A location-based pick-up sports app for the everyday athlete. Discover, join and play pick-up sports instantly with the power of your smartphone.
1. Choose between 12 of your favourite sports
2. Create your own games and play with friends, other players from your area or both
3. Search for games within your area, neighbourhood or city (you decide your preferred distance radius)
4. Use Sportan’s search feature to find other players, venues and existing games
5. Friends not on the app? Use our app’s native sharing feature to get them up-and-running pronto
1. Is Sportan completely be free?
Of course :)
2. What devices will it be available for?
Currently Sportan is available for both Android and iOS devices. Preparations for a fully functional website has already begun!
4. What sports does Sportan support?
Sportan supports the following sports: 1) Soccer 2) Basketball 3) Football 4) Tennis 5) PingPong 6) Baseball 7) Squash 8) Hockey 9) Badminton 10) Bowling 11) Golf 12) Cricket
7. What about venues?
Selecting a venue through Sportan doesn't technically book the venue. We're working on streamlining that too, but it'll hopefully be integrated by Phase 2 (2015).Until then, the user is still required to call the venue and make the booking.
*WHERE DID IT ALL START?*
They say necessity is the mother of all invention. Well, with Sportan it's no different.
The inspiration came when Saqib - a passionate soccer fan - couldn't find anyone in his area to play soccer with. What's worst was that he didn't know of any games happening that very moment either, nor did he know where to look.
It got him thinking: "There's got to be someone in my area who's down to play soccer. But just how do I connect with them!?"
And the rest, as it's said, is history.
*WHY WE'RE DOING THIS*
While the ability connect with virtually anyone, anywhere, focused to a specific interest, exists via numerous social media and networks, you'd be hard done to find the king-pin social sports network.
The way we connect with each other has evolved, but everyday athletes still have to rely on traditional means - text messages, emails, phone calls - to organize sports with their friends. Organizing or finding public pick-up sports in a defined area, well that just doesn't exist.