App is designed for use on-board small boats at sea. It measures the barometric conditions every 15 minutes from your boat using your phone’s barometer sensor. It notifies you using its Storm, Strong Wind or Gale alarms (and the Notification panel) when a thunderstorm, Strong Wind or a Gale Force wind is approaching your immediate vicinity.
• App provides early warning of thunderstorms (at least two hours), Strong Winds and Gales.
• Barometric pressure and its rate of change (last hour, last 3 hours) are displayed.
• It will operate far out at sea as the app itself does not require an internet, Wi-Fi or mobile phone connection to function. It requires a once only internet connection when you start the app for the first time after installation. Thereafter, no connection is required when the app is started again.
• You can estimate the wind using an on-screen guide.
• App can be used on rivers, lakes and on-shore provided you pay attention to the alarms only. This is useful for recreational boaties, fishing enthusiasts, participants in outdoor water sports, coastal residents, storm spotters and chasers.
• App allows you to share with your friends on social networks.