Needs tinkering. Works but needs a critical improvement. It doesn't allow turning off the flashlight from the lock screen. You need to unlock the phone to do so. Dunno if the limitation is just for the free version. Tested on Moto X, G and E. Would gladly give it a 5 if this is introduced in the free app.
Works while phone is locked! Exactly what I was looking for, no ads, simple clean interface, and it works even after locking my phone! Thank you for being one of the few flashlight apps that work while the screen is off. Using an HTC One m8
Simple and effective Its sad that such a feature isn't built in to Android as a whole. This app however feels like it might as well be but in. No permissions issues and very easy to use.
Just what I needed I knew there had to be a way for my maxx to use the flash light like the iPhone can without unlocking. Of course I just had to look a bit and now it works even better than the iPhone.
Almost perfect Lock screen widget only turns on the flashlight. And once it's on you'll have to unlock the device to turn it off. Witch is very annoying. So be careful of children that might play with the phone while you are not aware. They might turn it on and leave it on for you to find a dead battery.
Where's the lock screen/home screen options? I purchased this app today and am using it on android 5.0 and I have no appearance options (my settings are different) or a way to put this on my home screen or lock screen...is the problem with android 5.0 or?
• Improved performance - See "Advanced" settings
• New 'Light Source' setting
• Better error logging
• Bug fixes
• NEW: Hide App Drawer icon (Upgrade-only)
• NEW: Immersive Mode for 4.4 Kit Kat devices when using the Screen Light
• NEW: DashClock extension visibility scheduling
• Better HTC device compatibility:
• Light now stays on even after device is locked/screen off
• NEW: Choose size of lockscreen widget
• NEW: Tasker plugin (Upgrade-only)