Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or comments.
- Update the latest HK UV index and provide the suggested ways of protection
- Provides up coming 3 days HK UV index from 8am to 6pm each day
- Provides the current year and last 2 years each month HK UV index chart, compare the UV index on each month
* Choose units (temperature: C, F; distance: km, miles; gust: kn, Bft, m/s, km/h, mph)
* Update periods: City: 1-12 Day Forecast every 6 hrs, 1/2 Day Forecast every 3 hrs, Current Weather Info varies between 30 min and 6 hrs, Radar: 5min (UK), 15 min (Europe), 1hrs (USA, Australia). Maps every 6hrs.
* Timezone: Location Forecast: local time at the forecast location. All other times according to the preset time for the device.
* View pictures step by step
* Level: Continent; Country; Region (Radar only available for United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, USA and Australia).
* Surface pressure
* 3 Day Forecasts
* 1-12 days: Tmax; Tmin; Weather -a.m.; -p.m.; -evening; Rain risk; Precipitation; Wind direction and mean wind force -a.m.; -p.m.; -evening; UV index; Sunshine hours; Sunrise; Sunset; Moonrise; Moonset;
* 12 hrs Forecast in 3 hrs intervals: Temperature; Wind direction; mean wind force; Relative humidity; Weather; Sunshine hours; Peak gusts;
* Current weather: Temperature; Weather; Precipitation; Visibility; Wind -Speed; -Gusts; -Bearing; Relative humidity; Cloud Cover; Cloud Base; SL pressure; -Trend; Snow depths;
* Language: English
* Go to www.weatheronline.co.uk to verify availability of the requested location, map, radar image.
* In case specific radar images are missing please click refresh (Menu --> Refresh).
* Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com
Quickly calculate sun activity.
* Calculates the following data:
- Solar noon
- Length of day
- Twilight times
- Equation of time
- Azimuth of sunrise and sunset
- Altitude of sun at noon
- Sun Path during the day
- Solstice and Equinox dates
- Moon rise
- Moon transit
- Moon set
- Azimuth of moon rise and moon set
- Altitude of moon during transit
- Date of next new/full moon
* Specify a location by :
- GPS receiver
- list of more than 30000 cities
- geo coordinates supported are: latitude/longitude, UTM and MGRS
* Any date between 01/01/1901 and 01/31/2099 can be selected
* Information can be shared on Twitter and Facebook or send via email
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
- sun rise and set times
- moon rise and set times
- moon phase
- moon current azimuth and elevation.
Two widgets display:
- sun rise and set times
- moon rise and set times, moon phase
It uses mobile geolocation functions to determine your current position.
The UV index provides a number the strength of the sun and affords us the opportunity to protect our skin and thus prevent skin cancer. Thus, knowing the UV index throughout the day can aid in prevention of wrinkles, ugly pigmentation and cancer!
*Current UV IndexInformation on how much sun protection to wear
*Information on protective clothingFeatures
*“Shake” phone feature to re fresh UV index manuallyTap on *Eco Sport logo for www.avoidtheburn.com information
*** ATTENTION: This application is specific to Australia. In locations other than Australia it is made available merely for convenience of international users who work, study or visit Australia.
'OzSun UV' app fetches, consolidates and displays in a convenient colour-coded visual way the current actual real-time observed UV levels data available courtesy of Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) and the daily UV (aka 'SunSmart') alerts as issued to the public by Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) based on forecasts.
In addition, the app also provides shortcut links to relevant public web pages of these and other relevant agencies, where more information about UV levels for the user’s selected city can be found (accompanied by public education materials regarding sun UV exposure risks and protective measures).
The app uses the same international colour coding for UV index levels as established by the World health Organization (WHO) and adopted by the above mentioned Australian agencies as well.
Currently, the following 10 major Australian cities are catered for:
(NOTE: it is expected that more cities will be available in the future)
UV observations courtesy of ARPANSA (http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/realtime/xmlrt.htm#Disclaimer).
Using UV alerts from BOM (http://www.bom.gov.au/info/about_uv.shtml).
FOR SUPPORT & FEEDBACK:
Please visit: http://ozsun.okapps.net
to submit queries, feedback and suggestions in regards to this app.
Also via TWITTER: @okApps
***** DISCLAIMER *****
Nothing contained in this application, or the data presented, is intended to be used as a substitute for a health professional's advice.
The developer of this application does not accept any liability for any injury, loss, damage or costs incurred, or any consequences resulting directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information inferred via use of this application.
This application uses data retrieved from sources managed by third parties. These data may not always be available, accurate and up-to-date.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND APPLY COMMON SENSE!
Geomagnetic solar activity has a significant impact on human well-being (exacerbation of disease, malaise, headache, etc.) as well as some technical devices (GPS satellites etc.).
Data source: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Solar Geomagnetic Activity transcription:
K < 4 - Quiet (Green Sun Icon)
K = 4 - Raised (Yellow Sun Icon)
K > 4 - Storm (Red Sun Icon)
Click on widget to see activity graph image.
- Storm begin notification
- Sharing image of a solar activity chart
More info: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index
* Featured on Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV Canada is a useful app for the residents of Canada which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by the weather office of the government of Canada. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency, to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. The BC Cancer Agency, an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority, provides a province-wide, population-based cancer control program for the residents of British Columbia and the Yukon. Enjoy the sun light more safely!
* Follow us on Twitter @uvcanada !
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or comments.
- その日のUV対策に適したサンスクリーン(日焼け止め)の目安 SPF/PAを表示します
- ネスレUV予報で、できること -
“Good Food, Good Life”をスローガンとするネスレは、栄養・健康・ウエルネス企業として、お客様の紫外線や肌のシミについての関心が高いことに着目し、肌とコーヒーなどの食品の関係について研究を行ってきました。そしてこれまでの知見や研究成果をお客様に楽しみながらお役立ていただけるように、このアプリを開発しました。
Weather Foreseer is a weather widget that close the gap and interpret weather conditions for you.
Weather Foreseer will interpret earth atmosphere severe weather conditions like hypothermia risks, frostbite, heat stroke and sunburn from high ultraviolet to avoid risks like sun burn from ultraviolet radiation. In addition, this widget will interpret other weather conditions like whether you need to take umbrella or not to save your time.
Wearing heavy or light winter cloth is also predicted by Weather Foreseer widget based on the windchill index and safety risks zone
Predicting delay shows an icon in the widget once there is a forecast for snow, fog, reduced visibility, freezing rain or any weather condition that could occur before leaving your home.
This widget also predicts the possibility of heat stroke when humidity and temperature or humidex reach certain points.
You don't have to waste your time analyzing weather data to tell your children what to wear and whether to take umbrella in a rainy day or not.
This widget is designed to facilitate user interaction. It does not take more than a glimpse to figure out if you need to take action. We are planning to add many features that helps in reducing risks that you might encounter. Some of these features might not be related to weather but they are related to your safety.
For example we added one feature that asses safety from social media (Twitter) and inform you with a summary about tweets that contain violence and crime indication language around a geographical boundaries you decide.
Weather Foreseer provides accurate weather forecasts (wind, humidity, heat, alerts) with analysis and recommendations of 3 days in the future beside normal 10 days forecast of weather data like fog, wind speed and direction, pressure, temperature and weather conditions..
It also provides access to real-time weather (METAR) at any time of the day.
This widget currently support English and Arabic.
Other languages will be added soon.
Please don't hesitate to send your comment to us via Google+, email, Twitter or Facebook
If you like the app, please rate it and make people around you aware of it