Earn rewards for providing feedback and completing “missions.” Missions are a new way for you to provide feedback to companies that want to know what you think about their products. In return you will earn rewards for Tango Cards that can be redeemed for gift cards from top-name brands.
Consistently ranked as one of the top Health & Fitness apps, and featured by Apple, NBC, CNN, the Today Show, and more, ShopWell was created by Registered Dietitians, and is a community partner of the USDA.
SHOPWELL HELPS YOU
- Learn which foods match your dietary needs
- Achieve your health goals such as weight management or lower cholesterol
- Avoid ingredients you don’t want such as added sugar & trans fat
- Read food nutrition facts panels, calorie count, and ingredients
- Avoid allergens like gluten & lactose
- Scan foods in the supermarket or at home
- It is like having the knowledge of a personal nutrition expert in your pocket.
ShopWell can help you eat better if you have these goals:
- General Health
- Weight Management
- Heart Healthy
- Gluten Intolerance
- Digestive Health
- Athletic Training
- Lactose Intolerance
- Anemia (Iron Deficient)
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
ShopWell can help you avoid these food allergies:
- Animal By-products
- Tree Nuts
ACTUAL USER REVIEWS
"I have lost 100lbs by using this app."
“I am over weight and was looking for something to help with my food choices. Thanks to this app I can do this now. I have lost 10lbs so far. I highly recommend.”
“Before getting it, I honestly thought I was eating very healthily when in reality had no idea what was being put in my body. Now I scan everything I buy and feel so much better about what I ingest!
“For the gluten intolerant, this app is essential. This app just became a lifeline for me.”
“Great app! Shows lots of options that match what I'm looking for, so I don't get boxed in to the most expensive brands.”
“It’s hard for the average person to decipher a nutrition label or an ingredient list. This app makes it easy to do so.”
HOW SHOPWELL WORKS
ShopWell takes the guesswork out of deciphering food nutrition labels while you shop at the supermarket by providing you with personalized food scores. ShopWell’s scoring system and scanner assesses foods based on your age, gender, health goals, diet needs, and your ingredient and nutrition preferences.
Food scores range from 0-100 and are bucketed into three categories: Green scores are a strong match for your diet, so are typically okay to eat in normal portions. Yellow scores are a medium match for your health, so you should read the labels carefully. Red scores are a weak match for your diet, or contain a potential allergen so these foods should be avoided or only be eaten occasionally in small portions.
ShopWell draws on trusted resources and guidelines set by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Institute of Medicine (IOM), and the latest peer reviewed research.
ShopWell works with United States based grocery foods only.
Edibly helps you eat healthy by allowing you to...
~ scan a barcode of a product off the grocery shelf to get a breakdown of its nutritional content
~ get an easy to understand list of the ingredients and their meaning
~ find out what is safe to eat and what should be avoided
~ quickly find healthier alternatives right at the supermarket
~ scan the ingredient list itself if the product is not in our database
Edibly dissects the ingredient list to help you find out what food manufacturers are hiding, including...
~ added sugar and salt
~ artificial sweeteners used in "sugar free" food
~ food coloring used to make the food look healthier
~ processed fats (trans fat and processed oils)
~ various additives and preservatives used for "fat free" food
With Edibly in your hands you can...
~ use your smartphone to be a smarter food shopper at the supermarket
~ lose weight more effectively by spotting tricks used by manufacturers to make food appear diet friendly
~ be confident in your purchases by knowing exactly what the products you buy are made of
~ have fun in the store while browsing for healthier snacks and meals for kids
~ avoid specific ingredients you have concerns about
Edibly doesn't rely on a product database, so if we don't have a particular product when you scan its barcode, you can still get all the information you need by taking a photo of the ingredient list. How cool is that?
Edibly rates the health effect of ingredients in a simple manner anyone can understand...
~ if the ingredient is believed to be unhealthy, best avoid it
~ if the food additive hasn't been extensively tested, best not risk your health and avoid it
~ if the ingredient is actual food you can grow or catch and little processing is involved, eat it!
~ no complicated algorithms you can't wrap your head around
With Edibly you don't have to rely on the marketing blasted at you by the food manufacturers, struggle with complicated diets invented by scientists that are impossible to follow, and easily spot the chemistry in your food. Edibly allows you to know what you eat and eat what you know.
Works offline so is perfect for people who do not have access to the internet while shopping.
Diet Radar currently only works with the English language.
Diet Radar comes pre-loaded with 7 different diets:
• Dairy Free
• Gluten Free
• Salicylate Free
• Palm Oil Free
These diets cover many of the hidden and hard to remember ingredients we find in modern day food products. The diets can be modified in order to achieve a complete listing of all the ingredients you can't have.
To scan a food product simply hold the camera steady on the ingredients label of a food product and watch as the ingredients you can't eat are printed in red and surrounded by a red rectangle.
For detection tips and further explanation read the help section within the app.
• Camera - This is to allow for the detection of ingredients using the devices camera.
• Internet - This is required for the first time use of the app to download device specific optimizations. Also used to display Ads.
• Vibrate - Allows the device to vibrate when detecting a black listed ingredient.
• Access network state - Allows the app to check whether or not the user has a network connection.
Icons used are from http://icons8.com/
mySymptoms has been used by sufferers of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease), food intolerance and sensitivities, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, migraines, cluster headaches, bloating, heartburn, and many other conditions or symptoms – any symptom can be added.
DIARY / JOURNAL
+ Record food, drink, medication, stress, exercise, environmental factors, and other activities and notes
+ Record any symptoms you experience (including intensity, duration, and notes)
+ Record your energy, sleep quality, and bowel movements (using Bristol scale)
+ View and modify your diary entries
+ Create and modify your own symptoms
+ Export your food diary as a HTML report for printing or sharing (note: requires SD card)
+ Add or modify your own drinks, foods, medications, exercises, and other activities
+ Add or modify meals with your own ingredients
+ Add or modify detailed ingredients to any item – food, drink or medication
+ Analyze your food diary to find correlations between your diet and symptoms
+ The analysis window can be set between 1 and 72 hours
+ Optionally set the date range to analyze
+ Results lists the correlations for a selected symptom
+ Detailed results for each item including histogram and trend chart
Please note that the analysis algorithms use statistical methods to identify suspect foods/items and do not understand your diet or specific health circumstances.
The information provided by this app is not medical advice - the app is intended to provide insights to help you and your doctor / dietitian as part of a broader, holistic investigation. Always consult a doctor first if you have any concerns about your health. Always consult a licensed health professional prior to modifying your diet.
mySymptoms also provides a list of common symptoms for food intolerance, IBS, IBD and Crohn's, but you can add extra symptoms as required.
NOTE: mySymptoms Food Diary currently supports portrait orientation only.
*** SUPPORT ***
If you experience any issues with the App, then please contact support to report it - we will then do our utmost to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thanks!
* More information about my Symptoms can be found at www.mysymptomsapp.com
Please visit www.mysymptomsapp.com
Any queries: email@example.com
- What is a Food Allergy?
- Food Intolerance
Plus a large section on where to get more information on Food Allergies and how to effectively live with them.
• Featured multiple times on the Google Play store
• 1st prize - US Surgeon General Healthy App Challenge
• Featured in Oprah, USAToday, NYTimes, WSJ, and on ABC, FOX, NBC and more...
• Recommended by dietitians, physicians, fitness gurus, and your friends
***** “I have lost 55 pounds with Fooducate. I've learned how to eat healthy once and for all.”
***** "I am eating healthier, losing weight and enjoying food shopping again.”
***** “Use it daily and I've lost over 15 lbs the correct and healthy way.”
***** "Fooducate is undoubtedly the best health related app!"
***** "Awesome app! I scan EVERYTHING in the supermarket now. :D"
***** "Fooducate is like having a dietitian on speed dial"
***** "This app has helped me lose that final few pounds by helping me make better food choices.”
YOUR HEALTHY DIET PARTNER
+ Track your food intake, calories and exercise
+ Pay attention to the quality of calories, not just quantity
+ Automatically scan a product barcode to see a food’s nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D)
+ Learn about a product's pros and cons
+ Choose healthier alternatives
+ Add your own foods to track
+ Discuss with the community
FOODUCATE TEACHES YOU TO EAT FOR HEALTH!
Fooducate analyzes information found in product nutrition panels and ingredient lists. Scan to discover things manufacturers don't want you to notice:
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- GMO - genetical modified organisms (premium feature)
- additives and preservatives
- artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
- and more...
- age, gender,weight, height, activity level
- desired weight loss rate
- carb control
- health conditions (low cholesterol, pregnancy,...)
- dietary goals (non processed foods, vegetarian)
- avoid MSG, HFCS, GMOs and other scary acronyms
- Gluten free and other allergens
(Note: some personalization features require upgrade to a premium version)
TIRED OF FAD DIETS?
* Do you want to lose weight without low calorie food full of artificial crap?
* Do you want to eat better, healthier food?
* Are you confused by ingredient lists, nutrition labels, health claims, and marketing hype?
---> Download FOODUCATE, and start eating better NOW.
THE BEST NUTRITION APP
• Largest product database (unique barcodes)
• Created by scientists, dietitians and concerned parents
• Includes products from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and other private labels
• Clean, simple interface give you a food grade, calories, plus all the info you need in less than 5 seconds
• It works - 80% of our users have chosen healthier alternatives suggested by Fooducate
HOW FOODUCATE GRADES PRODUCTS
Products are awarded a nutrition grade of A, B, C, or D by an automatic algorithm. Minimally processed, real foods with intrinsic nutrients will score better than processed foods that are poor in built-in nutrients. Our analysis is based on information that appears on a product’s package - the nutrition facts panel and the ingredient list. Fooducate does not receive any additional input from manufacturers. Fooducate is NOT funded by food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
* Requires Android OS version 2.2 or higher, touch screen, and camera (Not tested on Android tablets)
* Works only with US products
We use the largest database of food and drink products available in the US, to detect the presence of gluten. This database includes over 500,000+ products and growing. A team of dietitians, nutritionists and researchers take care of the accuracy of this information.
Every scan will be analyzed on three levels, to provide greater information and protection:
- The product is gluten free.
- The product can contain gluten. The app shows the list of ingredients (allergens).
- The product is not gluten free. The app shows the list of ingredients.
This enables you to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to try the product.
· SEARCH by Product Name, Brand or Category, over 35,000 GLUTEN-FREE products (Full Version of the app)
We have plans for new features in the future and always welcome your suggestions.
*** NEW! **** ALSO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE:
* Quick access to allergen info, nutrition info, ingredients and more
* Provides direct links to the info, no more hunting through sites for it
* Extensive restaurant list, constantly being updated within the app
* Favorites - maintain a list of your favorite restaurants for easy access
* Missing your favorite restaurant? No problem, request it through the app
FDDB Scanner ist die ideale App, um zum Abnehmen oder Erreichen von z.B. Fitness-Zielen die aufgenommenen Kalorien und Makronährstoffe im Blick zu haben. Eine Diät oder Ernährungsumstellung kann somit viel leichter eingehalten werden.
- Ernährungstagebuch mit Lebensmitteln und Aktivitäten abrufen, Einträge löschen oder erneut hinzufügen
- Vergangene Tage anschauen
- Produkte durch Textsuche oder Barcode-Scan hinzufügen
- Gemerkte Produkte abrufen, hinzufügen und löschen
- Eigene Listen abrufen
- Aktivitäten zum Tagebuch hinzufügen
- Gewicht im Diätbericht abrufen und aktualisieren
- Profil anschauen
- Bei Problemen und Fragen bitte zuerst unter "Über App" (vor allem FAQ) schauen, ob dazu etwas zu finden ist -
By using the What's In This Stuff? app you will be able identify controversial ingredients that you don't want your family to eat. Don't diet, don't be mislead by hyped up marketing, read unbiased descriptions about every ingredient on the nutrition label, and decide for yourself!
You can visit us on the web at WhatsInThisStuff.com. Our mission is to give people concise information about food ingredients, let them decide which ingredients they like and dislike, and then enable them to quickly make decisions about which food products they want to purchase and consume.
The app allows to view the 25000 products already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for missing products.
To discover the Open Food Facts project, please visit http://openfoodfacts.org
While in app, give your phone a bump to easily access your profile’s barcode for check-in scanning. Food truck owners will be able to scan your code and give you points when you make a purchase.
Food Cravers’ digital check-in system allows customers to redeem their check-ins for Food Truck Owner created coupons and rewards.
Easily browse the top food trucks in your area; scan through menus, specials, and images before deciding what to eat for lunch.
Your city may have as many as 2000 different food-serving venues that are operating with a failing health code score. Don’t you think it’s important to know which one you are eating at?
Browse any place in your city where you might be sitting down to eat or purchasing food products from. From Fine Dining Restaurants to Fast Food Chains, to your Children's School and Daycares and even your local jail. Find out exactly what they scored on their last health code inspection and read the customer reviews that make it one of the best places in town, where you should NEVER eat!