Listen Hear 5 consists of activities relating to the beginning sound/s of words.
Listen Hear 5 covers: the sounds of the alphabet except 'x'; consonant digraphs: ch, sh and th; f, l, s and r blends/clusters.
In keeping with the previous Listen Hear Apps the focus is on sound awareness and listening.
Listen Hear 5 can be used to assist with speech sound/articulation practice, letter sound awareness, early literacy, phonemic awareness, naming and word retrieval, language development and vocabulary.
Each sound has 5 related activities and between 5 and 8 pictures. The sounds covered appear on the main screen.
The five activities for each group of sounds are:
* jigsaws The default setting is for 12 pieces. But there is a choice of 6, 12 or 20 pieces.
* find us A fun way to search for chosen sounds. The pictures can also be used for revision of speech sound production, letter sound awareness, naming and word retrieval, extending vocabulary and making up sentences for language development.
* memory Finding the matching sound pairs.
* listen Another fun way of identifying the chosen sound.
* frames Put each picture back in its frame.
Other Apps by Speechiefun:
Listen Hear 1 - sounds, words and games Listen Hear 2 - sounds, words, rhyme etc Listen Hear 3 - numbers Listen Hear 4 - stories