Looking for a live video streaming app? Use BroadcastMe with YouTube live, Facebook live, Twitch or any RTMP compatibe service.
I am an app developer. Why is BroadcastMe for me?
Whether you are fully dedicated to pushing the limits of video streaming or just playing with video technologies, BroadcastMe helps speed up research and validation.
BroadcastMe allows you to
- explore the possibilities of integrating live video social media platforms with your apps
- research different mobile streaming conditions with no up-front investemt in custom mobile solutions
- connect to popular live streaming services (YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and others) as well as any server that supports RTMP publishing of H.264/AAC streams (Wowza, Akamai, Red5, Adobe Media Server or any other CDN).
I am a media professional. Why is BroadcastMe for me?
Whether you are a journalist, marketer, blogger or media company, BroadcastMe helps you better leverage live streaming capabilities from mobile devices.
BroadcastMe supports media use-cases because it allows you to
- effectively stream live video from your mobile device even while connected to low bandwidth or unstable GSM conditions; BroadcastMe uses a unique adaptive algorithm that keeps streaming when other solutions fail
- stream live mobile video to multiple servers at once; Some media platforms use this capability as a fail-safe solution for live transmissions
- broadcast to live social media sites; Use BroadcastMe as an alternative to provider apps as it can connect to multiple platforms at once
Note: The current version of BroadcastMe was build with video research in mind. If you find it hard to use for your particular use-case, please contact us for support or give us feedback for improving it.
How to test it?
Go live on Youtube or Twitch straight from the settings menu. No need to configure anything, just login and you're live!
Don't worry if you do not have an RTMP server ready, as you can use ours. In the Settings Screen under Server URL there is a predefined URL with a random streamName. You can watch and share your live streaming here: http://play.streamaxia.com/streamName
If you have an RTMP server available... Perfect! Go to Settings Screen under Server URL fill in your server details. For example: rtmp://22.214.171.124/application/streamName
In the Settings Screen you will be able to tune your live streaming settings:
Frame Rate: the frequency at which frames in a video sequence are displayed (measured in fps)
Key Frame Interval: The Key Frame Interval is the number of reference frames that are created before a NEW and complete image is generated to be used as a reference for the new incomplete image frames, which only contain the differences from the Key Frame image used.
Bitrate: refers to the number of bits—or the amount of data—that are processed over a certain amount of time.
ServerURL: the URL to the RTMP server ( rtmp://mycompany.com/vod/mycoolvideo | vod= application name | mycoolvideo= streamName)
Server Authentication: a username and password field used to create a connection with a server that uses RTMP authentication. The Server URL is formatted as follows: rtmp://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/application/streamName
- codecs: H.264/AAC
- protocols: RTMP and RTMPS
- Settings: Resolution, Frame Rate, Keyframe Rate, Bitrate (or adaptive), Server Link, Stream Name, Credentials and more...