TeamsID makes creating, storing, sharing and controlling business passwords simple and secure for everyone in your organization. TeamsID provides a flexible and centralized dashboard to make sure all the right people have access to all those bits of information -- passwords, account numbers, codes, or other sensitive records -- that they need to do their job. Advanced controls allow the admins to manage the organization’s information, while employees can access their web-logins with a click of a button.
With TeamsID, everyone is up to date and there is no need to send bits and pieces of confidential information like passwords over email, IM, or voice mail.
Getting started is easy - create an organization, set up appropriate teams, and then invite members into those teams. Then, anyone in a team can start creating records and making them available to others. You can also create confidential records that only you have access to.
With everyone using TeamsID, your organization is more secure, team members spend less time looking for information, and everyone gets more work done.
Top 5 questions asked by TeamsID customers.
1. Does TeamsID have an on-premises, self-hosted version?
Answer: Yes, an on-premises version of TeamsID is available, including all the same great features as the cloud version. We strongly recommend downloading and testing TeamsID cloud version to experience all great benefits before setting up an on-premises version. If you are ready to get setup with the TeamsID Business Password Manager or have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Does TeamsID integrate with SSO providers, SAML or LDAP?
Answer: Yes, TeamsID includes integrations with Google Apps for Work, Active Directory and Okta.
3. Does TeamsID support two-factor authentication (2FA)?
Answer: Yes, TeamsID includes account 2FA options to better secure your TeamsID account.
4. Does TeamsID only store web-logins?
Answer: No, TeamsID can store any bit of information your organization needs stored, secured or shared with custom record types. Predefined records types including credit cards, accounts, server information, employee information, or other sensitive record types are
5. How long does it take to get my organizational implemented with TeamsID?
Answer: TeamsID is easy to implement throughout your entire organization, no matter the size or number of records you are bringing over. Admins can invite all their employees, add and assign all their records to teams with the TeamsID CSV import options.
What are the most asked about features?
1. One-time sharing. Share a record outside of TeamsID with contractors or clients that can only be viewed once over a 24 hour period of time.
2. Custom record types. Create a custom record types to store any bit of business information you organization needs stored, secured and shared.
3. My records folder. Each user gets a personal folder for their personal records, helping them build a safe password management behavior that will translate through your business. This folder can be turned off by organizational admins.
4. Password generator. Creating complex unique passwords is easy with the TeamsID build in password generator.