A goofy chameleon with a love for dancing introduces children to letter sounds and phonics in a fun way as kids learn to spell independently. This game tracks individual spelling progress and adapts the gameplay to help children understand how to correct their spelling as they experiment with letters and explore word construction.
Compatible with the Square Panda Playset, children stay engaged in their learning while using Square Panda smart letters to hear their chameleon friend sound out any letter or word, even silly words! In exploratory mode as children spell out real words, a picture of the word will appear and a celebratory animation and dance will reinforce the learning! This also helps them understand where the sounds in the words originate.
Great for children who have limited knowledge of how to spell and need additional guidance. In word mode, words are leveled from CVC to CCVC/CVCC and the curriculum provides consistent exposure to vowel sounds as well as common consonant blends. Square Panda Lagoon will help them learn: the Alphabet, letter sounds, word construction, vocabulary comprehension, spelling and reading fluency.
Phonics Benefits: Children learn that symbols correspond with specific phonemic sounds and when placed individually or together create brand new sounds. These sounds tied-together have meaning and this meaning is the construct for the entire English language.
· Over 2,500 pictures of children’s first words
· Over 100,000 possible phonemic word creations
· Fun game modes that engage children and encourage them to practice spelling (Exploratory Mode and Word Mode)!
· Enter your own pictures of family, familiar objects and even words in the Square Panda Parent Playground and see them appear!
· Inventive spelling: children can play without "failing" and build confidence
· Adaptive learning: children start in assessment mode and Square Panda track's their ability to spell real words in real time. From there, children are prompted with specific words at their level or stay in exploratory mode and spell their own words.
· Scaffolded feedback: children who misspell words will be given prompts repeating the whole word back, breaking down individual sounds and providing visual cues. Square Panda's tracks letter and word mastery for future sessions.
· Real time performance tracking: reporting in Square Panda’s Parent and Teacher Portals now includes detailed analysis of spelling errors and more.