App is designed for use on-board small boats at sea. It measures the barometric conditions every 15 minutes from your boat using your phone’s barometer sensor. It notifies you using its Storm*, Strong Wind or Gale alarms (and the Notification panel) when a thunderstorm, Strong Wind or a Gale Force wind is approaching your immediate vicinity.
*Thunderstorm Rule: A storm occurs when the last 3 hours pressure falls 4 mb or more to below 1009 mb. Rule can be used to detect any storm, but further rules need to be applied to uniquely identify the type and size of a storm. See www.worldstormcentral.co
• App provides early warning of thunderstorms (at least two hours), Strong Winds and Gales.
• Barometric pressure and its rate of change (last hour, last 3 hours) are displayed.
• It will operate far out at sea as the app itself does not require an internet, Wi-Fi or mobile phone connection to function. It requires a once only internet connection when you start the app for the first time after installation. Thereafter, no connection is required when the app is started again.
• You can estimate the wind using an on-screen guide.
• App can be used on rivers, lakes and on-shore provided you pay attention to the alarms only. This is useful for recreational boaties, fishing enthusiasts, participants in outdoor water sports, coastal residents, storm spotters and chasers.
• App allows you to share with your friends on social networks.