MTFI is a premier Manual Therapy Organisation in India imparting quality Manual Therapy Education that effectively combines high academic exposure, professional outlook and commitment to humanitarian values.
MTFI (MANUAL THERAPY FOUNDATION OF INDIA) was founded by Prof. Umasankar Mohanty, B.P.T (Hons), M.P.T (Manual Therapy), PhD, S.R.P (London), MISEP, FAGE in 2003 with the following objectives:
- Encourage high standards of manual therapy education and practice by conducting short term workshops and certificate courses integrating various approaches of manipulative therapy.
- Conducting Manual Therapy camps for treatment of mechanical musculoskeletal pain.
- Encourage communication and exchange of information in Manual Therapy among the practitioners.
- Organize International Congresses of Manipulative Physiotherapists to facilitate exchange of ideas.
- Cooperate with appropriate national or international organisations keeping in interest of manual therapy professional development.
- To encourage research in Manual Therapy among the practitioners.
MTFI is Govt. Regd. under Societies Regn. Act of 1960 No.32/2003:2004.
Permanent Account Number of MTFI is AAAAM8314N (Issued by IT Department, Govt. of India)
Sharing knowledge and imparting skills has been at the heart of MTFI. The knowledge sharing programme is designed to speed the flow of Manual Therapy skills, practice and techniques to the participants in order to cope them with recent developments and trends in the profession. The programme has been a major contributor to our extraordinary success in training more than 11,000 Physios in acquiring Manual Therapy skills across the globe.
MTFI is helping shape the future of Manual Therapy in India and Globally. But our goal is to be more than just successful. It is to be admired for our culture and for the quality, service and standards of hands on training with recent developments that we impart and upgrade regularly. Nothing less will do as at MTFI we believe that “Learning is a Journey and never a destination”.