With this application you'll have easy access to all the press, news and journals in Scotland. The application automatically sort the newspapers that you read, you can easily share news and headlines in different social networks.
Up to date news from the top news sources such as:
Find local news in your area, we have all the latest news sources from across the Scottish regions:
Dumfries and Galloway
City of Edinburgh
Get the latest news from all the main Scottish cities such as:
Kirkcaldy and Dysart
You'll get access to Scotland's best journalism with the latest Scottish news, sport and opinion, plus the Herald's renowned coverage of business, politics, arts and culture. And of course the famous Diary is there too.
The app is free to download. To access you need to sign up to the phone or tablet subscription package on the heraldscotland website. Then just sign in with your heraldscotland details and enjoy.
Latest news updated continually throughout the day.
Offline reading of downloaded articles.
Ability to change font size.
Download GovExec’s app and:
· Get daily updates on all of your TSP funds
· Stay on top of breaking news across the federal government
· Read the latest updates on federal pay & benefits
· Get expert analysis on pressing federal issues
Don’t be left behind. Download the must-have app for federal managers.
Free to download, this app gives you all the very latest Scottish news, sport and opinion 24/7 in the palm of your hand.
Get all the best news, pictures, video and opinion from the world of Scottish football. Our big-name sportswriters including Keith Jackson, Hugh Keevins and Gordon Waddell are backed by great columns from football greats Mark Hateley, Murdo MacLeod and Craig Burley.
Our other star lifestyle and advice writers include Tam Cowan, Coleen Noleen, Jackie Bird and Joan Burnie.
The Record app combines the latest cutting edge technology with breaking news, live blogging on the big football matches, amazing image galleries, sport and entertainment videos and personalised content all at a touch of a button.
The 'My Record' homepage is a fantastic addition which allows you to customise the content the way YOU want to see it, when YOU want to see it. So whether you're interested in the latest computer games, film reviews or weird stories, your favourite sections of the Daily Record newspaper and website will be at your fingertips.
Share and post your favourite articles to your friends and family via Facebook, Twitter or Email.
- Free to download
- Offline reading for all articles
- 24/7 breaking news stories
- Image galleries
- Weekly football and entertainment video shows
- Live blogging on football matches and major events
- TV and entertainment news
*** Got comments on the app? Want to suggest new features? Good or bad, we always want feedback so we can make the app better.
E-mail us directly at: email@example.com
Follow the Daily Record on Facebook and let us know what you think
You can also follow the Record on https://twitter.com/Daily_Record
• Our Vision: a message from First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon MSP
• Team SNP: information about the SNP leadership team, our election candidates, MSPs, party members and affiliated groups
• Stay Informed: keep up-to-date latest information from the campaign
• Take Action: get content from the share hub, create and discover events, find out ways to get involved
• Contribute: contribute your photos and videos using the #voteSNP and #SNPbecause hashtags
• Get Social: get the latest from SNP social media
• Join: If you're not yet a member, become one. If you are, encourage your friends to join too
• Donate: help fund SNP campaigning work
• Shop: get some of the latest SNP merchandise
• Contact: get in touch with headquarters, your candidates, MSPs and affiliated groups
You will receive a Free Special Issue to browse and to marvel at the ways in which these islands come alive despite being formed of the most ancient of rocks.
They have always attracted people owing to their landscapes, seascapes, history, language, culture, wildlife and photogenic qualities. Remote places appeal and either lure visitors directly or arouse interest through words and images.
This magazine has wide appeal with full-length articles, short pieces, personal insights, topical matters & events - all illustrated with acclaimed photographs - plus book reviews and a prize crossword.
Whether you anticipate seeing or just want to read about the Northern and Western Isles, the islands of Arran, Bute and Cumbrae in the Clyde, and the intriguing ‘Outliers’ which include St Kilda and Rockall, this is the magazine for you. It’s a stimulating read from cover-to-cover, with stunning images that reflect a region renowned for discovery and exploration.
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase the current issue and back issues.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. A subscription will start from the latest issue.
Available subscriptions are:
12 months £11.99 (6 Issues)
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through Google Play Account settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
New user interface with optimisations for 7" devices like the Nexus 7.
Improvements for Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
Quicker more reliable issue downloads.
Improvements to the reading experience.
In app purchases are now more reliable. If a purchased issue fails to arrive you can now restore your purchases.
Credit based subscriptions have been replaced by recurring subscriptions. Users with existing credits can continue using these as normal.
This app allows you to view the Wings website, as well as sending a notification as soon as a new article has been posted.
Tap the App for the best news, views and opinions in Scottish agriculture.
Unique, exclusive and compelling coverage for – News, Business, Opinion, Livestock and Arable plus exclusive Features and unrivalled Show and Sale coverage with the best farming pictures…can you afford to miss an issue?
Always have access to the publication that is 1st for farming, providing unrivalled coverage and supporting farmers in Scotland for 120 years. The Scottish Farmer is Scotland's No. 1 publication for agriculture, proving a firm favourite with farmers in Scotland delivering unique comment, analysis and campaign support to those running a farming business.
Subscribe to The Scottish Farmer app and pay less for your favourite farming magazine, not only do you save but you also get it delivered direct to your device every week.
The Scottish Farmer app is FREE to download and includes seven days free access. Once the seven day period has passed you will be asked to take out a subscription from as little as £1.99 a week.
• Read your automatically updated magazine by scrolling and swiping through single pages, tap the selector to choose a specific page or flip your device to read double-page spreads
• Search functionality to find key words relating to recent content
• Pinch-to-zoom functionality to enable clearer reading of selected articles with exceptional text rendering
• Full access to all previous/archived editions – the ultimate in agricultural archives
• Download and save individual pages or whole editions to enjoy offline and when you are on the go
Launched originally by a group of enthusiasts, it was edited by the founder, G A Ponsonby, until just after the 2014 Scottish referendum.
In December 2014 Newsnet Scotland merged with the popular podcast service Bateman Broadcasting, and was relaunched as newsnet.scot
Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
My News is a newly introduced feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on your location, stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Politics, Business, Entertainment and Health or search for your own subjects of interest whether they’re people, places, things or themes
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC News channel, up-to-the-minute reports available 24-hours a day
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for breaking news stories
- Video over 3G and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Home screen widgets. Configurable to reflect your choice of topics, resizable to suit your screen layout and stylable to view as a stack or list widget
- Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
- INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or Wifi to deliver the best quality content
- WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
- C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows the app to suggest news based on your location (Android 4.0 and above)
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS/WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS/AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS: Used for managing background updates to get the latest news content from the BBC (Android 4.0 and above)
Use this app to track your mental wellbeing and physical activity. Spot the patterns and triggers that affect your mood and stress levels and monitor your progress as you make changes to your lifestyle. Sync data with your favourite apps and wearable devices.
SOPHISTICATED MOOD TRACKING: Because your emotions are more complicated than a 1 to 5 scale. Track up to 3 different wellbeing measures from a possible 18, including happiness, optimism, connectedness, energy, control and more.
YOUR SMART DIARY: Take a moment each day to write about what has been going in your life. Use #hashtags to highlight the emotions, people, places and events that affect your mood. Understand better why you feel the way you do.
ALL YOUR DATA IN ONE PLACE: Use Activity & Mood Diary by Ginsberg to track your mood, daily diary events, sleep, steps, exercise, nutrition, body weight and alcohol consumption. Log exercise including running, cycling, walking, yoga, meditation and strength training.
TRACK WHAT MATTERS TO YOU: Focus on the parts of your life that are most important to you. The app’s modular design makes it easy to hide the features you don’t use so that you see only the things that matter.
SLEEP BETTER: Quickly and easily track the duration and quality of your sleep every night. Get personalised insights about how you sleep and how it is affected by your stress levels, exercise, nutrition, alcohol intake and more.
SPOT PATTERNS AND IDENTIFY TRIGGERS: Use Activity & Mood Diary by Ginsberg to find recurring patterns in your life and pinpoint your triggers for stress, poor sleep and excessive alcohol consumption.
SEE THE EFFECTS OF BEHAVIOUR CHANGE: Monitor your progress from week to week and see how your mood, sleep, exercise and nutrition data track as you make positive changes to your life.
CONNECT TO YOUR FAVOURITE APPS: Seamlessly sync data from your favourite health and fitness apps and wearable devices including Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Withings, MyFitnessPal, Runkeeper, Moves, Strava, Map My Fitness and more. Visit the Ginsberg web app to connect new devices.
BECOME MORE SELF AWARE: Externalise your thoughts and feelings so that you can reflect on them in private. Understand yourself better and become more mindful.
REDUCE STRESS, ANXIETY AND MILD DEPRESSION: Developed in partnership with NHS psychologists and psychiatrists. Uses clinically valid WHO-5 and WEMWBS mental wellbeing measurement systems.
COMPLETELY SAFE AND PRIVATE: We take your data privacy very seriously. Mod and Activity Diary by Ginsberg has a combination of human and technical infrastructures to ensure that all of your information is secure, confidential and as private as possible. We do not and will not sell your data. Period.
Learn more about Activity & Mood Diary by Ginsberg and access advanced features at www.ginsberg.io
That’s where YOU come in!
Help Klang track down and find the parts he needs to fix his ship, surprisingly things found here on Earth are ideal – which is handy.
Collect the parts he needs along with bonus cogs for cosmically cool upgrades by completing the series of mini-games including a very special blast-off game!
But beware, Klang is a bit confused by roads and cars – his cosmic circuits detect danger! And if that wasn’t enough, his rather spectacular landing has attracted the attention of evil secret agents who want to track down Klang too – but it’s highly unlikely they’ll help him get anywhere safely…
An app brought to you by Road Safety Scotland that makes learning about road safety fun and engaging.
Visit www.klangtheroadhome.com for exclusive trailer and loads of awesome activity downloads!
• A visual timeline of Robert Burns including articles on the key landmarks of his life and events commemorating him.
• Over 500 of his poems complete with English translations of words in the Scots dialect.
• A guide to hosting your own Burns Supper, from what to eat and drink to what music to listen to.
• Facts about Robert Burns and his impact on the world.
* Use the search option to find all major events celebrating St Andrew's Day, including many that are free or discounted.
* Watch our animated history video of St Andrew
* Find out how other countries and cultures celebrate St Andrew around the world
* Get cooking with our St Andrew's Day menu guide courtesy of celebrated Scottish chefs, Andrew Fairlie and Adam Newth
* Improve your knowledge with the guide to 'The Perfect Dram' from the Scotch Whisky Experience
* 'Get kilted up' and look the part with our guide to traditional Scottish formal wear
* Set the party mood with our St Andrew's Day playlist courtesy of Spotify