This is the official Android app for TL;DR.
- The latest news from all 10 categories
- Clutter-less interface, so you can focus on reading
- Tap and hold to share
If you like TL;DR, please consider taking the time to rate and review the app.
Note: A major update is coming soon.
NewsHog is the most comprehensive, feature rich, free news aggregator on Google Play. NewsHog gives you the most news on any topic or location of your choice, aggregated via Google News! NewsHog has many advanced features such as summarization, reader mode, text to speech, offline reading and translation that take the Google News experience to the next level. NewsHog is a worthy replacement of the stock News and Weather app.
NewsHog is a news reader designed for avid news readers who want the latest news on their fingertips. Whether you are sitting down comfortably to read, or on-the-go, or even sleeping, NewsHog is there for you! Designed around the concept of channels (topics) rather than individual sources, NewsHog currently has more than 100 preconfigured channels (top news, business, technology, sports, etc.,) aggregating thousands of sources via Google News.
NewsHog also includes Google News Regional Editions for many countries, custom channels for any keyword, and even local news for any state, city or zip code. NewsHog is optimized for both phones and tablets (especially 7" and 10" tablets like Nexus 7 and Nexus 10), with a list layout for phones and optional grid and tile layouts for tablets, similar to Flipboard or Google Currents.
* 100+ preset channels (tech, business, etc.), aggregated via Google News.
* Read full articles formatted beautifully for the mobile/tablet screen.
* Consume news faster with a 100 word summary of articles.
* Use Text to Speech to listen to news when you are on the go.
* Create custom channels for any keyword (eg. Olympics), or location.
* Get instant access to articles pre-downloaded to save you time.
* Articles are downloaded automatically for offline reading.
* Choose between list, grid and tile layout for 7" plus tablets.
* Choose between four color themes, including a night theme.
* Use Text to Speech Alarm to wake up to the latest news.
* Save articles for reading later within NewsHog or save to Pocket.
* Automatic country detection for Google News regional editions.
* Share to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, email, Blogger, Tumblr, etc.
* Easily change font size in article view by pinching in article view.
* Shake phone/tablet to easily pause/play Text to Speech.
* Easily translate articles via Google Translate service.
* Swipe to easily change channel or read next article.
* Filter out read articles to only see unread articles, mark liked articles.
* Find articles containing any keyword using search option.
* News widget (home and lock screen) for easy access to the latest news.
* Shake device to bypass lockscreen and access NewsHog (optional).
Coming soon: New side drawer UI, ability to add individual sources such as CNN News, BBC, USA Today, etc., Reader mode for custom channels, and more!
 Summarization is in beta and available only for a few US channels currently. It can be disabled via Preferences.
 Full articles in reader mode are not available currently for custom channels. However, website mobilization of custom channels is available.
 Region can also be selected manually from Preferences. Some channels may not have regional editions. Google News Regional editions currently available for USA, UK, India, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Philippines, Singapore, Ireland, Israel, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Italy.
Note: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for bugs or other feedback instead of commenting on the Market, as we cannot contact you there to resolve your problem.
NewsHog is NOT an official app of Google News and is not affiliated with Google.
1. News summaries by Newsco
2. A very clean reading environment for news/articles summaries
3. Quickly scan headlines and summaries
4. Aggregates news from famous Indian and USA news websites
5. Calculate popularity ranks - based on Twitter and Facebook
6. Uses Machine Learning algorithms to extract most relevant and important text for concise summary and people mentioned in the story
7. Read news based on categories(India/USA/World specific categories) that matters most to you
8.Share your favorite news on social channels
9. Weather and local time for your favorite locations all over the world including India Weather, USA weather, live weather
Keep up with Newsco: http://newsco.me/content/go/about
Android App FAQ: http://newsco.me/content/go/faq
If you are having technical issues or have any questions. Please send us an email to: email@example.com
Newsco in news:
NewsCo is supporting following news source and categories.
Times of India TOI timesofindia
Next Big What nextbigwhat
Tech crunch techcrunch
Cars and Auto News
Entertainment News with special focus on Bollywood and Hollywood
Food & Recipes News
NewsCo aggregates news from various online news websites and ranks them according to popularity across various attributes. We find the story highlights of a news and present news as a concise summary. Short News, RSS News. Summary news.
Fast News, Quick News. Summary News, Short news, USA News, India News and World News
*** NOTE: Google has announced that the Google Reader service will be shut down on July 1st. I'll be looking closely at how this progresses and I'll try to figure out another provider for the feeds.***
*** Join the discussion on www.reddit.com/r/FlowReader and help me improve the app! ***
Flow Reader gives you an easy way to be on par with your RSS/Google Reader feeds on the go. It was built to provide a minimalist and seamless experience for offline browsing, while delivering additional features not found in similar apps.
Some of the main features include:
- A sleek and fast user interface;
- Offline item content and state caching;
- Multiple simultaneous downloads for fast content synchronization;
- Content filters that automatically mark as read the items you're not interested in;
- Sort items by state (latest/unread/starred) or author;
- Smart algorithms that remove ads and other undesirable content from items;
- No ads.
v0.9.5a (25 Mar 2013):
- Bug fixes
v0.9.5 (22 Mar 2013):
- Added German translation;
- The subscription view now displays a small snippet of the article (if space is available);
- You can now browse the feeds while they are being downloaded;
- An encrypted connection is now used to connect to Google's servers;
- Other minor UI tweaks;
v0.9.4 (24 Feb 2013):
- Synchronization and network code completely rewritten. Synchronizing subscriptions is now a faster, lighter and more robust process;
- Changed synchronization method. By default, all unread items are now downloaded, plus a specified number of additional read and starred items;
- Fixed a design fault where where tags were always interpreted as labels;
- Reduced database and application size.
v0.9.3b (27 Jan 2013):
- Item downloading (and processing) is now faster and requires very little memory;
- Less storage space required (roughly ~33% less);
- Fixed a bug where missing favicons were always downloaded during an update;
- Improvements to article content cleanup;
- Minor UI improvements and bug fixes.
v0.9.3a (24 Jan 2013):
- Lots of bug fixes;
- Slightly reduced memory usage while downloading items.
- Initial synchronization is now a bit faster;
- Swiping between articles should now be smooth for devices with Android v4.1 and up.
v0.9.3 (20 Jan 2013):
- New feature: Dark UI theme;
- Fixed several bugs, including one that prevented the items from being stored correctly;
- Minor usability and UI improvements.
v0.9.2 (5 Jan 2013):
- Corrected some UI issues for low and high resolution devices.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
v0.9.1 (30 Dec 2012):
- Fixed a bug that prevented the feeds from being updated successfully.
- Implemented a crash report system.
v0.9 (29 Dec 2012):
- Beta initial release.
For the external links is also available readability.com mobile web service.
Note: This app is not affiliated with Y Combinator or HN.
Daily stories from various channels such as Big Brother, War on Terror, Food Alerts, and More!
Want us to add a feature or is there a bug that is causing you grief? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
☆ Swipe for faster browsing
☆ Optional navigation with volume-buttons
☆ View and download attached media files
☆ Cache articles and images locally
☆ Share URLs
☆ Easily mark things as read, starred or publish/comment them
☆ SSL with self-signed certificates
☆ Fast JSON-Parsing with stream-based parser GSON
☆ Scheduled updates via Tasker/Locale
☆ Layout optimized for tablets
☆ Dark and light themes available
☆ many more, Changelog and Feature-List can be found on the project-page...
You need to enable the API for the user-account in the user-preferences.
• "modify/delete SD card contents": Download of attached media files, ImageCache.
• "full Internet access": Connection to your Server.
• "view network state": Check for mobile network/wifi.
• "control vibrator": Vibrate when last article is reached.
• "wake lock": Keep CPU running, necessary for the ImageCache.
Q: Why can't I update this app ("Signature incorrect" error)?
A: Remove the application and install it again. Sorry about that but it's the only way. And not my fault. Someone included this app in a custom android build on your device or you installed it from a third-party-source and it isn't signed with my key, so there is no way you can update it.
Q: When I switch to offline-mode, how do I know when the caching is done?
A: There is no caching. The only difference to normal mode is that no connectivity is necessary and changes are stored locally. When switching to online again the spinning indicator should show while changes are uploaded. Caching occurs only when starting the app (everything except images) or the ImageCache is started (everything).
Q: Why don't articles appear as "read" when I did read them on my PC?
A: Most of the time this is no problem at all. But. There is simply no way to get this information from the Server-API. I have to guess how many articles could have been read since the last update of the local data and would probably transmit much more data then necessary in the end. So it *can* happen. But mostly it doesn't.
Please feel free to contact me via mail or on the project-page, I am happy to receive bug-reports, feature-requests, donations or (of course) also critique.
More from developer
With PlexiDigest you get breaking news in 8 categories, pulled as it happens from leading sources like: BBC, CNN, Fox News, Sports Illustrated, Reuters, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Mashable, Engadget, The Verge, New York Times, and many more. Articles always current are never more than a few hours hold. Summaries are often accompanied by photos from the source story, and you can click through to read the full article of any story.
Don't settle for apps that pick selectively from yesterday's news or wait for your Facebook friends to decide what's happening, get the news from the source, live and in real-time with PlexiDigest.
Beta Version 0.3 Features:
• Get dozens of up-to-the-minute headlines from each of 8 news categories, each with multiple sources.
• News categories are; US News, Global News, Business, Sports, Technology & Science, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Politics.
• Fast, intuitive interface, just swipe to quickly navigate news summaries.
• Tap the summary headline to read the full story on the source web site.
• Share fast-breaking news stories and summaries via Facebook, Twitter, email, text message, and more.
• Fast-loading news brings more than 130 stories and summaries in just seconds on 4G connections.
All this in a beautiful and efficient interface that places the priority where it should be; the information you need right now.
Beta Version 0.3.1 Updates:
Improved performance of transitions between news summaries on older versions of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean), and lower-quality hardware.
Improved loading of first news summary.
Beta 0.3.3 Updates
Vast improvement on all devices running Android 4.0.x - 4.2.x.
Beta 0.3.5 Updates
Fixed font but for 4.0.x devices
Expanded time window for more stories in each category
Beta 0.3.6 Updates
Even more stories in each category