Are you using your smart phone or tablet in the late evening? Twilight may be a solution for you!
Recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep.
The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production - a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.
In experimental scientific studies it has been shown an average person reading on a tablet or smart phone for a couple of hours before bed time may find their sleep delayed by about an hour.
The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the flux of blue light emitted by your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.
Get more from Twilight
1) Bed reading: Twilight is more pleasant on the eyes for night reading. Especially as it is able to lower the screen backlight far below the ability of the backligt controls on your screen
2) AMOLED screens: We have tested Twilight on an AMOLED screen for 2.5 years without any sign of depletion or over-burning. If properly configured Twilight causes less light emission (by enabling dimming) with more equal light distribution (dark areas of the screen such as the status bar get tinted). This may in fact increase your AMOLED screen life time.
Basics on circadian rhythm and the role of melatonin
- location - to find out your current sunset/surise times
- running apps - to stop Twilight in selected apps
- write settings - to set back-light
- network - access smartlight (Philips HUE) to shield you household light from blue
Automation (Tasker or other)
Related scientific research
Amplitude Reduction and Phase Shifts of Melatonin, Cortisol and Other Circadian Rhythms after a Gradual Advance of Sleep and Light Exposure in Humans Derk-Jan Dijk, & Co 2012
Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin Onset and Shortens Melatonin Duration in Humans Joshua J. Gooley, Kyle Chamberlain, Kurt A. Smith & Co, 2011
Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology Jeanne F. Duffy, Charles A. Czeisler 2009
Efficacy of a single sequence of intermittent bright light pulses for delaying circadian phase in humans Claude Gronfier, Kenneth P. Wright, & Co 2009
Intrinsic period and light intensity determine the phase relationship between melatonin and sleep in humans Kenneth P. Wright, Claude Gronfier & Co 2009
The Impact of Sleep Timing and Bright Light Exposure on Attentional Impairment during Night Work Nayantara Santhi, Daniel Aeschbach & Co 2008
Short-Wavelength Light Sensitivity of Circadian, Pupillary, and Visual Awareness in Humans Lacking an Outer Retina Farhan H. Zaidi & Co, 2007
High sensitivity of the human circadian melatonin rhythm to resetting by short wavelength light. Lockley SW, Brainard GC, Czeisler CA. 2003
Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light: melatonin phase resetting and suppression Jamie M Zeitzer, Derk-Jan Dijk & Co 2000
For a desktop alternative, try RedShift (Linux) or on Windows the app which has no relation to this project whatsoever, whose name cannot be said aloud or whispered as it is a Trademark, lets call it Lord Voldemort of the blue light flux filtering apps.Guessed it? Let us know in the comments.
Blue light is the most dazzling visible light, prolonged exposure will damage the eyes retina. Through this application to reduce the blue glare, can effectively protect the eyes(especially when playing phone in bed at night).
★Fatigue warning lets you develop a good habit to rest
★ intelligent protecting and prevent too dark.
★ no ads, and completely free!
★ Optimization algorithm to filter harmful rays. The effect is very natural, clear screen.
★ You can choose the degree of adaptation to the environment, as well as a variety of colors!
★ simple, low battery consumption, without affecting other applications smoothly executed.
ps: five-star rating is the greatest support for us, thank you very much ~
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Você que precisa fazer um regime, dieta ou quer ter uma alimentação mais saudável, agora tem um ótimo aliado!
Você encontra as seguintes categorias de receitas light:
- Cremes e Sopas;
- Doces e Bolos;
- Frutos do Mar;
- Pizzas e Tortas;
Não perca tempo e baixe gratuitamente um dos melhores aplicativos de receitas light do Brasil!!
★ Toda semana serão adicionadas novas receitas.★
Furthermore, it has been revealed by media that blue light can cause critical damage to retina or the eye lens if exposured for long time.
With Bluelight screen filter app, there is no need for additional glasses for protecting eye sight or blocking blue light, color filter, and film.
Apply blue light screen filter easily, and get some helps to block the blue light and blinding generated by blue light, effectively relieve eye fatigue, deterioration of eye sight, dry eye, insomnia.
With 6 presets such as Blue light, Night, Red, Green, black, Yellow, you can easily choose color, and furthermore, we provide more than 20 colors. Also, it supports “User Color Setting and Save” function so that user can apply their favorite color filter or color correction of smart phone screen.
You can make them working in exact time you want by time setting of turn on/off and easily set the application of filter in status bar.
■ What is Blue light?
Blue lights which exist between wave of 380 to 500 nano meter. It can cause eye fatigue and dry eye, and sometimes even critical damage to retina or the eye lens if exposured for long time. When watching screen of smartphone, computer, TV in late nights, it is likely to suffer from insomnia due to decreased secretion of hormone inducing sleep.
• It is MUST HAVE App for everyone who uses smartphone
• With filter function which blocks Blue light and blinding generated by screen, it helps prevent eye fatigue, deterioration of eye sight, dry eye, insomnia
• There is no need for additional glasses, color filter, film to protect eyesight or block blue light.
• You can customize color, rate of block, brightness easily
• It provide various basic filter color more than 20, blocking blue light. Users can easily choose, set, save and apply the color which is the most adaptive to them
• Choose what you want among various color filter and color correction of smartphone screen.
• You can turn control the filter easily on status bar(Jellybean or higher)
• You can set the time when the filter will turn on/off. You can get more benefit of this application especially in night time because it relieves insomnia and blinding generated by blue light from screen
• You can check whether the filter has been applied or not and set it easily through status bar
• Setting is applied automatically when restarting the device
• To properly apply the filter, you need to turn the filter on, and then set the proper color, the rate of block and brightness, for your use in Preset
- Blue Light : Block the blue light effectively by complementary color effect
- Night : It effectively prevents insomnia and protects eye sight when it is night or surrounding is dark. It is recommended to apply this mode when using smartphone in night
• You can set the exact time when the filter will be turned on/off when you choose Custom menu in Time Setting
• In some cases, it is impossible to install apps except through Play Store while blue light filter is working. Then, please turn off the filter for a moment and try again
• When you capture the screen during application of blue light filter, it captured the screen which the filter is applied on. In this case, please turn off the filter for a moment and try again
• If you are using a process management app such as task-killer, it is possible that the app to error. please exclusions from the app settings
• Full network access, View network connections: Need to identify whether the connection of device has been activated.
• Run at startup: Need to apply the setting when starting device
• Draw over other apps: Need to control the screen
We'd like to thank the wonderful people who have helped to translate apps into other languages.
• Polish : Mateusz Utkala
◑ Relax your eyes with a sight protection bluelight filter.
☼ Brighten your night with a flashlight.
♬ Enjoy your night with light effects.
☀ Make your night safer with a protection light.
♞ Enjoy the popular games at night.
◑ Sight Protection Filter
- No need for an expensive anti blue light glasses or films.
- Use bluelight screen filter for eye care.
- Good for those who are prone to eye strain.
- Good for insomnia prevention.
- The brown filter allows you to read small prints of a newspaper clearly.
- No need to darken the screen for comfortable viewing with the filter.
- Effective against someone peeking.
- Good app operation and less battery demanding.
- The most bright and strongest light
- Fastest operation with one touch Notification bar icon.
- Transparent Light, Screen Light support.
♬ Light Effects
- Supports 12 different light effects.
- Fun Light Effects: Psychedelic Light, Jack-O-Lantern, Hypnotizer, Candle, and Incandescent Light
- Lovely Light Effects: I love you, Cake, and Mood Light
- Useful Light Effects: LED Display, Police Light, Warning Light, and Protection Light
☀ Protection Light
- Protect yourself from emergency situation at night with light and noise
♞ Popular games at night
- We recommend selected popular games at night.
- The most loved game ranking by Night Owl users is also provided.
➲ Automatic Filter Function
- Automatic filter is activated at night to protect the eyesight.
- No more getting dazzled by the phone screen in the morning.
➲ Notification Bar Icon
- Notification Bar Icon allows the quickest operation.
Bluelight from your smartphone or tablet causes strain on your eyes and keeps you from falling asleep at night.
This app adjusts your screen color to reduce the blue light and helps your eyes to relax, making it easier for you to fall asleep.
▽ Free Screen Filter App to Protect Your Eyes
You can reduce the strain on your eyes easily.
It's simple but effective!
All you have to do is launch this app.
▽ Screen Filter with Natural Color
This app's filter has a natural color so you can read news, emails and websites clearly.
This app doesn't dim the screen but adjusts the screen color to reduce blue light which causes strain on your eyes.
▽ Easy Operation
It's easy to turn on or off with just one tap.
You can adjust the opacity of the filter.
Choose between 5 different filter colors.
▽ Turn On or Off Quickly and Easily
You can choose to show or hide a filter icon in the status bar, making it easy to tweak the settings at any time.
▽ Startup Automatically
You can choose whether or not the filter launches on startup.
▽ Eye Care in your Smartphone or Tablet
This app works on most smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy, HTC ONE Xperia and so on. It also works on tablets such as Nexus 7, Nexus 10, ASUS MeMO Pad, Acer ICONIA and more!
▽ Simple App
This app doesn`t use your battery except when setting up the filter, since it only adjusts the color temperature and the lux the memory usage is low too.
▽ Reliable App
This app's developer has been registered as an official developer by an independent organization in Japan.
http://goo.gl/C4qIk (Japanese website)
The latest news about this app can be found here:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Hardyinfinity
- Twitter https://twitter.com/HardyInfinity
▽ Remove ads
Please purchase the full version to remove ads.
▽ Good Reviews
- Awesome App
No straining of eyes while reading. After applying the filter, display is almost as good as any eBook reader. Almost made my kindle redundant.
Frankly speaking, I thought that it will be of the joke Apps but I found a huge difference and feeling relaxed after using this App. Keep up the good work.
- Excellent app!
Usage highly recommended. With our lives seemingly dependent on smartphones, our eyes deserve something like this.
- Almost sleep inducing
Easy to use and easy on the eyes, literally. I like and use it a lot.
- Similair to f.lux
Works good enough. It's a simple app. Some may find lack of auto adjustment trough day a bad thing.
In my opinion I recommend this app for u people wonderful app
- Highly recommended
This app does what it claims to do. Can feel the difference immediately. I purchased it after the first use itself. Only suggestion I have for developers is to keep one app only got users having key. I don't like two icons for one single app.
- I loved twilight, so I got this one to work well!
Great safety for my eyes, I was dying after being on my phone for so long, now I can see better! Please fix lagging!!
- It does make a difference
Installed this app to test if it actually helps. Looks like it does. Lesser strain on your eyes! Definitely recommend this one for any smartphone user.
- Simple but effective!
The idea is so simple of this app ,that what makes it great. It really relieves your eyes and breaks the strong light emotions. Great!
* If you want to install an app from a third party store such as Amazon. Please turn off the filter first to enable installation.
* When capturing a screen (screenshot) turn off the filter first, otherwise it will apply to the captured screen as well.
It is this vision can fall as well as by inhibiting the hormone melatonin, etc. cause insomnia.
> Using a smartphone in the dark in the risk of dry eye symptoms and insomnia If you need more (at night, there is no use in lighting) can be serious.
> This app has the effect of reducing the blue light.
> When the eye fatigue easily unsubscribe and also the dark by lowering the default brightness of the smartphone is especially effective for people.
> Apps that are not easily terminated by the memory cleaning.
> CPU share, and use a little time to adjust the blocking rate, after which almost no CPU usage. To apply a filter that does not affect the operations, such as 3D gaming.
- How simple to use
> After installing the application, click the blue light Block button. The color matches your eyes (in sepia color and black and encouraged) and sets the blocking rate.
exit the app for other tasks. The filter should always protect your eyes.
> Sepia color is best. Some yellowing may be represented, but the blue light with high color blocking rate.
> There is the ability to run automatically at boot each time, if cumbersome to apply the filter.
> Even applying a filter screen of prolonged exposure is not good for your health.
> This app can be used to increase the effectiveness with the case while adjusting the default brightness of the system.
> Other method except the installation of the filter through the Play Store application does not install the click of a button. In this case, stop the filter after the installation is complete, please run it again
> Developers are not familiar with other languages other than Korean. Please help with a translation into the national language, so that other users can use this app as a native language.
- People who helped us
Eye strain while using a smartphone easy to who you feel is recommended.
If you are using a long skirt teupon highly recommend you use it.
Eyes are blue light blocking eye protection is a must.
Shima before sleep and excessive use teupon serious eye pillow created to suppress the feeling of melatonin when exposed to blue light for a long time, sleep disorder may come.
☆ minimal features that can be easily operated by anyone App!
★ Very easy to use.
★ prevent blue light generated from the screen.
★ glasses and protective film prevents the blue light is not necessary.
★ the notification window, you can quickly set up or shut down.
★ You can adjust the blue light interception.
★ You can adjust the brightness.
★ less memory usage as a function of the minimum.
★ will reboot to apply.
★ Android security reasons, the blue light when I work outside the application stores the Install button does not work during installation, if you temporarily disable the blue light.
Blue light is:
Visible light of 380nm ~ 495nm (nanometers) refers to the blue light, the shorter the wavelength is the highest energy cornea or lens of the eye to reach the retina without being absorbed by dry eyes and blurred vision, which can cause sleep disorders such as known. In recent years, the display has a blue light spread all included.
This application, blue light filter will adjust a color of screen to reduce & block the blue light and helps your eyes relax, reduce eye fatigue, deterioration of eye sight.
** Features **
1. Filter to protect your eyes.
Turn ON bluelight filter to start protecting your eyes! Especially effective when you are to stare at the smartphone screen for longer hours & during night.
2. Various Adjutments
- Filter strength from 0% to 100%
- 6 different filter colors to choose from
- Phone brightness settting
- Option to keep the status bar color as-is or include in the filter
3. Super simple & effective interface!
Turning ON/OFF is just within one-tap from app launch.
An option to auto-startup the filter when booted. Either ON/OFF.
Easily turn ON/OFF the filter from pulldown menu.
Can effectively reduce the bluelight on screen and ease eyestrain by few simple steps.
Bluelight is the most harmful light in visible light.
It can cause damage to the Retina (the back of the eye).
So it's helpful to use JBlueCut's bluelight filter to protect your eye when using LED screen devices.
If you like it, please download "JBlueCut Pro" to support.
★ bluelight filter mask
★ 100 phase adjustment
★ boot automatically executed
★ notification bar shortcut
★ Top New Free Health app #1 (Taiwan)
★ Top Free Health app #6 (Taiwan)
★ If you want to install an app outside the Google Play. Please turn off the filter first to enable installation.
★ When capturing a screenshot turn off the filter first, otherwise the filter will apply to the screenshot as well.
This sleeping aid app makes your device emit a gendle, relaxing light, that pulsates at the natural respiration rate. Lie in bed with your eyes open and inhale and exhale in sync with the light. The app will guide you to sleep by gendly slowing down your respiration rate. This will help you relax and fall asleep fast. After the session ends the app shuts down and you continue to sleep.
* The app substitutes common white noise or calming sound sleeping aids, that can`t be used with others in a room.
* The app substitutes respective dedicated devices that cost orders of magnitute more.
* Allows you to define the length of your session.
* Supports multiple light colors
* Helps most people to sleep in 7 minutes.
This app is fully functional and does not include advertisements. Additional paid features are unlockable through an In-app purchase.
Xiaomi device / MIUI users need to go to Settings → Apps → Darker, and enable "Show popup windows" for Darker to work correctly.
Paid features include:
» Auto-On & Auto-Off
» Start at boot
» Lower brightness below 20%
» Darken navigation bar
» Custom filter colors
» Root mode
» Customizable notification buttons
• Up to three buttons can be added for quick access.
• Buttons to increase and decrease the brightness (+5%, -5%, +10%, -10%)
• Buttons to set a specific brightness (@0%, @10%, @20%, ... , @90%, @100%)
• Quick toggles (stop, pause, reset, color filter)
Note: When manually installing APK files, Android blocks the "Install" button from being pressed when Darker is running. This is NOT a bug. It's a protective measure to prevent malicious apps from camouflaging the install button. Pausing Darker will solve this.
*The color filter is similar to how the desktop version of f.lux works. Selecting a redder color will reduce more bluelight emitted from the display.
Darker has Tasker support, use these intents to send commands to Darker:
Add the above intents to Tasker by going to Action Category→Misc→Send Intent→Action, leave the other fields default, and note that the intents are case sensitive.
These two intents below need an additional parameter in the "Extra" field
darker.SETCOLOR "Extra" field: COLOR:1~16 (Colors are numbered left to right, top to bottom)
darker.COLORSTRENGTH "Extra" field: STRENGTH:1~10
The intent below needs the "Target" field set to "Service"
Did you feel uncomfortable on your eyes when use smart phone for a long time? The reason is bluelight on your smartphone causes eyestrain. Blue light is a harmful light that cause damage to the Retina and keeps you from falling asleep at night or even cause sleep disorder and sleepless. Blue light can also lead to shortsighted or cataract, if you use smartphone all the time.
For girls, eyes protection is more important. Eye stain can easily cause dark circle and pouch on eyes which harms your beauty.
Eye Protector is an effective screen filter which can reduce the blue light to protect and relax your eyes, making it easier for you to fall asleep at night. Eye care becomes easy now! Say goodbye to blue light.
Natural filter effect for you to read the screen easily
Adjust the filter strength and color as you wish
Free and easy to use
Low battery and space consumption
Notification bar shortcut to quickly shut down or set up
Automatically apply on boot
If you install app from a third party store other than Google Play, the install button will not work. Please turn off the filter temporarily to enable installation
스마트 기기를 장시간 사용하여 안구건조, 불면증 등이 생기시는 분 그리고 눈이 쉽게 피로 해지는 분들께 안티 블루라이트를 추천 드립니다.
시력 보호를 위해 필름 부착, 시력보호 안경을 착용할 필요가 없습니다. 안티블루라이트 앱은 Mode별 차별화 된 필터를 제공하여 블루라이트를 비롯한 눈 건강에 해로운 광선을 효과적으로 차단시켜 줍니다.
가시광선 중에서 380 nm ~ 495 nm(나노미터) 영역의 파장으로 LED TV, 노트북, 스마트폰, 태플릿 등에서도 동일한 블루라이트가 발생하고 이 빛은 멜라토닌 호르몬을 억제하여 생체리듬 파괴 및 불면증, 수면 장애를 일으키며 안구건조와 시력저하 등 신체에 악영향을 미칩니다.
[블루라이트 필터 설정]
- 블루라이트 차단 최적화
- 기분 전환
- 심신 안정
- 눈 부심 제거
[안티 블루라이트 특징]
- 블루라이트 파장 차단 및 최적의 시인성 제공
- 블루라이트 감소로 편안한 스마트폰 사용 환경 제공
- 수면 유도 모드를 비롯 6가지 상황에 맞게 자유롭게 변경 가능
- 손쉬운 사용으로 안티블루라이트 앱 사용 설정 가능
- 적은 배터리 소모
최근 디지털 기기등을 많이 사용함으로써 블루라이트에 많이 노출되는 눈 건강을 위해 다양한 눈운동 및 안티블루라이트를 사용함으로써 지속적으로 눈 건강을 지킬 수 있으리라 생각됩니다.
- Keywords : 안티블루라이트,차단,시력,눈보호,눈건강,눈부심,밝기조절,백라이트,필터,스크린필터, 블루라이트,보호기능,시력보호,불면증,라이트,보호기능,블루라이트차단,수면유도,심신안정
☆The essential Application for you with smartphone☆
Blue light is one of Visible Ray(380nm ~ 495nm) that has negative impacts, resulting in severe eye damages and insomnia when exposed long enough. It comes out from most of digital devices such as TV, Computer Monitor, Tablet and Smartphone. However, with Anti bluelight filters blocking the light, you can stay safe by blocking and enjoy unique experiences within each mode.
[Main functions & Features]
-Protecting your eyes with Anti-Bluelight
-Additional unique experiences colors give you
-Low battery consumption
-Easy use & Useful options
개발자 연락처 :
#306 B bldg., 230, Simin-daero,
Gyeonggi-do, 431-908, Korea.
The object of the game is to gather as many "books" as possible. A book consists of all four cards with the same rank.
For instance the book of jacks consists of the jacks of
spades, hearts, clubs, and diamonds.
Initially each player is dealt 8 cards, the player after the dealer starts first.
The 'ask book' variant:
In this variant, a turn consists of asking a specific opponent for a rank of which you already have at least one card. You do this by dragging a card of that rank to the opponent.
If your opponent has cards of that rank you will receive all of them and your turn continues. If this completes your book, the book is discarded and you will receive one point.
If your opponent did not have any cards of the rank you requested you must "Go Fish!" by taking a single card from the stock. This ends your turn.
The 'ask single card' variant:
In this variant, instead of asking for all cards of a book you must ask for a single card.
*** Rule clarification for the "ask all" variant ***
If you must go fish but you happen to receive a card from the book you asked for you do not loose your turn! Of course this rule also applies to the AI players, which can make it look like they get another turn after a failed request.
Short summary of the rules:
The object of the game is to get rid of the cards in your hand by playing them on the discard pile,
where either the face or the suit of the card you play must match the face or the suit of the top-most card on the discard pile.
If you cannot play a legal card or if you do not want to play a card you must take a card from the stock pile.
Some action cards have special meaning:
- Any eight can be used to change the current suit (hence the name: Crazy Eights).
- When a two is played the next player must take 2 cards and must skip a turn.
- When a queen is played the next player must skip a turn.
- When an ace is played the direction of play changes.
- When a joker is played the next player must take 5 cards but is allowed to play again.
This is the game Crazy 8's in a nutshell, more elaborate rules can be found under the info button in game.
- A free card game that offers a lot of fun
- Another popular game in the Games4All series
- A world-famous game that everybody knows
- Do not get stuck with a joker or worse!
- Improve your statistics, improve your play
In the middle of the table there are 3 empty centre stacks and the stock pile containing the remainder of the cards.
The object of the game is to be the first to empty your pay-off pile.
The centre stacks are build up from the ace upwards, independent of suit. So the first card can be the ace of diamonds
followed by the two of spades, the three of hearts, etc. Kings are wild. This means that you can play king
on any centre stack and it will turn into a card that fits on the card already on the stack. For instance
if you play the king of spades on a ten of clubs the king will turn into a queen.
When a centre stack is completed (by playing a queen or king on a jack) the stack is shuffled into the stock pile.
You can place any card on the side stacks, independent of which cards are already there. Only the top card of each side
stack is accessible though, see below.
At the start of your turn you receive cards from the stock pile to bring your hand back up to a total of 5 cards.
In your turn you can play a number of possible moves:
- Play the top card from your pay-off pile onto one of the center stacks.
- Play the top card from one of your side stacks onto one of the center stacks.
- Play a card from your hand onto one of the center stacks.
- Play a card from your hand onto one of your side stacks. This ends your turn.
The game ends when one player plays his/her last card from the pay-off pile onto one of the centre stacks.
This player wins the game and receives the number of cards on the other players pay-off pile as points.
The game also ends when the stock is depleted. When this happens the game ends in a tie and neither player scores any points.
The first player to reach 50 points wins the match!
At the start of the game all three players receive seven cards. One card is placed face up on the table, this will be the discard pile. The remaining cards become the stock pile.
You start your turn by taking the top card from either the stock pile or the discard pile.
The object of the game is to get rid of all your cards. There are three ways to get rid of cards: melding, laying off, and discarding.
- Melding: You meld by placing a valid combination of cards on the empty space on the table. There are two kinds of valid combinations:
Book: Three cards of the same rank (for instance three sevens).
Run: Three or more cards of the same suit in consecutive order, for instance 7, 8, and 9 of diamonds.By default, the ace can only be used as the lowest card (A,2,3), but you can select to let it also be used as the highest card (Q,K,A).
- Laying off: You can lay off cards by extending a book or run on the table.
- Discarding: You can discard any card you like except the card you just took from the discard pile. Discarding a card ends your turn.
The first player to get rid of all his/her cards wins the game.
The winner scores all points left in the opponents hands:
Face cards (K,Q,J) are worth 10 points each
- Aces are worth 1 point
- Number cards are worth face value
If you selected "Use high and low aces" (when both A,2,3 and Q,K,A are valid runs), the ace counts as 11 points.
The first player to reach 100 points wins the match.
Easy to understand, challenging to play! Originating from India this game of Rummy is conquering the world! So watch out! It gets you before you know it and you will have a hard time cutting yourself loose.
The objective is easy: get rid of your penalty points as soon as possible. You can do
this by collecting runs (at least three consecutive cards of the same suit) or sets
(three or four of the same cards from different suits). But you need at least two runs
before the scoring starts. And one of this runs has to be without a joker!
Each turn you take a card and discard one. Are you the first that has a hand full of
runs and sets? The game is yours! The faster you achieve this, the bigger the chance
you leave your competition far behind. And that will boost your statistics!
- A highly addictive card game;
- Get rid of your penalty points as soon as possible;
- Improve your play;
- Boost your statistics!
The object of the game is to get as close to 31 points as possible with 3 cards of the same suit. The ace is worth 11 points, the king, queen, jack and ten are worth 10.
The other cards (9, 8, 7) are worth their face value.
At the start of the game each player is dealt 3 cards and 3 cards are also placed face down on the table. The first player can accept their hand or exchange their hand with the cards on the table.
After this the cards on the table are turned face up and the next player (clockwise) plays first. At your turn you may exchange one card from your hand with one of the cards on the table.
In the first and last round, if you do not want to exchange a card you may pass instead. You are always allowed to pass after your turn.
Instead of exchanging one card you can elect to exchange all your cards with the cards on the table. In this case you pass automatically.
When all players except one have passed, that one player gets one more turn before play ends.
When a player has 31 points his/her cards are turned face up and all players get one more turn before play ends.
You can try the Oklahoma variant for an extra challenge and more diverse game play.
The winner is the player to put all his cards in runs or sets before the other player. This is called "going Gin".
Players that have 10 penalty points or less can also choose to knock if they believe they can prevent a gin or when they think they have less penalty points then their opponent.
If this is not the case the opponent undercuts and earns 10 bonus points.
Special about Gin Rummy is when your opponent finishes his hand, you can add your free cards to his runs and sets to decrease your penalty points.
A regular 52 card deck is used. Each numeral card (ace-ten) is counted as its numerical value (ace = 1, two = 2, etc). The aim is to capture cards from a layout on the table, by playing a card from your hand which matches in number a table card or the sum of several table cards.
- In case of a capture, the player picks up this card and the captured cards.
- If there is no capture the played card remains face up on the table.
- You can also use the card in your hand to form or extend a build on the table, for instance
if you have a five and a two in your hand you can add the two from your hand to a three on the table to form a build of rank 5, which can only be taken by a five.
Although Cassino is easy to grasp and simple to learn, it also offers challenging game play for more advanced players!
- Smooth gameplay
- Excellent AI
- Duplicate play mode (compare your results with others)
Euchre is a card game that is popular in a large portion of the English speaking world. Games4All offers you the North American variant, which is the most widely played.
Euchre is a trick-taking game for four players in fixed partnerships, with partners sitting opposite from each other.
Each player is dealt 5 cards from a deck consisting of 24 cards: 9, ten, jack, queen, king, ace from each of the four suits.
The trump suit has 7 cards, from high to low:
- Right Bower: the jack of the trump suit
- Left Bower: the other jack of the same color as the trump suit
The other suits have 6 or 5 cards: Ace, King, Queen, (Jack), Ten, Nine.
After the deal one of the remaining cards is turned face up. This up-card is used in the first round where each player is turn is offered the suit of the up-card as trump beginning with the player after the dealer. If a player accepts, that player becomes the leader and the up-card is given to the dealer. The dealer must then discard one of his cards and play begins.
If a player rejects the trump suit, the next player is given a chance.
When all four players reject the trump suit, the up-card is removed from the game and the first player is allowed to select a trump suit from the remaining suits.
If that player passes, the next player may select a trump suit. If all four player pass the game ends in a tie. the dealer is allowed to select one of the remaining three suits as trump.
Before play commences, the leader may choose to "go alone". This means his partner will not participate in this hand, effectively making this a three-player hand.
The player to the left of the leader leads the first trick. Any card may be led and each player in clockwise order must follow suit if possible. A player who cannot follow suit may play any card.
The winner of the trick is the player who played the highest trump card, or the highest card of the suit led if no trump was played. The left bower is considered to belong to the trump suit for all intents and purposes.
The winner of the previous trick leads the next trick.
- If the leader plays alone and wins 5 tricks the lead team scores 4 points.
- If the lead team wins 5 tricks without playing alone they score 2 points.
- If the lead team wins 3 or 4 tricks they score 1 point.
- Otherwise the lead team is euchred and the defenders score 2 points.
The first team to score 10 points wins the match.
a card you are missing. This must be from a book you already have at least one card from.
If the player does not have the card, your turn is finished and you receive a card from the stock.
Now it is the turn of the player you asked from.
A complete set of 4 card forms a "book" and is worth 1 point. The hand is done when all books are complete.
The player with the most points wins the hand.
The SugarKidsClub and this version of Go Fish! are iniatives of the Dutch diabetes association (DVN in Dutch). Their website can
be found at http://www.dvn.nl (in Dutch).
To contact the DVN you can email to email@example.com or write to:
3830 AM Leusden
Sevens (Fan Tan), Sevens with pass, and the Game of Nines. Although the games are simple and easy to pick up, all three require some skill if you want to get good at it.
SUMMARY OF THE RULES:
Sevens (also known as Fan Tan).
The object of the game is to get rid of all your 13 cards by playing them to the layout on the table.
The layout consists of one row per suit, starting with the seven. Each suit is ordered from the two to the ace.
At your turn you must play one card of your choice to the layout if possible:
- You may play any seven, starting a new row for its suit.
- You may play any card which is next in sequence up or down to a card of the same suit that is already on the layout.
Lower cards are added to the left side of the seven, higher cards to the right.
A player who is unable to play a card must pass. The first player to get rid of all of his or her cards is the winner.
At the end of each game all players are given penalty points equal to the cards left in their hands.
If a player reaches 20 penalty points the match is over. The player with the least amount of penalty points wins the match.
About robot play:
Some users have complained that the robots "team up" on the human player. This is not the case. The robots do NOT take into account which of their opponents are bots and which is the human player. They do strive to block their opponents though as this is just good strategy, but in no way do they single out the human player.
At the start of the game, each player receives a shuffled deck of 52 cards. 12 of these cards are dealt in a pile face down with a 13th card face up on top of it. This pile is called the "reserve deck".
From the deck of each player, 4 cards are placed face up in a column above the reserve. These four cards are known as the "houses". Between the two columns of houses, room is left for 8 "foundation piles".
Each player will have 35 cards left over which are placed face down next to the reserve pile. This pile becomes their "hand". Next to their hand is room for their "waste" pile.
The object of the game is to get rid of all the cards in your reserve, hand, and waste piles by either playing them to the houses, the foundation piles, or loading them on your opponents reserve or waste piles.
Players take alternate turns. A turn consist of moving cards around according to strict "building rules". Each move consists of taking one "available card" and playing it by placing it onto a house, a foundation pile, or your opponents reserve or waste pile. A player ends his/her turn by moving the top card of their hand to their waste pile.
- An empty foundation pile can only be filled with an ace. The foundation is then build up using cards from the same suit
in ascending order: A,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K.
- On any of the eight houses the cards are build in descending order with alternating colors. So a black Ten can be placed
on a red Jack.
- The reserve and waste piles of your opponent can be loaded with cards of the same suit as the current top card. The rank
of the new card must be one higher or lower than the current rank. So on a Seven of Diamonds you can place a Six or an Eight of Diamonds.
- The top card on your reserve pile.
- The outermost card of one of the eight houses.
- The top card on your hand pile. You may only turn this card over when there are no more "compulsory moves" to be made.
- If your top reserve card can be played to a foundation pile you must do so.
- When an available card can be played to a foundation pile you must do so.
- If your reserve is not empty and there are empty houses, you must fill the empty houses before turning your hand card.
In order to speed up play you can play stacks of cards from one house to another if you have enough empty houses to make
the move card-by-card.
The winner of the game receives:
- 2 points for every card left in your opponents reserve pile
- 1 point for every card left in your opponents hand or waste pile
- 30 bonus points for winning the game
A stalemate is reached when both players have gone through their entire hand without playing any hand or reserve cards.
In this case, the player with the least penalty points (as explained above, without bonus points) receives the difference
The first player to reach 150 points wins the match.
From Holland with love: Klaverjas. An ingenious card game. Choose wisely when you
pick a trump suit and collect more than half of the points available. But you don't
have to do it alone: your partner will support you. Communicate with her by cards and
get the maximum result!
Each player has eight cards. One of the players chooses the trump suit. The trump
suit gives the jack and the nine extra value. Then the game begins. Play your cards
with strategy. Remember: the trump suit always wins.
Try to collect more than half of the points together with your partner. If you don't succeed, you will get 'wet' and lose all the points to your opponents. But if you manage to get all the points, you get 100 points extra. And there is more to gain! If you win a trick that contains a run or a set you get bonus points. If this is the trump suit you get even more!
If you like this game, you might also want to take a look at our "kraken" app in the playstore.
There are many related games from other parts of the world going by names such as Klabberjass, Clabber, Kalabriás, Clobyosh and also Belote.
- Choose the right strategy
- Communicate with your partner
- Defeat your opponents together
Crash (or 13-card Brag), 9-card Brag, 7-card Brag, and 6-card Brag.
In all these games, the object is to divide the cards in your hand in a number of 'Brag' hands, beating the Brag hands of your opponents:
- Prial: three cards of the same ranks, for instance three sevens. Three threes is the highest prial in Crash, then comes three aces, kings, queens, etc.
- Running Flush or Trotter: three consecutive cards of the same suit, 3-2-A is highest, then comes A-K-Q, K-Q-J, etc.
- Run: three consecutive cards of mixed suits, ranking as for running flushes
- Flush: three cards of the same suit, with aces high
- Pair: two cards of the same rank with any third card (aces high, the third card is used as a tie breaker)
The hands you make are automatically sorted with the best hand to the left and the leftover "dead wood" to the right.
After you are done each hand is compared in turn with the corresponding hands of your opponents, starting with the best (leftmost) hand of each player. The player with the best hand earns a point. If there is a tie for first place nobody receives a point.
At the start of the game each player receives eight cards.
For the trump suit the card order and card score is:
Jack (20 points), nine (14), ace (11), 10 (10), king (4), queen (3), 8 (0), 7 (0).
For the non-trump suits the card order and card score is:
Ace (11 points), ten (10), king (4), queen (3), jack (2), 9 (0), 8 (0), 7 (0).
In the "double spades" variant these points are doubled when spades is trump.
This means there are 162 points in a game (324 when playing "double spades" and spades is trump). On top of this extra "roem" can be scored by taking tricks that contain a sequence of three cards (20 roem) or four cards (50 roem).
The special combination of Queen/King of trump scores 20 roem ("stuk").
Four tens, queens, kings or aces are worth 100 roem, four jacks is worth 200 roem!
At the start of each game the first player selects trump. The opponents are now allowed to "double" and play for double points (this is also known as "kraken", hence the name of the game). After doubling the first team is allowed to redouble. After a redouble the opponent team can decide to "superdouble", playing for 8 times the score.
After the double round each player in turn gets the opportunity to meld the roem in their hands. The player with the highest roem wins and only the winning team receives their melded roem. If players of opposing teams meld an equal amount of roem, the player with the highest roem wins.
The first player starts the first trick. The player that takes a trick starts the next trick. If you cannot follow suit you must play trump if you can.
You are not allowed to play a lower trump than a trump already on the table unless there is no other option.
If the team of the leader scores half the points or less they are declared "down" and loose all points including roem.
If the team of the leader takes all tricks they get 100 bonus points (this is called a "mars" or "pit").
If you cannot follow suit you have to play trump unless the current highest card in the trick is from your partner.
That's about it. Have fun!