Whether you are looking to inject more creativity into your practices with small area games, need new ideas for goaltender training or want to amp up your team's off-ice training, USA Hockey's Mobile Coach has a variety of interactive tools to benefit you and, ultimately, the young athletes you guide and mentor.
- Browse skills & drills video clips, practice plans, manuals and drills
- Share video clips before or after practice with your players or parents
- Pinch-to-zoom practice plans, drills and manuals
- Pin practice plans and skills to your device to access without an internet connection
- Connect with the corresponding desktop companion to create and share your personal practice plans
- Consult with rulebooks, manuals, policies and skill development guides
App login for customized practice plans is available via a login: Go to http://mobilecoach.usahockey.com and simply fill in your last name and USA Hockey number to create a mobile account. If you're new to USA Hockey and want to become a member we'll walk you through the registration process on the same website. The mobile account gives you access to create and share custom practice plans.
You do NOT need a login to access the app, simply click 'Enter as a Guest.'
If you have any trouble creating your mobile account or logging in, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com before writing a review. We're here to help!
The USA Hockey Mobile Coach (the "App") has been designed to demonstrate drills and coaching techniques on mobile devices and it is anticipated that coaches may desire to use the App on the ice or at the rink as an aid in their practices and in demonstrations during or before and after games. Because mobile devices may be damaged if dropped or hit by a puck, stick or other accident, the use of them on the ice or in the arena is at your own risk and you accept and assume the risk of damage to your mobile device. As a condition of your purchase of the App, you agree that USA Hockey shall not be liable for any damage to your mobile device occurring as a result or related to your use of the App.
PlayCreator is an essential sports whiteboard application for coaches and players to draw up plays and tactics. Instantly create plays by dragging and dropping Xs and Os to show offensive and defensive positions. Full and half field scenes are available for Hockey, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Rugby, Cricket, Field Hockey and 3 types of Lacrosse (Men's Field Lacrosse, Women's Field Lacrosse and Box Lacrosse), as well as a blank white board for drawing or sketching other information.
New in 1.1:
- Added Field Hockey, Cricket and Rugby fields
- Added a Screenshot button to the Save/Load menu to save a screenshot of the current play to your device's storage which can be shared outside the app
- Added a referee object which can be placed in a scene
- Improved play Saving speed
- Multi-colored Marker for circling and identifying areas or players in a play
- Straight and Free-Form Arrow tool for showing direction
- Sport appropriate Balls
- Pylons and Referees for drawing up training exercises
- 20 Different Scenes for 10 sports (Half and Full field backgrounds for Hockey, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Field Hockey, Rugby and 3 types of Lacrosse (Men's Field Lacrosse, Women's Field Lacrosse and Box Lacrosse), as well as Cricket and a blank scene). More sports coming soon...
- Eraser tool for clearing only specific objects (marker only, arrows only, objects only or clear all)
- Move tool for moving objects or arrows around in an already drawn play
- Full Undo and Redo of all actions
- "Lock tool" so the scene can be touched with a finger without moving or drawing on the existing play
- Save an unlimited number of plays on your device and call them up at any time.
- Take screenshots with the Camera tool and email them to your teammates/players.
** Send your field requests (and other feature requests) to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't see a field that you need!
- 24 sports including Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bocce, Bowling, Cricket, Curling, Field Hockey, Floorball, Football, Handball, Hockey, Lacrosse, Netball, Rink Hockey, Roller Derby, Rugby, Shuffleboard, Soccer, Squash, Table Shuffleboard, Tennis, Volleyball, and Water Polo
- Multiple colors and different sizes of pens
- Add text with different font sizes and colors
- Add balls, X/O, player positions, letters, numbers, and players from your teams as images on the play that you can resize and move around the screen.
- Use eraser to erase part or all of your play
- Ability to undo and redo changes
- Create your team roster with player information. Use your teams to easily add players to the field and also contact them by phone or email. Create your team lineup and send it to your notifications so you can easily view your roster on your favorite wearable devices like Android Wear, Pebble, Gear, or even Google Glass so you can follow the lineup during the game.
- Save plays to your device to view and modify them at a later date
- Share an image of the play with your team and coaches via email, text, Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Evernote or any of your favorite apps that accept images.
- Detailed help instructions on how to use the app
- Thanks for all the feedback! Let us know if there are any other sports you would like added. Email if you would like to be a Beta tester to help test out new versions.
* Double tap on players to change number/name
- Move players and puck will finger
- Change player number
- Display player name
- Change no. of player per team
- Draw lines with your fingers
- Erase lines (undo)
- Half ice and full ice view
- Save and load plays
- Adjust animation speed
- Change player and line colours
- Share via email (tap and hold onto saved play)