from the headstones and make it easy to search, which puts unique headstone records only mouse-clicks away from anyone looking for their ancestors. By using the smartphone's location services, we can ensure that even when descendants are half a world away, they can not only see their ancestors’ information, but they can also see the headstones and precisely where those headstones are. Previously undocumented records end up collected in an easy-to-access, free-to-use location, and family historians anywhere can use this framework to build on their existing research.
The trouble is that even though we’ve built this framework, it won’t amount to much unless we have help from all over the world. And by all over the world, I mean if we don’t have help from YOU. We have the audacious goal to accurately acquire, transcribe and share at least one billion grave records, but that can’t happen without others who share that same vision...
* Update names and details from your iPhone or from your private website
* Add and Tag Photos
* Get updated lists of upcoming birthdays
* Invite Family to view or update the family tree
* Check the activity log to see who has visited your site and what updates they made.
This app is a companion for your Private Family Tree website at TribalPages. All your Family Tree information is stored on our secure servers at TribalPages. Your family tree can be viewed and updated either using an internet browser on a computer or by using this app. Any updates that you make using the app will automatically appear on your website.
Invite family members to view or update the family tree. You can choose the level permission you give each invited member. They will receive an invitation via email. Invited members can either download this app or visit your website. The activity log shows when each member visits your site and what changes they have made.
Take pictures of your relatives or ancestral places. Tag the pictures and add them to your family tree. This is great when you visit family or at reunions.
- Multiple family files
- New family files can be created from scratch
- Family View, Pedigree View, Descendant View and Timeline
- Index, searchable by Given Name, Surname or RIN
- To Do Lists
- Master and Detail Sources
- Locations and Addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
- Alternate Names
- Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
- Documents, audio and video files
- Portrait and Landscape mode on all views
- Supports Legacy 6, 7 and 8
Families uses a highly efficient database implementation, allowing very large family files to be supported. Users have successfully displayed and edited files containing over 300,000 individuals.
Families requires a companion program running on the PC to transfer family files to and from the Android device. This program, Families Sync, can be downloaded free of charge from www.telgen.co.uk/families.
A sample family file is included.
View any GEDCOM file exported from a genealogy program or from the internet. An automated search tool finds all GEDCOM files on your device.
Use it to explore individuals and their families, ancestors and descendants.
Take notes while you are working in records offices, libraries, or in the field, and export them later so that you can print them or paste them into other genealogy programs.
Progeniture is FREE for non-commercial use. There are no annoying pop-ups, and no advertising of any kind. The author produced the software for his own personal use and offers it for use by other family historians, at no cost, providing that they do not use it for monetary gain. The license conditions will be displayed when you first run the Progeniture app – please read them carefully. If you do want to use Progeniture in connection with your professional activities the author would appreciate a small contribution to the development costs – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.