OpenSignal app is a powerful and free network signal & wifi tool.
Run a speed test to check your wifi or mobile network, monitor data usage, compare coverage on 3, EE, Vodafone and more, view speeds history, get a signal alert when you've got no connection. OpenSignal does it all.
With free wifi maps & cell tower maps: see where to go to improve your connection. Use coverage maps to compare networks & data speed in your area.
Download now to find high speed data and strong signal for phone calls.
✓ Cell tower direction - follow our signal compass to stronger signal
✓ Download, upload and latency tests - for 2G, 3G, LTE and wifi
✓ Database of your speed test results so you can view test history - stored in app, so see results offline
✓ Compare coverage and connection quality on a google map
✓ History of your mobile connection - see stats on your connection to 4G and 3G and your data usage
✓ Find fast wifi with our interactive wifi map
✓ Free and no ads
Easy, Fast Speedtest
• Test download speed, upload speed and ping performance for wifi & mobile
• Units in mbps and ms
• History of results saved to a database - speed test history on a map
• Speedometer style interface
• Save to sd card as a CSV
• Works for mobile and cable broadband (ADSL)
• Shows direction of your connected cell tower - walking towards it, or out of the way of obstructions, can improve cellular connection
• Ping test for quick speed check
• Signal strength in dB
• (Settings) Get signal alert when you have no data or can't make phone calls
What we're not
• We're not a speed booster that will magically give you high speed data
• But using the signal compass to get a stronger connection, or setting a signal alert can help you get faster data
• You can also use our coverage maps to decide which network is best for you
Cell and Wifi Maps
• Where we have data, see the cell towers on *your* network - including, 3, EE, O2, Vodafone + more
• Wifi hotspots map and list - find free wifi nearby
• Unique network tools: signal compass, signal strength in dBm
• Uses Google Maps
• By using the app you help crowdsource data - automatically adding networks and wifis
View history and stats
• View data usage on wifi and mobile
• How long have you had access to 4G (LTE), 3G or 2G, or spent in signal notspots? See your stats for network availability
• Save to SD Card as a CSV - see your history of LTE, 3G measurements and more
Compare networks with our coverage map
• Interactive google maps covering mobile networks worldwide
• Compare performance on 3, EE, O2, Vodafone and many more internationally (like T Mobile, Reliance Jio, Optus)
• Coverage checker for if you're moving home or going abroad, see if you can make calls or get fast data
• See average speeds for download, upload and latency and network strength
• 100% independent, our data is based on real measurements from app users
Since launching in 2010, OpenSignal has built the largest global database on mobile performance.
With hundreds of billions of readings of mobile network signal strength and speed tests, OpenSignal shows the performance where you live. Download the app to automatically contribute data on speed and 2G, 3G and LTE signal, or you can choose to turn off data collection settings.
Want to check app performance - know if you can get fast video on Youtube, or if WhatsApp will send messages - check our sister app Meteor which is powered by OpenSignal technology.
LOCATION to show you nearby wifi and antennas
PHONE SETTINGS allows network reset on some Android OSs
SMS to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
On CDMA networks you will see fewer towers than on GSM networks such as 3 UK, EE, O2 & Vodafone are all GSM.
Help test and develop features! Join the OpenSignal beta http://opnsg.nl/beta-community. We're developing other network tools - we'd love to hear from you