- sun rise and set times
- moon rise and set times
- moon phase
- moon current azimuth and elevation.
Two widgets display:
- sun rise and set times
- moon rise and set times, moon phase
It uses mobile geolocation functions to determine your current position.
- Display of current solar disk image by using SDO
- The calculation of sunrise and sunset, the time of onset and end of twilight, astronomical noon, day length, сonsidering position of the observer.
- Display of the current geomagnetic and solar radiation, based on data from SWPC
- Short-term forecasts of geomagnetic storms (1-4 hours), using data from GOES
A convenient widget, that displays basic information without running the application.
Find out about end of the world first :)
Quickly calculate sun activity.
* Calculates the following data:
- Solar noon
- Length of day
- Twilight times
- Equation of time
- Azimuth of sunrise and sunset
- Altitude of sun at noon
- Sun Path during the day
- Solstice and Equinox dates
- Moon rise
- Moon transit
- Moon set
- Azimuth of moon rise and moon set
- Altitude of moon during transit
- Date of next new/full moon
* Specify a location by :
- GPS receiver
- list of more than 30000 cities
- geo coordinates supported are: latitude/longitude, UTM and MGRS
* Any date between 01/01/1901 and 01/31/2099 can be selected
* Information can be shared on Twitter and Facebook or send via email
"WeatherPro answers the question - what's the best Android Weather app?"
WeatherPro for Android features high-quality seven-day forecasts and weather reports for over two million locations worldwide. Highlights include global satellite plus radar for the USA, Australia, UK and much of Europe. Images can be animated with interactive elements bringing the weather to life! With our fantastic Live Wallpaper and new and improved widgets, you can instantly see the weather at your selected location before you even open the app.
SEVEN DAY FORECASTS INCLUDING:
• 3-hourly intervals
• Dynamic short-term forecast for instant overview
• Weather reports for over 2 million locations worldwide
• Temperature (Celsius/Fahrenheit) and the all important “feels like”
• Worldwide weather alerts
• Wind direction and speed (in your chosen format)
• Air pressure, precipitation amount and relative humidity
• Sunrise and sunset times
• View forecast as a graph for an alternative, easy to read outlook
• And more…comprehensive forecast features from Europe’s leading independent weather company
GLOBAL SATELLITE AND ANIMATED RADAR:
• Radar images for the USA, Australia and much of Europe
• Automatically shows your current location
• Stunning, high resolution weather maps
• Interactive weather icons and city temperatures
• Connect to MeteoEarth – switch to a 3D map view in MeteoGroup’s brand new app MeteoEarth at the touch of a button.
• NEW! Create and share your own personalised weather photos!
• NEW! Connect to your personal weather stations, in partnership with Netatmo!
• If your device has an integrated weather sensor then WeatherPro will automatically display the data (such as pressure, humidity and temperature) on the forecast screen giving you hyperlocal weather wherever you are.
• NEW! Our widgets (with weather and clock) are now customizable!
• Live Wallpaper with current weather images
• Favourites settings
• 800,000 Points of Interest
• Always show the weather for your current location with the “My location” favourite setting
• App2SD compatibility
• Interactive city search (GPS)
• Map of water temperatures in Europe
• Air pressure maps
• Weather Reports and News
• Available in 14 European languages
• No adverts
The optional in-app upgrade to the PREMIUM version includes:
• Hourly forecasts – for when timing is crucial!
• 14 day forecasts – for planning ahead
• Stunning, high resolution maps with multiple layers of advanced weather information including precipitation type radar in Europe (showing the difference between rain, freezing rain, snow and so on), radar forecasts, worldwide visible and infrared satellite images, air pressure, heat maps, lightning strikes and cloud cover forecasts.
• Weather alerts displayed in the widgets plus the option to receive alerts in the notifications bar
• Ski Weather: For over 900 resorts in 17 countries including details of how many lifts are running, the number of pistes that are open, snow depth and quality and a live web cam!
• Beach Weather: This fantastic feature provides the UV Index and water temperatures for the Mediterranean, Caribbean and other popular holiday destinations.
• Precipitation-type radar: Standard radar only shows precipitation but you can’t tell if it’s rain, snow, hail etc. Change all that with this fantastic feature available on Premium.
• Forecast radar: There’s no need for guessing anymore – use our Premium radar feature to see the forecast.
• 40 images for radar and satellite
• Wind conditions
• And more…
Follow us on twitter.com/weatherpro for status updates and if you have any queries or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
Radar is able to tell you more precisely about whether there is any rain. Analyze between radar and satellite pictures, you can be a weather specialist.
Summer is coming, but it is so hot outside. What should we do? Open "UV Index", and you'll get the latest information about UV. You can also check the UV Index change graph for managing your outdoor activity.
☀ Customize the amount and speed of the satellite pictures animation.
☀ Know better by observing the satellite pictures animation.
☀ Get the latest information about earthquakes.
☀ Show the location of earthquake on Google Maps.
☀ UV index list sort by user location.
☀ Professional radar information.
☀ All the pictures can be shared.
The K-index quantifies disturbances in the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field with an integer in the range 0-9 with 1 being calm and 5 or more indicating a geomagnetic storm. It is derived from the maximum fluctuations of horizontal components observed on a magnetometer during a three-hour interval. The label 'K' comes from the German word 'Kennziffer' meaning 'characteristic digit.' The K-index was introduced by Julius Bartels in 1938.
The official planetary Kp index is derived by calculating a weighted average of K-indices from a network of geomagnetic observatories. Since these observatories do not report their data in real-time, various operations centers around the globe estimate the index based on data available from their local network of observatories.
The UV index provides a number the strength of the sun and affords us the opportunity to protect our skin and thus prevent skin cancer. Thus, knowing the UV index throughout the day can aid in prevention of wrinkles, ugly pigmentation and cancer!
*Current UV IndexInformation on how much sun protection to wear
*Information on protective clothingFeatures
*“Shake” phone feature to re fresh UV index manuallyTap on *Eco Sport logo for www.avoidtheburn.com information
Το Meteo.gr Sun είναι μια απαραίτητη εφαρμογή στην Ελλάδα ιδιαίτερα κατά τη διάρκεια του καλοκαιριού που ο δείκτης UV φτάνει έως και 10-11, τιμές επικίνδυνες που απαιτούν προστασία από τoν ήλιο.
Σημαντικό είναι να λάβουμε υπ όψη πως τα βλαβερά αποτελέσματα της ηλιακής ακτινοβολίας δεν εξαρτώνται μόνο από την ένταση της ακτινοβολίας αλλά και τoν βαθμό ευαισθησίας ευπαθών ομάδων όπως βρέφη, ηλικιωμένοι αλλά και άτομα με ανοιχτό
Ενημερωθείτε λοιπόν ανά πάσα στιγμή από το Android Κινητό σας και σιγουρευτείτε πως προστατεύεστε από την ηλιακή ακτινοβολία.
Η εφαρμογή διαθέτει:
- Αυτόματο εντοπισμό και πληροφορίες για την περιοχή που βρίσκεστε
- Πρόγνωση UV κατά Περιοχή
- Αναλυτική λίστα με όλες τις περιοχές
- Υπενθύμιση για τoν απόλυτο έλεγχο της συνιστώμενης διάρκειας έκθεσης στον ήλιο.
- Oδηγίες για την κατάλληλη προστασία
- Αγαπημένα (αποθήκευση αγαπημένων περιοχών)
Meteo.gr Sun provides all the information you need about the UV index forecasts - the only thing you need to do is to choose your location and apply sun screen!
Meteo.gr Sun is an important app if you find yourself in Greece, where the UV index increases 10-11 degrees during the summer and sun becomes dangerous for your skin.
Note that the effects of solar radiation do not depend only on the intensity of the radiation itself, but also on the vulnerability of sensitive groups such as infants and the elderly or people with warm skin types.
So stay informed at all times and make sure you’re protected from the solar radiation.
- Automatic location tracking and information display
- Local UV index
- Detailed list with all Greek areas
- Sun screen reminder/alert
- Recommendations for protection
The UV forecast identifies the peak strength of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun at a particular place on a particular day. UV rays can cause damage to the skin and can cause sunburn – which may lead to skin cancer.
The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) is the central association of practising UK dermatologists. The organisation aims to continually improve the treatment and understanding of skin disease, hence our slogan ‘Healthy Skin for All’. The BAD is committed to improving outcomes for skin cancer by promoting both the prevention and early detection of the disease.
The Met Office is the UK’s national meteorological service, and is a Trading Fund within the Department for Business Innovation and Skills. The Met Office provides the most accurate and reliable weather information on TV and radio, in print, and online.
•Daily peak UV forecasts
•In built geo-location to pin point your location and tell you what the corresponding UV level is on that day at your location
•Find out what steps you need to take to protect yourself from over-exposure to the sun and the risks of sunburn and sun damage
•Search function to find out the UV level in thousands of other locations across the UK and globally
•Information about individual skin types (from very pale skin to naturally brown or black skin), and what this means in terms of the risks different UV levels pose to your skin type
•Top tips on sun protection, including clothing, shade and what to look for in a sunscreen.
Find out more about sun protection and the early detection of skin cancer by visiting www.bad.org.uk/sunawareness
Follow the BAD on twitter @HealthySkin4All
Find out more about the Met Office, services provided, and weather forecasts by visiting www.metoffice.gov.uk
Follow the Met Office on twitter @metofficeUK
* Featured on Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV Canada is a useful app for the residents of Canada which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by the weather office of the government of Canada. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency, to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. The BC Cancer Agency, an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority, provides a province-wide, population-based cancer control program for the residents of British Columbia and the Yukon. Enjoy the sun light more safely!
* Follow us on Twitter @uvcanada !
* Please email us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or comments.
- Update the latest HK UV index and provide the suggested ways of protection
- Provides up coming 3 days HK UV index from 8am to 6pm each day
- Provides the current year and last 2 years each month HK UV index chart, compare the UV index on each month
* Three exciting widgets to view the Earth and Moon from space in real time
* Sun Rise / Sun Set information
* Amount of daylight / darkness for given day on Earth
* Moon Rise / Moon Set information
* Custom location based results
[Specific times for Sun/Moon rise and Sun/Moon set information is available for US cities only]
Viewing Earth from the Moon
Looking at the Earth from the Moon, it's a relatively small, blue sphere. Because the Moon doesn't rotate, you have to be on the right side of the Moon to see the Earth at all. If you're on the side of the Moon that can see the Earth, it would be in your sky all day and night. The Earth stay in the sky but would wax and wane, just as the Moon does as seen from our world. So considering how memorizing people can find a full Moon, how would a bright full Earth look on the Moon? From the Moon, the Earth would be about 3.7 times bigger in diameter. The Earth has a diameter of 7926 miles, compared to the Moon's only 2159 mile diameter. The hardest thing to simulate is the difference in brightness. People lucky enough to walk on the Moon in our times have noticed a very striking phenomenon, a full Earth from the Moon appears much larger and is much brighter. It's true that a full Moon can appear very bright due to its surface (composed of rather reflective yet dull gray dust), however, the Earth has white clouds, oceans and polar ice caps which can reflect much more light that the Moon does. Remember, the Earth and the Moon do not give off they're own light, rather it's reflecting the sun's light.
Earth and Moon phase
Earth and Moon phases are direct opposites of each other, basically they appear as the other one does only in reverse. When we would see a nearly full Moon, people on the Moon would see a slim crescent Earth. The next time you see a crescent Moon from Earth, imaging people on the Moon seeing a nearly full Earth hanging in the lunar sky. Just like the Moon, Earth also goes through a cycle of phases over the period of a month, you will (from the Moon) witness a Full Earth, Gibbous Earth, Quarter Earth, Crescent Earth, and New Earth. The Moon always keeps one side (called the Near Side) facing Earth as it orbits around us, hence, depending on your location, Earth would always appear in the exact same place in the night sky. If you were standing in the middle of the near side of the Moon, Earth would appear directly overhead. If you are on the far side of the Moon, you would never see the Earth because that side of the Moon will never rotate to turn twoards Earth. If you were to walk to a place between the near and far sides of the Moon, the Earth would be "frozen" or about in a state of being "half-risen" on the Moon's horizon.
The property of Earth's brightness when viewing from the Moon is a matter of Albedo or a measure of reflectivity of celestial bodies. Earth has an average Albedo of 0.367 or 36.7% of sunlight reflecting from it. The Moon has 0.12 or 12% Albedo. Earth is 3 times brighter than the Moon. Astronauts that walking on the Moon say that "Earth-shine" is so bright that it's almost like daytime. When the angles of the Earth and the Moon are right, the Earth's oceans act like a mirror, much like those garden globes that act like small ball shaped mirrors in your garden. From the Moon, you can see a mirror image of the sun reflecting off one of Earth's oceans. This makes Earth-shine view much more bright, colorful and interesting rather than watching Moonshine from Earth. We can certainly see how much Earth-gazing will be popular among the first Moon colonies.
Earth, Moon, Space, Sun, Rise and Set, Daylight, Darkness, Day, Night