NewsHog is the most comprehensive, feature rich, free news aggregator on Google Play. NewsHog gives you the most news on any topic or location of your choice, aggregated via Google News! NewsHog has many advanced features such as summarization, reader mode, text to speech, offline reading and translation that take the Google News experience to the next level. NewsHog is a worthy replacement for Google Currents or the News and Weather app.
NewsHog is a news reader designed for avid news readers who want the latest news on their fingertips. Whether you are sitting down comfortably to read, or on-the-go, or even sleeping, NewsHog is there for you! Designed around the concept of channels (topics) rather than individual sources, NewsHog currently has more than 100 preconfigured channels (top news, business, technology, sports, etc.,) aggregating thousands of sources via Google News.
NewsHog also includes Google News Regional Editions for many countries, custom channels for any keyword, and even local news for any state, city or zip code. NewsHog is optimized for both phones and tablets (especially 7" and 10" tablets like Nexus 7 and Nexus 10), with a list layout for phones and optional grid and tile layouts for tablets, similar to Flipboard and Google Currents.
* 100+ preset channels (tech, business, etc.), aggregated via Google News.
* Read full articles formatted beautifully for the mobile/tablet screen.
* Consume news faster with a 100 word summary of articles.
* Use Text to Speech to listen to news when you are on the go.
* Create custom channels for any keyword (eg. Olympics), or location.
* Get instant access to articles pre-downloaded to save you time.
* Articles are downloaded automatically for offline reading.
* Choose between list, grid and tile layout for 7" plus tablets.
* Choose between four color themes, including a night theme.
* Use Text to Speech Alarm to wake up to the latest news.
* Save articles for reading later within NewsHog or save to Pocket.
* Automatic country detection for Google News regional editions.
* Share to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, email, Blogger, Tumblr, etc.
* Easily change font size in article view by pinching in article view.
* Shake phone/tablet to easily pause/play Text to Speech.
* Easily translate articles via Google Translate service.
* Swipe to easily change channel or read next article.
* Filter out read articles to only see unread articles, mark liked articles.
* Find articles containing any keyword using search option.
* News widget (home and lock screen) for easy access to the latest news.
* Shake device to bypass lockscreen and access NewsHog (optional).
Coming soon: New side drawer UI, ability to add individual sources such as CNN News, BBC, USA Today, etc., Reader mode for custom channels, and more!
 Summarization is in beta and available only for a few US channels currently. It can be disabled via Preferences.
 Full articles in reader mode are not available currently for custom channels. However, website mobilization of custom channels is available.
 Region can also be selected manually from Preferences. Some channels may not have regional editions. Google News Regional editions currently available for USA, UK, India, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Philippines, Singapore, Ireland, Israel, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Italy.
Note: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for bugs or other feedback instead of commenting on the Market, as we cannot contact you there to resolve your problem.
NewsHog is NOT an official app of Google News and is not affiliated with Google.
Your subscriptions sync across devices - no need to re-add them for each device, and great peace of mind for anyone who's ever left their phone in the back of a taxi (just saying). Our servers do the fetching and mixing, saving you bandwidth and precious battery life, and syncing in seconds, not minutes. Offline access is child's play too, thanks to our flexible Auto-Downloads feature.
Player FM is free with minimal permissions - no location, contacts, bank balance requested here. Just the basics we need to make your podcasting experience rock.
"Attractive UI...What this new app really brings to the table is the way it presents new content to podcast listeners"
- Android Central
"Searching for new podcasts was a breeze...surprised this app is free."
"Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts based on category, channel, or even specific topics"
• Stream or sync...your choice. It's simple to stream endlessly from online sources just like a radio (think Pandora or Stitcher), and we support syncing so you can play offline, anytime, with plenty of options (download limits, wifi-only, custom folder, etc). Playing is a breeze too - view progress of each show, resume where you left off, and hide completed episodes.
• Polished interface optimised for tablets as well as phones lets you swipe through shows like a magazine. And also a full-featured web app at http://player.fm. Search, browse, play, and manage your subscriptions from any browser.
• Search over 30,000 feeds and add more by URL. OPML works too, so you can import your subscriptions from iTunes, BeyondPod, PocketCasts, etc. It works the other way too - you can easily export to OPML and switch to another app.
• Topics go deep. There's not just a "TV" channel, but dozens of channels dedicated to "Mad Men", "Game of Thrones", etc. Not just "Tech" but "Android", "Gadgets", "Java", and more. Our experts organise sub-genres of sports, arts, technology, language-learning, etc. These aren't static catalogues, but *live* playable channels mixing episodes. Follow topics and individual series (from NPR, BBC, ABC, CBC, etc.)
• Browse full descriptions and share with other apps. See what's new and hit Play Later to keep any episode offline.
• Supports Android Share feature so you can send shows to friends and other apps.
• Dive into the full history of any series, not just your subscriptions; if it's in their feed, you can play it on Player FM.
• Play in the background and control via homescreen and lock-screen player widgets, pull-down notifications. Bluetooth too.
* Mark All Played and multi-selection.
• Always free! No ads, minimal permissions, star up to 50 topics, manage up to 20 subscriptions. Gain more subscriptions by inviting friends (http://player.fm/invites). We're trialling a Gold account with unlimited subscriptions and other benefits.
Recent Play reviews:
★★★★★ "Brilliantly useful, fantastically intuitive, beautiful UI"
★★★★★ "Very full featured... And free to boot! It even syncs across devices!"
★★★★★ "It's a store house of knowledge"
★★★★★ "Programmer gives this app a lot of love and attention and it shows"
★★★★★ "Love the offline function"
★★★★★ "Just got into podcasts and am so glad I found this app."
★★★★★ "There aren't words to describe this app... It is totally perfect"
★★★★★ "Best app on the market"
★★★★★ "Amazing is all I can say"
We love your feedback and respond quickly to every mail, so get in touch at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions! Or just to say hi (no really!).
This is the official Android app for TL;DR.
- The latest news from all 10 categories
- Clutter-less interface, so you can focus on reading
- Tap and hold to share
If you like TL;DR, please consider taking the time to rate and review the app.
Note: A major update is coming soon.
We bring the latest Chrome browser, Chromebook and Chrome OS news, app reviews, tutorials and much, much more to hundreds of thousands of readers every month.
* Holo-themed application
* Star articles for later reading
* Offline Caching
* Choice of article list views
* Category filters
More from developer
With PlexiDigest you get breaking news in 8 categories, pulled as it happens from leading sources like: BBC, CNN, Fox News, Sports Illustrated, Reuters, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Mashable, Engadget, The Verge, New York Times, and many more. Articles always current are never more than a few hours hold. Summaries are often accompanied by photos from the source story, and you can click through to read the full article of any story.
Don't settle for apps that pick selectively from yesterday's news or wait for your Facebook friends to decide what's happening, get the news from the source, live and in real-time with PlexiDigest.
Beta Version 0.3 Features:
• Get dozens of up-to-the-minute headlines from each of 8 news categories, each with multiple sources.
• News categories are; US News, Global News, Business, Sports, Technology & Science, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Politics.
• Fast, intuitive interface, just swipe to quickly navigate news summaries.
• Tap the summary headline to read the full story on the source web site.
• Share fast-breaking news stories and summaries via Facebook, Twitter, email, text message, and more.
• Fast-loading news brings more than 130 stories and summaries in just seconds on 4G connections.
All this in a beautiful and efficient interface that places the priority where it should be; the information you need right now.
Beta Version 0.3.1 Updates:
Improved performance of transitions between news summaries on older versions of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean), and lower-quality hardware.
Improved loading of first news summary.
Beta 0.3.3 Updates
Vast improvement on all devices running Android 4.0.x - 4.2.x.
Beta 0.3.5 Updates
Fixed font but for 4.0.x devices
Expanded time window for more stories in each category
Beta 0.3.6 Updates
Even more stories in each category