This application is intended to be used for forensic purposes, to estimate time since death in the early postmortem period, by the dynamics of reducing the rectal temperature of the corpse, using the method developed by C. Henssge.
To use this method, you need the following parameters:
- the rectal temperature of the corpse, measured at a depth of 10 cm;
- ambient temperature (the environment of the body);
- mass of the corpse;
- characteristics of clothing on the corpse;
- characteristics of atmospheric conditions;
- characteristic of the base under the corpse.
The program has a built-in unit for calculating body weight from anthropometric indicators, as well as blocks for automatically determining the correction factors for body weight, depending on the conditions of the body environment and the presence of clothing. In addition, there is the possibility of manually entering a correction factor, and a built-in reference on the measurement procedure, as well as self-calculating coefficients, on the built-in tables.
With the help of this program you can calculate the time since death on the scene of the accident, using your smartphone.