- This app is truly a fun experience where you get to design rainbow patterns.
- The color, geometric patterns, and overall beauty of the designs created make this app a work of art.
- Other apps in the app store that are similar (Fireworks, Spin Art, Spirograph, Tripping App, Mandala Generator) have pretty designs, but their pictures were created for you by the developer or an artist. With Trigonometrics, you are the discoverer of the patterns. You are only limited by your imagination.
- The generated images are a product of mathematical truths. The patterns excite us because they are written in our DNA. The images in these designs are the fingerprints of the divine.
A polar graph is a math concept where the distance r from the center of the graph is determined by an equation. [r=1 would be a circle. r=sin(angle) makes loops]
Normally you start the angle from 0 and go all the way around to 360 degrees incrementing by some small amount. When you skip say every 80 degrees, you get something interesting. A Maurer Rose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurer_rose
Trigonometrics takes this maurer rose idea and puts you in control of every aspect of the design:
The size, location, color palette, amount to skip, and a multiplier for the angle (to determine how many petals your maurer rose will have).
DESCRIPTION OF CONTROLS:
* Change the size and location: The first button allows you to pinch,tap, and drag to change the size/location. If you let go while pinching in, you can have the design continue to get smaller.
* Change the rainbow: There are basically 2 rainbow palettes. One cycles through all the colors in their proper rainbow order. The other will randomly meander from color to color. Continually pressing this button will give you different rainbow options.
* Control the angle: Press this button and pinching,tapping and dragging will modify the angle skip parameter.
* Control the wave: This button, with pinching, tapping, and dragging will allow you to change the number of petals your rose has.
* Bomb Button: This will clear the screen but keep all your properties. Press the Menu button to save your image.
* Play/Pause Button: "Pause" the action, then "play" to restart.
* Remove Targets: Switch between the newer target control design method and the original pinch and zoom method.
* Random Pattern (dice): Generate a random pattern.
Menu button: save your image or exit.
* Rotate: Rotate the design around the center axis.
* Skip Selector: Select how many degrees to skip: continuous, 5, 12.5 or 22.5