Let award-winning StoryTourist guide you through London while you take part of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes short story ”The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle”, in a completely new way. Solve puzzles and unlock this whodunnit detective tale, as well as learn about the famous sites you visit. This walking tour ties reality and story together into one immersive experience. The app is location based and uses GPS. You can choose to read or to listen to the story, whatever you prefer.
The Sherlock Holmes walking tour starts in Hyde Park – close to Speaker’s Corner, continues via the Victorian streets and alleys of Marylebone to the famous Baker Street – which houses both the Sherlock Holmes statue and the museum.
StoryTourist invites you to step inside the story; you will experience the tale of the stolen blue jewel as an aspiring detective. Dr John Watson will be at your service – he has heard rumours that you wish to walk in the footsteps of Sherlock Holmes, and he is ready to put you to the final test. Dr Watson is the narrator of this story; he will guide you to the spots in London where the action takes place and will help you through some serious puzzle-solving detective work! There will be clues and interactions hidden along the way - features that are triggered and show up on your mobile screen when you get close to them. Through sound, images and animations you will be challenged to use the art of deduction.
The Sherlock Holmes walking tour is perfect for:
• Travellers who’d like to go sightseeing in London in an immersive and flexible manner.
• All those who enjoy audio books and sometimes wish they could step inside the story they are listening to
• Puzzle game lovers and fans of escape rooms
• London residents who wish to discover a story hidden in their own city
• Families or friends looking for a fun activity to do together outside
There are many reasons to take the StoryTourist Sherlock Holmes tour:
• It is an affordable option to other guided tours. No tipping or in-app purchases!
• It is 100% flexible; you can start, pause and end the tour whenever it suits you
• There is no need to keep up with a tour guide, our GPS-based map function and the narrator of the tour will be your personal guide and you can walk in your own pace
• You don’t have to walk around in a group if you don’t want to, this tour is perfect to take alone, with a friend or with your whole family
• We offer immersive interactions that traditional tours don’t have; you can solve intricate puzzles, trigger sounds and animations and search for clues in your immediate surroundings!
The Sherlock Holmes tour is 2,6 km long and will take 1,5-2 hours to finish. When you open the app, you will find a map showing you the start point of the tour.
Do you think you have what it takes to solve this case? Well then detective, what are you waiting for?