This version is beta test version. Please give me feedback and I will brush up this application. The followings are support plan:
- suppport of doubles match
- support of practice record
- support of multimedia (photo and movie)
- sort and search function for past records
- and so on...
This Sports Split Step Tennis Application provides 10 drills that allow the athlete to improve their acceleration and speed of movement in a progressively challenging manner. Emphasis on seeing, anticipating, hearing and then reacting provides a process by which all athletes can increase their sensory-motor skills, something referred to as Reaction-Based Training.
1. Three levels of difficulty (Slow, Medium, Fast).
2. Movement selections from 10 different drills.
3. Drills have timed movements in 8 different directions or combinations of
4. Eight drills are Closed (repeatable) and 2 drills are user selectable as
Open (Random) or Closed patterns.
5. A simple and fun experience of introducing athletes to sensory-motor
6. Unique stimulus for generating the timing for initial movements used in many
different sports (i.e. split step in tennis or pre-hop in baseball).
7. A training environment for combining initial movements with sport specific
development (i.e. melding of the split step, movement to ball, and hitting an
imaginary tennis ball).
8. Sensory cues (both visual and audio) by which to anticipate movement
involved in learning to time and hit an imaginary ball, (i.e. decelerating and
execution of a sports specific movement).
9. Challenges that improve agility and balance for all athletes, while
improving sports specific conditioning.
10. Using bungee cords to develop strength and conditioning while developing
the sensory-motor training.
'Shadowing' Drills (Cues Include 4 Directional Arrows)
1. Split-Hop (vertical timing of the hop, no Directional Arrows)
2. Left (moving to left Directional Arrow)
3. Right (moving to right Directional Arrow)
4. Middle (moving as in an inside-out shot, left & right Directional Arrows
5. Lateral (moving to left, Middle, & right Directional Arrows, Closed or Open)
6. Fwd Left (moving forward & left, top & left Directional Arrows)
7. Fwd Right (moving forward & right, top and right Directional Arrows)
8. Back Left (moving back & left, bottom and left Directional Arrows)
9. Back Right (moving back & right, bottom and right Directional Arrows)
10. All Directions (moving in each of 8 different (Closed or Open)