This app allows you to improve your knowledge and ability in ear training, sight reading and writing music rhythms.
Through dictation, reading and tapping rhythm exercices, you will progress at your own pace following the different levels. You always have a global view on your last results.
This app is translated in:
Kind of exercices:
* Reading (Reading and tapping on your screen or clapping your hands or some claves etc.)
* Dictation (Listening and writing)
* Write your own rhythms (listen or tap them)
Kind of rhythms:
And many more...
The free download of this app gives access to:
* more than 100 exercices and exams with growing difficulty
* lessons (with text and music roll)
You can create and listen to your own rhythms, then try to play them to check your accuracy.
You can also create an exercice by picking the levels you particularly want to work on.
The only purchases you can do, are after the app is installed and tested at your own pace.
If you still wish to reach higher levels of music theory, then you will have the opportunity through the app to access to:
* more than 200 different exercises
* more than 30 different exams
* all the rhythm music theory lessons
* full detail of the accuracy of your taps (in ms)
* full access to Custom games (Write your own rhythm, create an exercise by picking in all existing exercises)
* unlimited replays in exercises
* discounts for the next published games in this app
The permissions in this app are:
- "In-app purchases" : to allow users to buy items (the list of items is written just above)
- "Microphone" : the app uses the microphone to allow users to play in Read and Clap game. In that game, users can play with theirs hands, with some claves etc. in order to produce sound that will be recorded by the microphone.
You can also save Playlists of chosen scales to play through one by one or get the app to pick a scale at random.
- beats to count you in
- displays all the music notes on a stave
- different sounds (piano, strings, etc)
- change the starting octave and number of octaves
- customisable tempos
- major, melodic minor, harmonic minor and pentatonic scales
- save your scales into Playlists
Looking to practice your arpeggios? Check out the Pro version of Scales Practice for lots more scales and arpeggios.
Scales Practice is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
bComposer Scales is a free and unique application that contains the basic rules of melody and harmony theory in the music composition.
Now You will understand how your favorite music bands made their songs and the most important, you will have the ability to create your own musical compositions!
With bComposer Scales:
- You are going to understand and master the fundamentals of music theory, playing on quickly and easy way; contrary like happens with the traditional methods.
- You can learn the basic music concepts with our help panel option inside the app, where is explained everything interactively.
- Also We encourage the appropriation of theoretical concepts with practice.
- Understand how to read and write a score
If you like this app, please give us a positive rating.
* Key Signature
* Major Scales
* Minor Scales
* Basic chords creation
* Understanding basic harmony
* Note sounds
* Chords sounds
* Intuitive graphical
* Melodic minor scale inclusion
* Harmonic minor scale inclusion
* Tools and help material
* Interactive help panel to learn all the music theory concepts
Check out! our other interesting apps:
* bComposer Rhythm
* bcomposer Metronome
* Facebook Page
All features, trademarks and copyrights are property of:
ONE MAN BAND STUDIOS S.A.S Studios ©
In the screen of this app, the Circle is made up of several concentric rings, which provides various information. By rotating the 2 rings, inner and outer, the needed information can be got easily.
The outer most ring shows information on the scale such as a tonic, a dominant, a sub-dominant, a relative minor, a relative major, and a progression of the degree. The next outer ring shows a series of note's name ordered by the progression of 5th, and the root note of a scale can be set by rotationg this ring. When rotating the outer ring, the inner ring rotates also. The next ring shows a degree of a note and a diatonic chord in that scale. By rotaing the next ring, a chord can be set. If a note name of the outer ring is touched, then a diatonic chord, of which the root note is the note, is set. Instead of the inner chord ring, a key progression ring can be displayed which is very useful when transposing a song to another key. At the center of the concentric rings, a signiture of the scale is displayed.
Both a handset or a tablet are supported. However, it is recommended you to use this app on a tablet larger than a 7-inch for a better usabilty.
The direction of the circle
The direction of the key progression on a circle can be set to a CW or a CCW direction by a user.
Switchable Inner Wheel
The inner wheel can be switched when it is needed. A chord wheel, a transpose wheel, and a interval wheel are avalable.
A major scale and 3 minor scale and church modes are available. The scale tones can be distinguished by its background color. A diatonic chord of the scale can be set by touching one of its scale tones.
Diatonic Scale Chord
Both triads and 7th chords are supported for each scale.
Chord wheel is uniquely designed to represent the relationship between a scale and a chord. Most diatonic chords are available. The chord tones can be distinguished by its background color or its mark.
For transposing, a ring of key progression can be displayed instead of a chord ring.
Intervals of notes can be found out easily and quickly. Just switch the inner wheel to an interval wheel.
Inversion of a Chord
The inversion of a chord can be played by clicking a button, and also can be seen through the piano view.
There are various ways of naming note names. In this app, CDEFGAB, CDEFGAH, and Fixed-Do systems are supported. Also, you can set a prefered accidental, a sharp(＃) or a flat(♭).
Information about a scale or a chord is shown on a 2-octave sized mini piano. It can be played by touching the keys.
Information about a scale or a chord also can be shown on a guitar fretboard. It's tunable.
Colors / Marks
The tones of a scale and a chord are associated with the 7 colors of the rainbow. For example, the 1st note is red, and the 7th note is violet.
Also, marks such as ●, △, ★, ◎ represent that it's 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th note.
Clef / Signature
A signature of the scale is showed at the center of rings. A clef can be set to a treble of a bass.
When the center is touched, user-defined action is performed.
The sound of a scale and a chord can be played. A chord sound can be played arpeggio pattern or not.
Piano, E.Piano, and Guitar sounds are included. The bundled sounds are recorded in high quality.
Natural / Harmonic / Melodic Minor
Major 7th aug 5th
Major aug 5th (Triad)
Suspended 2nd (Triad)
Suspended 4th (Triad)
Minor Major 7th
Dominant 7th aug 5th
Dominant 7th flat 5th
Dominant 7th sus 4th
Minor 7th flat 5th
The App has four main features, which play musical elements, and the user is given the opportunity to identify what is being played:
1. To identify notes – Random notes are played individually.
2. To identify intervals – 2 Notes are played sequentially.
3. To identify scales – A set of notes are played sequentially, ascending and descending.
4. To identify chords – 3 to 5 notes are played simultaneously.
Keywords: pitch ear training listening notes intervals scales chords music theory
Always free, ad-free version.
* Use treble, bass, tenor, alto, soprano, and baritone clefs.
* See chords and key signatures displayed with high quality graphics.
* Hear chords played.
* Choose any starting note.
* Choose chord inversion.
* All possible key signatures available.
* Standard chords include seventh and augmented sixth chords as well as triads.
* Test your knowledge and speed with quizzes.
* Chords quiz.
* Intervals quiz (full version only).
* Key signatures quiz (full version only).
Ear Trainer was conceptualized as part of Hawaii Pacific University's CSCI 4702 Mobile Programming course as a solo project.
-Statistics and records
Please send any questions, comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Design, Programming and Maintenance by Derek Kam.
smartChord provides you also a reverse chord finder, scales, arpeggios, a chromatic tuner, metronome, pitch pipe, ear training quiz, transposing slide ruler, playground, tone generator, timer, flashlight and as a new feature: Circle of Fifth:-)
It's worth a try and useful for every musician! Promised!!!
Ultimate chord reference:
* Dictionary with > 220 types of chords
* Expansion each chord to a 'slash chord'
* Support of guitar, bass, banjo, balalaika, bouzouki, cavaquinho, mandocello, mandolin and ukulele with specific settings for each of them
* Choice between more than 200 predefined tunings (e.g. DADGAD or mandola)
* Define an individual custom tuning for each instrument
* Calculate all the possibilities for playing a chord and the fingering
* Supports a capo
* Supports instruments with shortened strings (e.g. 5 string Banjo)
* Browser/explorer for comfortable navigation
* Modes for different playing strength (basic, advanced, expert)
* Individual adjustment for almost everything. For example: Showing (no/just) barré-chords, number of the frets and finger, if base tone is obligatory, ...
* Viewer for the grips:
- In detail, in the gallery or all the fingerings in the overview
- Limited to a range of the fretboard
- Notes of the chord or of the whole fretboard
- For right- or left-handed users (lefties)
* For the overview:
- Clear charts and diagrams
- Define your favourites
- Filter and search the chords
- Sort the fingerings according to best sound, level of difficulty, placement on the fretboard, number of the required fingers
* audio playback of every chord and every fingering. The sound can be chosen. E.g. classic-, acoustic-, electric-guitar, ...
Reverse chord finder
Finds out, if a chosen grip corresponds with a certain chord.
Define if you allow slash chords, inverted chords or incomplete chords
It shows how the notes of a chords are spread on the fretboard.
Precise tuning with the chromatic tuner:
Analyses the tone and visualisation in different ways. Showing of
- the recognized note and octave,
- the frequency of the played note, as well as the target frequency,
- a scale with colours, showing to what extent the right tone is stroked,
By option, vibration of the smartphone if the pitch is met.
Scales for your improvisation
* Display of different scales (e.g. Major, Dorian, Pentatonic, Chromatic) for every keynote
* Shows the musical notation with formula
* Plays the scales
* Play the scales yourself on the fretboard
Metronome for the perfection of the timing:
* Speed trainer
* Precise up to 300 bpm
* Optically, acoustically, vibration
* Choice between 60 different MIDI sounds
Training of the musical ear:
* Learn how to distinguish between all notes of the scale and arbitrary chords
* Decision which notes or chords one wants to train
* Check the recognition rate in the aural training by a statistic
* A wide range of instruments to play the notes (about 80 instruments)
* Choice in which octave the note shall be played in the game
A 'playground' (not really a virtual instrument) to play, hear and compare different chords and fingerings.
Transposing slide ruler to transpose music from one key to another
Pitch pipe for tuning the instrument. This is also a very good aural training
Audio signal generator:
Exact with the frequency range from 0.01 Hz to 19,999.99 kHz. For:
* Tuning the instrument, generating exact references tones with the synthesizer
* Testing of the hearing, the bandwidth of headphones and speakers or other audio or studios equipement
Flashlight for the next campfire
Timer to control the practising time
This Music Composer is an excellent tool for music students, artists and singer song writers.
- Musical notation editor (supports chords)
- Calculates the size of each measure and fills automatically
- Change tempo, clef, key signature, time signature, keys and instruments
- Playable with 128 different instruments (Piano, Organ, Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Violin, Cello, Trumpet, Drum and more)
- Export to printable image file
- Export to playable audio file
This is an initial release version.
We will continue improving this application with your support.
Please rate us if you like the app :)
• Play / Stop the metronome with flash / vibration / visual
• Turn on tuner
• Record your play
• Select rhythm pattern
With NO touch, you can:
• Stop the metronome in battery-saving mode (by covering the proximity sensor).
New ideas implemented by a heavy metronome and tuner user.
★ A tuner that listens your sound, and a pitch fork that sounds the exact pitch ★
★ Customizable A4 frequency (440Hz by default) ★
★ A real metronome shouldn't lag beats ★
Soundcorset metronome never lags.
★ Integrated one-touch recorder ★
★ Flash metronome
If you can't hear the sound of the metronome, due to the speaker volume limit, use flash metronome instead. You can easily see the beats. Project the flashlight to the wall, then the entire wall will guide you to get the beats.
★ Large start button
to easily touch with your busy fingers
* Can be used with guitar ukulele mandolin violin cello viola bass drum flute harmonica clarinet trumpet
* Precise BPM control
* Intuitive volume control
* BPM Counter
* Accurate tuner
* Visual metronome using flash light of the camera
* Tuning fork, pitch pipe
* Free guitar tuner
◈ 주요 기능
- 사용자 지정 스킨 색상
- 되감기 / 빨리감기 (이전곡, 다음곡 버튼을 길게 누름)
- 어학 학습에 필요한 재생속도 조절 및 AB 구간 반복 기능
- 음정 변화 없는 재생속도/음정(키) 변환 기능 (CPU/ABI armabi-v7a, 4.1 젤리빈+, wma 제외)
- 재생 목록 관리 (재생 순서 변경: 항목 좌측 앨범아트 모양의 아이콘을 길게 누른후 상하로 이동)
- 가수, 앨범, 재생 목록, 폴더별 재생 (앨범이나 폴더 목록을 길게 눌러 그 아래 포함된 모든곡 재생 또는 목록 작성)
- 재생 목록에 곡 추가시 중복된 곡은자동으로 제외
- 싱크 가사 제공 (3G/Wi-Fi 연결을 통해 재생 중인 노래의 가사를 자동 다운, 한번 받은 가사는 외장메모리에 저장되어 이후 네트워크 연결 불필요)
- 멜로디 가사 지원
- ASS, LRC, TXT 등의 다양한 가사 형식 지원 (utf-8/16/32, 다양한 ansi 파일 포맷)
- 음원 파일에 내장된 ID3 Tag 가사 / 사용자 입력 가사 지원
- 태그정보 수정 및 자동 찾기 (myMusicTagger 플러그인)
- 태그정보를 이용한 앨범아트 자동 검색 (myMusicTagger 플러그인)
- 볼륨 컨트롤(미세볼륨 포함)
- ASS, LRC 가사의 싱크 조절
- 재생화면 앨범아트 레이아웃 설정
- 500x500 이상의 고화질 앨범아트 지원
- 헤드셋 미디어키(play, pause, next) 지원
- 좌우 제스처 지원 (이전/다음 곡 이동)
- 폴더탭에서 파일 다중 선택후 재생/삭제/재생목록에 추가 기능
- 홈화면 위젯 지원 (4x1, 앨범아트 포함여부, 배경 투명도 설정)
- 풀스크린 잠금화면 위젯 지원
- ASS, LRC, TXT 가사의 텍스트 크기 및 가사 배경 투명도 설정
- 가로 모드 지원
- 벨소리 설정
- 노래 제목/가수/앨범명으로 곡 검색 (음성검색 가능)
- 노래 제목/가수명으로 가사 검색 (자동, 수동)
- 유투브 또는 인터넷에서 노래 제목/가수/앨범명으로 검색
- 플러그인을 통한 이퀄라이저 지원 (2.3 진저브레드+)
- 전체 화면 재생 설정
- 슬립 타이머 설정 (페이드아웃 지원)
- 자동 이어폰 감지 설정 기능
- 다국어 지원 (한글, 영어, 일본어)
- 지원되는 미디어 형식 (Media Format)
MP3, AAC/AAC+, 3GP, FLAC (Android 3.1+), MIDI, OGG, PCM/WAV
- 일부 단말기에서 DCF 파일 재생 가능 (멜론과 협의된 제조사의 DCF포팅된 단말기) 보다 자세한 사항은 멜론에 문의 바랍니다.
✔ 사용자 입력 가사는 음원 파일과 같은 폴더에 파일명이 abc.mp3 이라면 가사 파일명 abc.lrc, abc.txt 등으로 자동 인식 (utf-8 포맷)
✔ 이퀄라이저는 MusicFX, Equalizer 등의 플러그인을 설치하시면 됩니다. (2.3 진저브레드+)
✔ 인앱 상품인 '광고지우개'를 구매하시는 분들은 간혹 구글을 통한 구매여부 확인중 오류로 광고가 노출될 수 있으니 이점 양해 부탁드립니다. (최대한 이런 경우가 없도록 더욱 노력하겠습니다)
✔ 음원 파일에 태그 정보가 없으면 자동 검색이 제대로 안됩니다. 태그를 수정하시거나 수동으로 가사 검색을 해보시기 바랍니다.
✔ 여러분의 소중한 리뷰가 업데이트에 반영되며 따뜻한 댓글과 별점은 개발자에게 많은 힘이 됩니다.
✔ 광고 수익금은 가사제작 및 가사서버/앱 유지보수에 사용되고 있습니다.
✔ 업데이트가 자주 이루어 지니 구글 플레이에서 자동 업데이트 허용을 체크해 주세요~
개발자 연락처 :
gtcsoft 고객지원 담당자
The concepts we teach are applicable to all types of music, but examples are drawn from popular songs you’ve probably heard on the radio. Also, because the explanations are drawn from our TheoryTab format, people that don’t read conventional sheet music will benefit from the concepts we cover just as much as those that do.
What people are saying:
“★★★★★ Outstanding! A great explanation of music theory, and the relationship between melody and chord progressions. Having the video/audio examples built-in makes this book really stand apart from others I have read. I wish all music books were made this way!” - Jeffrey Hall
“★★★★★ Worthy of multiple re-reads. Hooktheory I was a great book. I have been looking for a resource that made writing music comprehensible. This is that resource. The graphs and explanations were clear and easy to follow. The various examples from popular songs helped a great deal.” - Jeremiah Spassion
“★★★★★ Absolutely loved your first book. I learned so, so much. Currently going through it a second time. Can’t wait for the next one!” - @rogerclark
The book is 6 chapters long with 41 exercises and 94 audiovisual examples from artists like: Aerosmith, Avicii, Beyonce, Bon Jovi, Bruno Mars, Celine Dion, Daughtry, Diana Ross, Green Day, John Mayer, Journey, Kelly Clarkson, Kenny Chesney, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, Pink, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, The Beatles, The Four Seasons, The Killers, Tom Petty, … and more.
Table of contents:
1. Building Blocks
- The building blocks of music
- Relative notation
- Combining chords and melody
- Wrap up
2. Harmony I
- The I chord: home base
- Basic chord function
- The vi chord: a minor sound
- Being creative
- Check for understanding
- Stable vs. unstable scale degrees
- Rhythmic patterns
- Melodic themes
- Check for understanding
4. Harmony II
- The iii chord
- The ii chord
- The I6 chord
- The V6 chord
- The cadential 64 chord
- Pedal harmony
- Final Thoughts
- Closing remarks
Created by David Carlton, Ryan Miyakawa, and Chris Anderson - the creators of www.hooktheory.com, Hookpad, and TheoryTabs. Hookpad is software that simplifies songwriting by helping you choose chords that sounds good together and guiding you to write a good melody. TheoryTabs are tabs that show the theory behind songs. Learn more at www.hooktheory.com
Join the thousands of guitarists, pianists, singers, DJs, producers, and students all over the world that have fallen in love with Hooktheory.
● Do I have to be able to read sheet music? No. Hooktheory I uses TheoryTabs to explain the function of chords and melody so knowledge of conventional sheet music isn’t necessary. TheoryTabs make it easy to see and hear what is going on in a song.
● Does the app require an internet connection? No. All media is packaged with the initial app download.
● What if I have questions? We love to talk to our readers. To get help or ask a question, you can email us at email@example.com.
If you are taking a music theory course, this is the app for you!