Lifestream is a haunting and innovative text adventure game that plunges players into the roles of Randolph and John Holton, a father and son desperate for answers to the mysteries surrounding a mysterious realm known only as "the Lifestream" and an enigmatic brotherhood.
"Father Randolph Holton was dead. Not literally, of course. But in his heart, he knew he could not live on...not after everything he had learned. Sitting at his dark oak desk in the corner of the dimly lit, cozy study, the white-haired, frail Catholic priest--even frailer of late--dipped an old quill into a container of jet-black ink and began to write..."
Lifestream revolutionizes the genre of interactive fiction, combining classic room-based explorative text game mechanics with a stylish graphical interface and plenty of modern bells and whistles like pictures and sound. The result is a game that looks and feels modern while remaining true to the essence of interactive fiction.
Lifestream plays like an interactive novel. You make a series of choices that determine what happens next in the story. But unlike in traditional gamebooks and visual novels, Lifestream also features more advanced adventure-based game mechanics, including locations to explore, items to interact with, characters to meet, and puzzles to solve.
John Holton's father, a Catholic priest named Randolph, has been missing for two weeks. Unable to go to the police for help, since doing so would tarnish his father's reputation as a celibate priest, John takes it upon himself to search for his father.
Over the course of Lifestream, players take on the roles of both John in the present and his father, Randolph, in the past. While John searches for answers, players see the troubling events that led to Randolph's disappearance firsthand.
- Explore multiple detailed locations, including a quaint Victorian home and small village church
- Enjoy over 150 pieces of original artwork
- Solve a multitude of challenging puzzles
- Interact with a variety of interesting characters
- Play as two separate protagonists across two time periods
- Unlock 30 achievements to view a special post-game bonus scene
- Experience an emotional, hour-long soundtrack
- Play 8+ hours of content with over 78,000 words--the text equivalent of a full-length novel!
- Adjustable font size for smaller devices
Developed by Unimatrix Productions - http://www.unimatrixproductions.com
View more games like this at Storycentric Worlds - http://www.storycentricworlds.com
Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/UnimatrixProductions
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/UnimatrixGames