it can be accessed at:https://github.com/fantastxmw/kbLight
Turn on or turn off the backlight of keyboard.
This is an application with only single feature ripped from AdjBrightness but with auto boot supported.
***If you installed both AdjBrightness and Keyboard backlight controller, please untick the button settings in AdjBrightness***
== What is the BLN mod? ==
The BLN mod turns the touchkey backlights into a notification led.
It enables any android application to use the touchkey backlights of your phone as a notification led.
== What does this app? ==
This application gives you control over the settings of the BacklightNotification modification (BLN mod) on your phone and some additional functionality.
If the BLN mod is not yet installed on your phone, then the app can direct you to instructions for the BLN mod installation.
== Supported phones: ==
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Google Nexus S
== Features: ==
* enable/disable the BLN function
* adjustable timeout of static led notification
* update notification (new BLN app, liblights or kernel releases)
Have a look at the Pro version, if you want some additional features:
* Locale plug-in
* scheduler (disable BLN at night, ...)
and a few more.
** Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!
Please do NOT use the comments in the market for bug reports/feature requests or any other support requests.
Please contact me by e-mail or at xda-forum - thank you.
1. Any extra permissions like read phone state are due to admob ads identifying unique installations. I'm looking into a way to make this not required.
2. Doesnt work on Sense UI devices (i.e. Hero).
3. Potential conflict with Juice Defender. JD seems to negate any requests of this app to change brightness.
Android recognizes values from 1-255 with 1 being darkest and 255 being brightest. It also has support for automatic brightness. Default levels are 1, 50, 150, and 255 respectively. To enable Auto Brightness you can use the letter 'a'.
Backlight! controls the screen brightness level only. It does not adjust keyboard brightness or other light features of the phone.
Don’t forget to add/re-add the widgets to the home screen!
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
All apps are supported in the full version, click on the plus button on the top and add the missing.
This app is very simple to use and not much configuration is needed!
✔ Works with latest Android Lollipop Version
✔ individual settings for each app, e. g. blink rate, vibration, sounds and repeats
✔ light and dark color scheme
✔ export/import settings (no lost settings when you install new ROMS/mods)
✔ Silent mode for every day (enable it for the night to stop blinking
✔ widget to deactivate LED Blinker/remove notifications quickly
✔ Screen LED for phones without real LED
Examples for apps with notifications:
✔ missed calls and sms
✔ Battery status (LED notification for low battery, < 10%)
✔ Google Mail
✔ Google Talk/Google Hangouts
✔ Calendar reminder notifications
✔ Standard EMail App
✔ SNOView - Social Network Overview notification
✔ Facebook messages
✔ WhatsApp messages
✔ Skype messages
✔ Bluetooth messages (LED goes on when bluetooth is active)
✔ Alternative On-Screen-LED
✔ Twitter, Threema (now with group support), Facebook Messenger and so on.
* AndroidHeadLines: 'LED Blinker is an Android app that aims to make it much easier to help you figure out which notification is which'.
Unlike other apps in this category you don't need 'ROOT' access to use LED Blinker and this app is very battery friendly!
All rights are needed to run the app, lesser are not possible.
The new right to write to SD card it needed for error reports (check menu extras: Debug mode), please send it to email@example.com if you have found an error.
Please try out the lite version at first to see if your hardware LED works (on screen LED is always working!).
LEDBlinker Notifications has no internet permission, your data is safe!!!
Please check device specific hints at the end!
Fast support is very important for me! (Look at the ratings, thanks to all people!)
If you have problems please do a full re-install and/or reboot your phone.
Otherwise contact me at Facebook/Google+/Email to get help.
Warning: If your phone speaks after install (Samsung S4, S3, S3 Mini, S2, Note1, Note2, Note3, LG Nexus 4) you have to disable Samsung TTS (text-to-speech) under settings -> apps manager -> all (on the right) and Google TTS (text-to-speech).
Only needed when you use the accessiblity service!
Another solution to fix talkback issue:
You can change the launcher by using another one from the Google Play Store. For example, Solo Launcher - Swift & Smart, Nova Launcher, Go Launcher and Holo Launcher. These launchers will not exhibit this bug.
For Samsung S4 users: If your phone speaks when opening your browser you have to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox.
Hint HTC users: Your phone is NOT supported, you have to use the on screen led!
Sony Phones: Please disable stamina mode in your device settings.
Let your led glow with different colors!
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
It also allows you to set repeating sounds on vibration patterns for you notifications. You can also set a "sleep" mode or "on charge" where the lights and/or sounds and vibrations will not be heard or seen. If you've come from a Blackberry device and miss the features of BeBuzz / BerryBuzz then give LightFlow a try!
This program will allow you to control the notification color for the over 600 applications and system events such as:
* Missed calls
* Voice mail
* Calendar reminders
* SMS messages
* MMS messages
* Low battery
* No signal
* Google talk
...and many many more
See our website for a full list of applications supported:
It allows the colors to flash in succession, so if you have a new SMS and a missed call it can alternate between the two colors. You can also set which notification type has the highest priority and let it flash in just that one color.
It'll even push notifications out to your pebble smart watch, Sony smart Watch and the DashClock lock screen extension.
For a full changelog see here: For a full changelog see here:
For a full list of permissions required and why see here:
Samsung phones when accessibility is enabled may cause the phone to start talking, warnings about air view and a few other issues. These are confirmed samsung bugs (see here: http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=GeneralB&messageId=204387) but the app can be run without the accessibility service and still work (but with a reduced notification list)
Not all phones support all colors.
For example: Most HTC phones only support 3 colors and require "Rooting" and running the app in "direct mode"
Some phones can only light up the notification while the screen is off.
Some phones cannot have their notification light always on
Some phones cannot have their notification blink and it will always be on
Note that it will take over control of your notifications and you will therefore only get notifications for categories that the app allows.
★ We recommend you try the "lite" version first before purchasing to avoid any disappointment if it doesn't work for you. Some phones require root privileges to access the LEDs. ★
★ For the differences between this version and the lite version see here: http://www.reactle.com/p/features.html ★
★ If after updating you have problems we recommend you reboot your phone ★
** Most HTC phones require "direct mode" setting. Most gingerbread builds for HTC phones require root access due to HTC changing the permissions on the LED control files. **
** If upgrading from the "lite" version, please uninstall the lite version first but you can backup and restore settings between versions **
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
StayLit Wear lets you adjust the time until the display goes dark after the watch has been waked (i.e. the time the display stays on after you have tapped the screen, moved the watch, or pressed the button). Choose from a range of values of up to 60 seconds.
USAGE: After installing the app on your phone, please allow approx. 45 seconds for the app to be pushed to your watch. In order to adjust the backlight timeout, open the StayLit Wear app on your watch by tapping the screen until the red Google icon appears and the prompt to "Speak Now“. Now swipe up and scroll down the list all the way until you see the entry "Start“. Tap on it, and scroll down the list of apps until you see "StayLit Wear“. Tap on it to open the Extended Backlight settings. There, scroll down (and up) for the list of values. Choose a setting by tapping on it. Deactivate StayLit Wear by selecting "off“ in this list. (NOTE: Due to an issue with Wear 5.0, on some devices, it may be necessary to re-select the desired light timeout each time you change the watchface.)
INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING: After having been installed on the phone, the app should show up in the phone's Application Manager (in Settings > Options). However, it does not show up in the phone's app drawer (since all settings are done on the watch). On the watch, the app should show up in the Start... menu. If you are having problems installing or running the app, please contact me - I will be happy to help!
NOTE: Setting a significantly longer backlight timeout will reduce battery life. We recommend switching the display’s "Always On" mode to "Off“ (available through long-pressing the watch's button) while using StayLit Wear with a longer backlight timeout. (However, a few seconds of backlight more do not affect battery life greatly, and will already make watchfaces more enjoyable - especially animated ones...)
----- NOTICE ----------------
1) How to solve Text-To-Speech problem. (Voice issue)
(1) In app, Click FAQ in menu button or screen of Notification App
(2) Disable all of TTS-related app on the below in FAQ screen.
2) If it doesn't work sometimes, Try to turn the power off and then on.
3) Setup info for GoSMS, HandcentSMS, third party SMS apps
- Add to Notification App, because they prevent original SMS message event.
- GoSMS → Settings → Advanced Tab → Receive Settings → uncheck "Disable other message notification"
# Notification Flash & Screen Flash
- Flash when a new notification arrives in selected app
(Whatsapp, Email, Twitter, Alarm/Clock, Messenger, any other app)
* For Android 4.3 or above : [Notification] service. (Free TTS problems,For more precise work)
* For Android 4.2 or below : [Accessibility] service
# Incoming Call Flash
1) When a call arrives, the flash blink
2) Set the starting time of the flash
3) Set the number of flash flashing
# SMS Flash
1) Flashing, when SMS arrived.
(Using other SMS app like GoSMS and behavior may not work)
# Missed Call / Unread SMS Flash / Repeat Notification
1) The flash is repeated at specific intervals
## Please refer ##
1) Some devices may not work.
2) If it doesn't work, reboot your phone
* This app is a light weight version of [Vibrate then Ring with Flash]
- Separated flash between Notification apps, Incoming call, SMS / MMS
- Screen Flash : Automatic color extraction, app icon display
- Default settings and detail settings of the notification app
- More friendly user interface
# Review : http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/07/sponsored-app-review-flash-notification-2.html
# Supported Languages
- English, 한국어, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Português, 中文(简体), русский , 日本語, Croatian, Polish
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
It informs you about missed calls, unread sms messages and other application notifications.
You are notified only when screen is turned off.
- three kinds of notification
- button backlight (ROOT needed)
- camera flash
- start after device reboot
- select interval between notifications
- select hours of silence (no sound and backlight notifications)
- select a time after which notification is stopped
- select applications to be notified
- warnings for SMS messages containing specyfic keywords. (Functionality designed to support monitoring systems with sms alarms)