Sawdhaan, An emergency response, and women safety app was created primarily keeping disabled and women in mind.
In case of an emergency, it is impossible sometimes to access the app and then signal your guardians of the situation. Especially if the victim is a disabled person or a girl who is being chased on the road.
There are many women safety and emergency response (SOS) apps available in the play store, and there was not a need for a new app. However, there is none for disabled.
However, upon testing those apps and analyzing the reviews what came to our knowledge was that in order to send the distress message it is required to first locate the app in the phone after unlocking the phone and then send the SOS messages to the guardians.
People were demanding an app that could trigger the SOS distress message without going through the hassle because it's not ideal in a situation that requires a quick reaction time.
Well, we at Satak Support tried and created Sawdhaan emergency response and women safety app that solves this specific problem.
Sawdhaan doesn't require you to access the app to send the SOS distress message to your guardians. You just need to press and hold either of the volume rocker keys (volume buttons) to trigger the app, and everything happens on its own.
1. Collects some important information of the person in distress and sends it to up to 3 mobile numbers as SMS and to an email address that you've chosen in App settings.
2. Sometimes the messages get ignored, so the app automatically calls on the primary number, increasing the possibility of your distress call being heard.
3. his process is repeated after every 5 minutes until manually stopped.
Information Being Collected And Sent:
1. Location of the person: Sawdhaan uses state of the art technology to send your exact location to the guardian so that you can get support where you need it as soon as possible.
2. Sound recording and pictures: This is not just a fancy feature. 15 Sec. voice recording and a Picture from the selfie and the back camera may help guardians assess the emergency and take proper action.
We hope that this app turns out to be as helpful as we thought it should be while building it.
Disclaimer: Although we’ve taken every precaution in coding the app and have tested it countless times, there is always a chance with a software that it may stop working especially if there is a server-based application. There is never a 100% server uptime guarantee.
However, we’ll try to resolve any issue as soon as we get a notification about it.
Also, Sawdhaan does not guarantee your safety. Sawdhaan is simply an SOS app that sends emergency response messages to your guardians.
Note 1: This is not a free app as we're a self-financed company and to run this app we need resources like server and SMS gateway along with human resource and other expenses. Also, we don't want to run ads on the app. However, the price of the app is very nominal, Just 20 rs. Per month.
Note 2: There is a compatibility issue with OPPO devices. The operating system in OPPO devices is not letting Sawdhaan switch on the accessibility services permanently. It keeps on shutting it down. We're working on finding a solution.