iPrompts®, the original app for visual supports, is used by parents, special educators and therapists of those with autism and other developmental delays. iPrompts® also works great with kids who just need more structure, including kids with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD), and even typical, pre-verbal toddlers!
iPrompts® is used by thousands of caregivers, and has been acclaimed on television and in news stories worldwide. Created by the parents of a boy with Autism and researched under a U.S. Department of Education study, the app provides several useful visual and picture prompting tools (no audio prompts or voice output) to help individuals transition from one activity to the next, understand upcoming events, make choices, and focus on the task at hand:
* PICTURE SCHEDULES: Allows caregivers to create and present sequences of pictures, guiding those they care for through activities of any sort. Schedules can have many pictures, or even just two (i.e., to create a FIRST THIS, THEN THAT picture prompt). Captions can be edited for each image, allowing users to create basic SOCIAL STORIES™. To create a Schedule, users can choose from hundreds of stock photos and illustrations in our starter Library, add pictures from a built-in Web Search tool, or snap pictures using the rear-facing camera of an equipped Android device.
* VISUAL COUNTDOWN TIMER: Displays an image of the caregiver's choice along with a graphical countdown timer (set to any duration). Useful for demonstrating how much time is left until a current activity ends, or before the next pictured activity begins.
* CHOICE PROMPTS: Lets caregivers offer choices between images, empowering those who cannot vocalize their preferences. When rotated horizontally, the Choice Prompt and Picture Schedule features enlarge and orient images for display to individuals needing visual support.
* EXPANDABLE IMAGE LIBRARY: Our starter library includes hundreds of useful illustrations and digital pictures across many categories. Users may add their own images to the Library through a built-in Web Search feature, or by taking pictures with the rear-facing camera of an equipped Android device. Users may also duplicate or delete images, and edit their captions.
iPrompts® is a portable, flexible, easy-to-use, stigma-free and green alternative to using physical pictures (like PECS), and is especially helpful in reducing the frustrations of everyday life when traveling or on the go. The app is also the subject of a U.S. Department of Education-funded research study in special education settings.
Endorsements, Awards and Other Support:
* Finalist in About.com Reader's Choice Award (Favorite Special Needs App, 2012)
* Featured Partner in Autism Speaks Online Marketplace
* Research of iPrompts® in special education funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences, Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
* Frequent top-grossing app on iOS (Medical, daily sales)
* iPrompts® is designed for a consistent and stable visual support and picture prompting experience on a wide array of Android-compatible devices. We find that it works best on the most recent 4"+ smartphones and on 7" tablets. A growing list of verified smartphones and tablets is provided below. Please check back as we add to the list. If your device is not on this list and you've installed the app, please email us at [email@example.com] and let us know how iPrompts® is running for you!
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus (3.2)
* Acer Iconia A200 (4.0.3)
* HTC Flyer (3.2.1)
* Samsung Galaxy Nexus (4.0.2)
* HTC Inspire (2.3)
The application's method of analysis uses what is considered to be current best practice in the field of discrepancy analysis. It employs means regression and accounts for standard error. Discrepancy Calculator accepts scores from a large number of nationally normed tests. The list is updated as new tests come on line. Discrepancy Calculator uses split-half reliability coefficients to estimate test correlations if they are not available from test publishers.
The application provides fast, very convenient reporting of the significance and severity of discrepancies in test scores and fits a student's cognitive and achievement scores on a bell curve showing percentile ranks.
Discrepancy Calculator becomes an essential tool for special educators, parents, advocates and all others who are concerned about children's success.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you update your app, please go to the action bar menu and tap on "RESET TEST LISTS" to make your device recognize IQ and achievement tests that have been added.
Included in the app is a list of responses to possible situations that parents may find themselves in when faced with educational personnel; a list of resources to check out, including a glossary, books, movies, and websites; and strategies to educate parents on their educational rights and what they can do to advocate for their child.
NEXUS Live App Features Include…
• Daily Schedule
• Speaker Bios
• Live Polls – during the event!
• Surveys – provide feedback
• Activity Feed (in app) – Twitter and Facebook Feeds
• NEXUSzone - compete and have fun with other NEXUS Live attendees!
• Featured Backstage Exclusives
• NEXUS Pics – share your NEXUS Live experience!
• NEXUS Live Sites Map